It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the seas run red with blood..an interesting thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers,

It has been quite a while since I posted up a new topic, but after reading about this I just had to hear your opinions.

I realize that doom and gloom threads are often looked down upon on this site so I want to state that this is not really a prophecy or prediction on my part, just an interesting idea or interpretation concerning one of the oldest predictions we have on record.

One of the signs of the end of days, if I recall correctly, described the seas running red with blood. Now I personally have seen many movies (some of which are based upon the very subject of the signs) interpreting this both literally, and also in creative interpretive ways, such as explaining that it could happen if say there were an over population of red algae that made the seas look like they are running with blood.

One interpretation, that I have not personally heard anywhere else, would be very relevant to our current time and events.

Consider this, what if by blood, the prophecy meant our nations life blood..(OIL)

The sea is certainly running with it..and when I read this it sent a shiver up my spine.

dvice.com...

If we were truly to nuke the oil spill and that oil caught fire..you could bet your life that the sea would run red with blood. America's life blood on fire that is.

Tell me what you think about this. I will be busy at work today so I will not be able to interject as much as I would like. Any ideas are welcome.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Or is it just the nation that goes after that prediction.. And therefor have a reason to nuke it. And then, ooops, it goes totally wrong, and kills alot of ppl. And then blames it on the description of the "red blood in the sea"

But interesting non the less. I like your idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I thought I would link to this thread as I feel it is very relevant to the theme of this thread. Again please give me any input or opinion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
inapcache.boston.com...

An example of a controlled burn on some of the oil in the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I was not aware of the prophecy, but the BP event does look like blood!

One thing is certain, we are living at a time in history where we will either wake up or perish.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by antar]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Revelation (8:8-11) Second Trumpet: The Seas Struck

8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Third Trumpet: The Waters Struck

10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

I can see where you're coming from but this can't be referring to the BP disaster. In order for that to be the case, the first trumpet must have already sound.

Revelation 8:7 First Trumpet: Vegetation Struck

7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

And the trumpets follow the opening of the 7 scrolls, which are pretty bad in themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Now wait a minute...
a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.

If you lived over 2500 years ago, you just may see the huge oil derricks out in the ocean as a mountain...

Also if the spill continues and if we find the whole CT side to it real, 1/3 of the ocean dying is probably going to happen.

Did you mean that you thought as a Christian you would have heard the trumpet? Literal trumpet?

Steven Quayle and others like him WILL BE the trumpet, blowing their horns loudly, question is who really will listen?

7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

When I first heard about the potential for this disaster I thought about the prevailing winds coming from the gulf to me here in the Mid West and what that meant for the crops and gardens, if the oceans become aflame and that sends the toxic effects my way through the clouds and rain.

It is not so far fetched an idea that this could cause crop failure like we have never seen before.

What if this sends poisonous/flammable /toxic clouds throughout this entire country and those adjoining us?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You're right, I didn't mean a literal trumpet. These events should happen in order though. Example, the third trumpet event could not cause the second event but the second could lead to the third.

Also, the sixth seal event must have had already took place.

Revelation 7:12-17 Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.

13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.

15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains,

16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

BP may be somewhat of a foreshadow of what may happen in the future, I believe.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artanis667
Revelation (8:8-11) Second Trumpet: The Seas Struck

8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Third Trumpet: The Waters Struck

10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

I can see where you're coming from but this can't be referring to the BP disaster. In order for that to be the case, the first trumpet must have already sound.

And the trumpets follow the opening of the 7 scrolls, which are pretty bad in themselves.

It would not make sense if you took the prophecy literally..but think about it this way. We are not taking the second trumpet literally (oil) being the blood in this particular case. So why should we take the others literally? I feel that they can be interpreted symbolically..What if the first angels trumpet refers to our current economic crisis..a third of the worlds's trees and green grass could refer to our governments current form of monetary wealth. (Paper bills)

what do you think about this?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captinofcats

It would not make sense if you took the prophecy literally..but think about it this way. We are not taking the second trumpet literally (oil) being the blood in this particular case. So why should we take the others literally? I feel that they can be interpreted symbolically..What if the first angels trumpet refers to our current economic crisis..a third of the worlds's trees and green grass could refer to our governments current form of monetary wealth. (Paper bills)

what do you think about this?
I think equating blood to oil (also being the remains of past vegetation / animal life) makes more sense than vegetation, trees and grass to the monetary system. In that type of analogy, we could be talking about a hacker who eliminates billions if not trillions of the banks money.

Although what BP has done may change the face of the planet for a time, I don't believe it quite equates to the second trumpet event.

What do you think of the later bowl judgments?

Revelation 16:2-6 First Bowl: Loathsome Sores

2 So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.

Second Bowl: The Sea Turns to Blood

3 Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.

Third Bowl: The Waters Turn to Blood

4 Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying:

“ You are righteous, O Lord,
The One who is and who was and who is to be,
Because You have judged these things.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
And You have given them blood to drink.
For it is their just due.”

I think the most significant thing here is comparing oil with blood. Quite a possibility. But we can't look at them without the context of order. Seals being first, then trumpets and last bowls. We know the bowl events cannot be taking place as the first targets those who follow the coming world leader.

But, i'll say perhaps the first event is talking about money and the oil spill is the second. That leaves the third to come next, which may be chemicals, the worst part of the BP spill, absorbed into clouds and rained into streams, or an actual meteor event that ruins a lot of our water.

