It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of the World and What to do about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
NOTHING, yes that�s right nothing.

The world will end, when it ends, and nothing you can do say or ask will stop it.
Instead of worrying about something you can do nothing about, instead of propagating nonsense theories, instead of wondering what to do lets focus on what�s important. -- The human race-- lets worry about that child who hasn't eaten in a week, lets worry about your partner, who hasn't had a thank you from anyone for all their hard work, take care of whomever is next to you, tell them how important they are to you, reach out to that elderly person crossing the street, and offer your hand, smile at the person you see every day on the sidewalk, or in your car while going to work, make the world realize that we are all not a bunch of mindless killers, that we still care, and we still want to love those who will let us. The rest will sort its self out without any ones help.
Make the changes that you are capable of, that you can partake in, and perhaps you will see that no matter the fate of the world, WE as human beings are here and have no where to go. Yes there will always be people who hate, who fear, who instill hatred and chaos, but that should not determine how we treat each other.
When we realize that we are stuck on this rock hurtling through space, then perhaps we will learn to work together and perhaps one day we can join hands and say;
We did it.
It won't be easy, nothing grand is. But not trying at all is even worse.

As a friend of mine once said;

Can you imagine me settling into a human body?

Oh, it would be a grand one! Not just any body! Only a gorgeous body, with all the bells and whistles that really count. Capable of BIG dreams to remind me of what I'm capable of, and the strength to spin the world in the palm of my hand.

That's why I picked yours, and a few others.

If you knew of the power you possessed, at this very moment, you'd cry, and cry, and cry. And then, feel light as a feather.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Amen! There is absolutely nothing you can do about the end of the world... that's why it's the end of the world. Just hang tight onto your loved ones and hope it comes quickly.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The world, actually the whole universe, is going to end as we know it now. But it is going to be remade and we can be part of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
THE WORLD WILL END ON AUGUST 1ST 2004!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator
Amen! There is absolutely nothing you can do about the end of the world... that's why it's the end of the world. Just hang tight onto your loved ones and hope it comes quickly.

you forgot painlessly

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hmm how many times has the end of the world come and gone heh...
I say Embrace the Inevitable! If it happens, make sure you've got a bottle of Gibsons Rum and a few dozen bottles of Coke

top topics

join