It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glock 34 - an embarassing confession

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
That's why we say that the best handgun is the one that is best for you.

I just picked up a P95 and I gotta tell you I love it. Fits my hand well, nice easy recoil, zero jamming, good acurracy all for about $325.00

I might get another

The only drawback for me is the rail is not full size, but if I want to put a dot on it there are plenty that will fit.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well the G34 is gone, sold in a private sale and replaced by a NIB SiG P228R, but herein lies a small story.

Walked into a local Phoenix store that had one of the last new ones for sale (Sig has stopped making the P228) and price gouging is now rampant with the only other one in my local area listed for sale at $925.

This one was tagged at $899, but I heard one of the assistants commenting on how this dealership is a big Gunbroker (online gun sales website) dealer. So out comes the iPhone, I sign into my Gunbroker account and do a search for Sig P228Rs in Arizona - sure enough this one popped up on the search, but for a price of only $799. I click on the "Buy It Now" button and it's officially mine.

This is the point where I decide to act like a complete male phallus and have a little fun. I approach the owner and ask him to look at the gun, after a few seconds of handling I ask him if he would be willing to do a deal on it and accept $850. He smiled sweetly as if to say "nice try" and just shook his head - to which I replied, "ok, I guess I'll just pay you the $799 I bought it for on Gunbroker instead", and smiled back.

The "wtf" look on his face was worth more than $100. I don't think he spoke more than 3 more words to me as I filled out the paperwork

A little juvenile maybe, but the devil made me do it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Gang bangers don't even know how to spell the word clip.

I recommend you at least give the SR9 a try. I have on in OD Green. It is now my
primary carry weapon after retiring my S & W 459. I carry three mags with it for a total of 51 rounds, 52 if you preloaded the chamber. A lot of fire power for a light weight weapon.

Thank you for the congrats! Much appreciated.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Your post did make me check out some prices after I read it, and I would definitely like to try the SR9 out.

Personally I am a lazy CCWer as I carry the diminutive Ruger LCP snugged up in a pocket holster, .380ACP may not be the best option but it works for me on a number of levels.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You think that has a kick,try the 10ml glock now that has some kick. Very accurate so is my glock 21 great gun can hit targets 2+2 at 150 yards.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Hands down it's the best weapon Ruger has ever made. They also make a compact version of the SR9 so if you want a decent CCW weapon try that one out.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm satisfied with my glocks that i've owned to date. not that i havent owned other handguns, but i like my g21 i carry daily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join