It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Twister hits Lennox Head"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A DESTRUCTIVE waterspout has reportedly crossed the coast at Lennox Head, causing damage in the surfing resort town. Buildings have been destroyed and power lines brought down, while police say more people may have been hurt when what has been described as a mini-tornado hit the town about 7.30am. At least one person is missing and a mother and daughter have been taken to hospital after being hit by flying debris, media reports say.

Article here

I'll add some photos and more links when i can find them

Edit: Found an article with some pictures from Sydney Morning Herald's website HERE

Few Updates: 12 Homes destroyed - Caravans turned over - Power lines are down & 4 people have been rescued.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Bkaust.....

I was just thinking about posting about that!

It was quite a storm!

There's currently plenty of talk on Sydney TV & radio about this.

Here's the Sydney Morning Herald article:

www.smh.com.au...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been parked in front of the Morning show all morning and they are doing regular updates, no word still on the missing person, They have urged all people with Injuries to go to the Lennox head bowls club too.

I know it might not seem much to the US ATS members, but it seems like it was a pretty random storm for us over here! localised damage, but it sure left it's mark! I'm sure they will do some more updates on the 11:30 news coming up soon. Hopefully we can get some more pictures as the day progresses!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I actually live about half an hour from Lennox Head and you would not have known that was happening at the time, here anyway.

There was a violent thunderstorm for about 6 hours, from midnight until about 6 am, and then it started to clear up.

Those twisters must have come in off the water, I've seen them just south of Lennox Head before - at Ballina.

From memory, the footage takes place about 20-30 metres from the beach.

My parents used to have a van at the Lake Ainsworth Caravan Park, I know the park was hit, I doubt it would have survived as it was underneath huge trees.

I rang my friend who still lives there and they were all OK.

Freaky!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
I actually live about half an hour from Lennox Head and you would not have known that was happening at the time, here anyway.

There was a violent thunderstorm for about 6 hours, from midnight until about 6 am, and then it started to clear up.

Those twisters must have come in off the water, I've seen them just south of Lennox Head before - at Ballina.

From memory, the footage takes place about 20-30 metres from the beach.

My parents used to have a van at the Lake Ainsworth Caravan Park, I know the park was hit, I doubt it would have survived as it was underneath huge trees.

I rang my friend who still lives there and they were all OK.

Freaky!!!!

That's good you're friends are ok

Yeah, they were reporting that it was two waterspouts that formed in the water, then joined up to cross over onto land.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I actually just saw the TV news.

Looks like I was right, my folks' old caravan was totalled. I hope no-one was inside at the time. I remember the couple they sold it to... one was wheelchair bound.

They said the van park copped the worst of it.

But from what I've seen of these twisters in the US, its the always the trailer parks that get blown away, so it should not be such a surprise.

[edit on 3/6/1010 by Krusty the Klown]

new topics

top topics

join