Assume its the rain from the toxic gulf. Next would be the fourth trumpet event that I don't think can be interpreted many ways.

Fourth Trumpet: The Heavens Struck

12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.

13 And I looked, and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

If some sort of cosmic event happens like this any time soon, I'd say you're onto something. But as far as I know, there's a substantial amount of prophecy in between that has not happened yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The SEA/WATERS is translated to people of the world

Rev 17:15

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Just had to show you this latest from OKC, the waters do look like blood here too, it would be interpreted as the streets running with blood...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

That makes sense to me as I see all of this, us, as an organic unity.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
The SEA/WATERS is translated to people of the world

Rev 17:15

Above that
Revelation 17:1-2
The Scarlet Woman and the Scarlet Beast

1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me,
“Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,
2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”

Revelation 17:15
15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.

This was part of the vision of the Harlot of Babylon

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Some great thoughts on this so far! I agree with you Artanis, on this :

"I think equating blood to oil (also being the remains of past vegetation / animal life) makes more sense than vegetation, trees and grass to the monetary system. In that type of analogy, we could be talking about a hacker who eliminates billions if not trillions of the banks money."

I was merely using the trees/green grass - money example to illustrate how I feel we should think about some of these quotes. It seems nearly impossible for people to predict exactly what will occur in relevance to these verses. It is always much easier to fit an event which has already happened into a prophesy, and much more difficult to piece together a pattern (if there is any at all) using current relevant events. This is what I am trying to do and I very much appreciate everyone's input thus far.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If the people are the waters where the harlot sits, then the harlot must be the system the people follow and the kings and merchants get rich from. They fornicate and cheat to get ahead. It sound a lot like our financial and government structures.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Um....crap.

"The Hopis mark the end of the 4th world as a purge by fire (cf. Edgar Cayce above). The end of the fourth world (called Tuwaqachi by the Hopi) is described thus (see Book Of The Hopi, by Frank Waters). Eventually a gourd full of ashes would be invented, which if dropped from the sky would boil the oceans and burn the land causing nothing to grow for many years (atomic bomb). This would be the sign for a certain Hopi to bring out his teachings in order to warn the world that the third and final event would happen soon. That it could bring an end to all life unless people correct themselves and their leaders in time.

The final stage, called "The great day of Purification", has been described as a "Mystery Egg" in which the forces of the swastika and the Sun plus a third force symbolized by the color "red" culminate either in total rebirth or total annihilation, we don't know which. But the choice is yours, war and natural catastrophe may be involved. The degree of violence will be determined by the degree of inequity caused among the peoples of the world and in the balance of nature. In this crisis rich and poor will be forced to struggle as equals in order to survive.

Some markers and signs: Before the time of the great Purification, they will make metal roads for iron horses and hang metal ropes in the air. (pre-Colombian Hopi prophecy) First they will bring back pieces of the Moon which will upset the balance and unleash disastrous forces. (ibidem) Near the day of the Great Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky through which 'people will walk' . (ibidem) The Purification will begin shortly after humans build a great house in the sky (MIR and/ or new European/US space station?). By then there will be fires everywhere and greedy, selfish, power-mad leaders, internal wars. (ibidem)

Source: www.angelfire.com..."

The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease. "

www.welcomehome.org...

Oceans turning to blood or turning black....that's not good.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

If the people are the waters where the harlot sits, then the harlot must be the system the people follow and the kings and merchants get rich from. They fornicate and cheat to get ahead. It sound a lot like our financial and government structures.
It is very much like it, this structure specifically, includes the united kings of the Earth.

Really the only distinction I was making here is that this water is part of a very symbolic vision, where as the vision of the sea water turning to blood was more literal, understood as is. No angel had to explain what the vision was. The ocean that turns to blood in the second bowl event kills all living sea life. Just making the distinction between that water and the water symbolizing people.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you were the progressives/NWO/TPTB running things attempting to shift America's (the world's) energy resources to renewables, like say algae biofuel, you would need two concurrent plans:

1) This -> post by JauntyFlannigan

And then...

2) Begin turning America's wetlands and navigable waterways into renewable energy algae blooms or biomass crops.

The dispersant being used on the oil in the Gulf, COREXIT, happens to be a great catalyst for bacteria and algae. It's based on urea. Google "ocean urea dumping"

Now you have the beginnings of a great algae soup in the Gulf which will create massive "red tide" (blood) algae blooms, and will spread with minimal effort via the loop current to other open ocean waters. You've also solved a possible debt problem with China in the process.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by JauntyFlannigan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captinofcats
Some great thoughts on this so far! I agree with you Artanis, on this :

"I think equating blood to oil (also being the remains of past vegetation / animal life) makes more sense than vegetation, trees and grass to the monetary system. In that type of analogy, we could be talking about a hacker who eliminates billions if not trillions of the banks money."

I was merely using the trees/green grass - money example to illustrate how I feel we should think about some of these quotes. It seems nearly impossible for people to predict exactly what will occur in relevance to these verses. It is always much easier to fit an event which has already happened into a prophesy, and much more difficult to piece together a pattern (if there is any at all) using current relevant events. This is what I am trying to do and I very much appreciate everyone's input thus far.

I can see that and thanks, I guess the point i'm getting at is that I think your noting of the oil spill looking like blood is a good one. Very possible that will be the case, but as far as biblical revelations are concerned, its a little too early for this to be part of the judgment of God.

top topics

join