It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Boycott BP and all stations and products owned by them until oil spill is fixed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Please Boycott BP until they FIX the oil spill. They are too busy trying to not lose profits and "save" their oil instead of saving our oceans. Bp owns BP stations, Castoroil, ARCO stations, AM/PM stations, Air BP avaition fuels , Aral stations, Amoco stations, Gulf stations. They also own BP solar. PLease Please Please Boycott these places.
If you have any other places to add that BP owns please let me know so that i may add them to FB as well. Please spread the word, our ocaens are too wonderful to let some money grubbing ------------- ruin them for us.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah probably not going to happen, im not going to boycot anything. Come on lets face it BP just got caught doing what most people do and don't talk about. I mean who has not dumped their used motor oil in a lake, river or ocean.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
me..........................

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I never have either. I bet there are a lot of people who haven't. Also there are laws against that as well. Since BP did it and got caught, they should pay the price.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

The last time this happened they wanted to boycott Exxon, and the person that was holding the sign and yelling the loudest droveherself to and from the protest site. So much for setting the example.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've always bought BP diesel it's the best there is.
I always will buy BP diesel, especially when i****s are boycotting them.

In fact I'll but BP stock tomorrow knowing that it WILL go back up.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well,boycotts are pretty useless in my opinion.They always seem to be led by people who do not use the product and never will.

You do know that the plastic that you are using,the computer in case you can't figure it out,was made from bi-products of petroleum probably pumped out of the ground by BP.

It is not just fuel for vehicles.

You will have to stop drinking out of plastic bottles, wearing fleece and anything else,and most beauty products and cosmetics.

Don't drive a car,ride a bus or train or peddle a bike.

The shoes on your feet are probably BP petroleum derived products too.

Look around and see what is all made from plastic or rubber.

You would have to basically strip naked and go live in the woods barefoot to get away from BP petroleum and the products derived from it.

Did not think your boycott through very well did you.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You would have to basically strip naked and go live in the woods barefoot to get away from BP petroleum and the products derived from it.

I wish I could...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

yeah I am also gonna jump on the non-eco spilling train. I've never done anything of that sort.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's going to be pretty hard to boycott BP, people need oil, and will get it where it's cheapest no matter what.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
In the last four years I have bought about four gallons of gas. Those just in the last two months. I have been trying to "go green" since moving to the panhandle of Florida. (tar balls have arrived) I walked to work until two months ago when I changed jobs. I bought a gasoline operated scooter that gets 120 miles to the gallon. We have electric lawn equipment and my sister has a Prius.

Please don't forget that most BP stations are owned and operated locally, they are your neighbors and probably have families to feed. It is not their fault.

When I was living up north and working convenient stores, the gas for three different "brands" all came out of the same eighteen wheeler. I was informed back then that more profit is made off chips and such than gas and liquor.

I am afraid that boycotting BP wouldn't accomplish what you think.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

The problem is most of those stores are franchise (independently owned). I understand the anger about BP (which pocketed over $20 billion net last year), but I think we need to direct our anger at strengthening the EPA and MMS so they can actually do their job with due diligence and not be beholden to all the Oil and Gas Interests.

How about we not use our vehicles? Use bicycles and take the electric trains (if there are any around). Unfortunately, we love our cars too much and will never take one day off from them.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We are all responsible.

Every single person on this planet is responsible. Horrible fact but look at the demand. Would you give up your car? Cancel the next flight you take for a holiday?

Boycotting one and using another is limited, why? =because every other petrochemical giant uses the same technology.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Seeing how the value of the company has plummeted over 50% since this happened I say we use this opportunity to go for the jugglar of Big Oil and let them die a slow and painful death.

Let BP/Amoco be the second giant to fall behind Texaco/Chevron. No more will our planet be raped because some azzhat firm wants to save a couple dollars.

Let this completely destroy The Gulf Of Mexico so that enough people are finally fed up and in one voice demand an end once and for all from oil and petrolchemicals.

Debate over the Financial Reform bill should be begining to wind down with a bill required on Obama's desk before the end of July.

With Financial Reform aside the next hurdle that The WH has started to get serious on is Energy Independence-Clean Energy and the inevitable takedown of Big Oil in the process.

This is real change we all can believe in. It is now, it is here. It is good!

BP/Amoco now, ExxonMobil, Conoco/Phillips, Shell, Marathon, Lukoil, Vallero, Wawa are all on the chopping block if they do not get with the program or get left behind. The clock is ticking and rapidly running out for these firms to make the choice if they want to either keep feeding us the black death or work and move to get us totally off of it. This is the future, all parties involved in paving the road to make this happen have already been told of their marching orders, "Either help us get off the black death or else face severe, swift consequences!". Simple as that and no other way around it. This is non negotiable, debatable, optionable, manueverable as this is our anchorpoint which moves for no one. The future and tommorrow is relying on us now to make the right decision and are we going to continually do nothing about it or fix and remedy the situation once and for all? We stand and fight.

WE ARE REVOLUTIONIZING THE PLANET.

From another post of mine on ATS seeing how it has relevance in this thread :

Boeing is working on a system that will use liquid fuel to get the plane off the ground and once at cruising altitude the pilot transfers from gas to electrics and the solar panels that will be installed on the wings and fins. The next generation of the 767, 777, 787 and the upcoming 797 will feature it.

Lamborghini and Ferrari are right now developing roadgoing hybrid production supercars. On Lamborghini, the Murcielago replacement set to debut at The Mondial de l'Automobile in Paris this October will be a 700bhp V12 topping at 220mph and will cost $300,000 that will get 32mpg. Ferrari will launch a hybrid based on the current 599 GTB Fiorano that is slated to get at least 25mpg to launch by 2013/2014. Daimler, AG of Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, smart fame recently bought a 10% stake in Tesla Motors to even advance the current battery tech. GM will release the Chevrolet Volt for 2011 this October. The new Escalade-Yukon-Tahoe set for a 2014 launch will be considerably smaller. Think the 2010 GMC Terrain. The Corvette C7 due 2013 will feature a 450bhp V8 that will feature the Chrysler/GM Multi Displacement System that will only run on a 300 hp 4 Cylinder when engaged Ford will downsize its multimillion selling Explorer that will go on sale in the fall and is no bigger then the current Flex. Think 1992 - 1998 Explorer for size comparo.

Kenworth, Peterbilt, International/Osh Kosh, Western Star, DAF, MAN are all currently at work on a non petrol powered commercial vehicle which should see showrooms by the 2014-2016 timeframe. More to follow on that.

All companies mentioned are moving towards getting us off of oil once and for all and are rapidly advancing its tech capabilities to ensure it happens. Trillions upon trillions are being spent. No lobbying force on the planet can and will stop this.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

join