It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market Crash Dead Ahead...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There are several signs that the average person probably does not watch or does not even know about that are quite telling of what is to come in the markets...

This article explains it in very plain and simple terms.

I want to stress from the outset, however, that this is more than a mere forecast. It’s a solemn warning:

The U.S. stock market is showing the kind of extreme volatility and severe strains that typically precede major implosions.

There is very little time left to get your money to safety. The collapse could come at literally any moment now.

If you ignore this warning, you do so at your own peril. The price for allowing temporary rallies to lull you into a false sense of security could be severe and could result in massive losses.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From your source.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I will show you how you could turn this impending disaster into a veritable profit bonanza.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me after reading that I doubt his motive.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I said this on other threads
and was ridiculed.

Maybe u'll have better luck
than I

course my words didn't come
with a con attached .... lol

[edit on 2-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
From your source.
And I will show you how you could turn this impending disaster into a veritable profit bonanza.

To me after reading that I doubt his motive.

LOL, it always a catch toward to "warning".

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Mike Larson = One of the 20 Million so called "Experts" on equities

*yawn*

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Way to judge a book by it's cover so to speak. However whatever suits your fancy. Matters not to me how you take what this author says.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Apparently another person to judge with out actually reading the content. Ironically your post made me yawn.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

If I quoted the source then I obviously read the article...I don't see what you see.
I agree a crash might be coming but will not take the source as seriously as you do.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

From this guy's website

The U.S. stock market is showing the kind of extreme volatility and severe strains that typically precede major implosions.

Volatility is down more than 12% I believe today as of this moment

Markets are up right now over 2.5% on the day

There is very little time left to get your money to safety. The collapse could come at literally any moment now.

Little time left? How so.. please explain

If you ignore this warning, you do so at your own peril. The price for allowing temporary rallies to lull you into a false sense of security could be severe and could result in massive losses.

Yes, if we would have followed "Money Mike's" advice this morning we would have lost 4% + of total net worth. By missing the upside and then shorting into a 2.5% plus rally.

As I am a fan of Bender as well I really can't lay into you. But there are 100 of these "experts" on every street corner of the internet.

Best advice is to ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

There will be a time where we will crash again. And there will be a time that we will hit all time new highs again. But calling for impending disaster is never the right approach. That wreaks of misconception and nefarious alter motives.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Anyway you look at it the stock market will crash eventually ,and there will eventually be a major ''T'' attack which will send the whole world into shock and make 9/11 look like nothing

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bronto

So... you go broke in-between these events during a bull market and then are overjoyed after you have been margin called, broke and penny less when the market decides to finally turn over again?

Search the internet for something called dollar cost averaging. Mathematically the only way 99.995% of investors should trade. But 99.995% of investors also think they are smarter than the market.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just cannot see 'using' market history data/graphs to determine what the market will do in our immediate future...

theres been the introduction of the PPT (plunge-protection-team)...
there is the added dimension of rampant naked-shorting! by almost everyone...

theres the added dimension of the authority/status/ market manipulations by the TBTF(too-big-to-fail) banks/brokerages...
the front trading by market makers like Goldman (et al)

ALL given excessive cash through the 'bail-out' and numberous 'facilities/windows' graciously provided by the FED to their lesser elites in the finance/bank industries

...and numberous 'Insider' maneuvers... which were done on a very-much lower scale than these financial frankenstines are presently/brazenly doing now (circa 2007-to-present)

IOW, theres no base-line to project from!
the monied maniacs have control of the Asylum !

you/we/myself are trying to be 'baffled-by-B.S.' by the Fed/Treas/Corporate juggernaut... and left to hang out in the wind to dry-out

[edit on 2-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I am not sure how you are gauging volatility. However even with all the backroom engineering via Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve, etc., we are still capable of the of the "Flash Crash" as well the DJIA has yet to go much higher than right under 11k as predicted by several insiders. There are fluctuations of several hundreds points up and down on a daily basis. To me in a given amount of time that is quite volatile given a two or three day spread you can swing back and forth several hundred points with no real gain in any kind of long term measurement.

I thought this article explained it quite well. He summed it quite nicely with the following:

These debt crisis warnings tipped us off to the Dow’s 7000-point-plus collapse in 2007-2009 ... Now, they’re warning of an equally massive bloodletting directly ahead!

Yes, if we would have followed "Money Mike's" advice this morning we would have lost 4% + of total net worth. By missing the upside and then shorting into a 2.5% plus rally.

That reminds me of when my ex-girlfriend would talk about how much money she would save if she bought a whole ton of crap during a sale.

That is to say your statement is a very myopic point of view for anyone but the day trader. You and I and this article are looking at different time lines here.

As I am a fan of Bender as well I really can't lay into you.

Well I am not really concerned about anyone laying into me much less you. So if you feel you did me a favor then I will thank you as a courtesy. That being said, I am pleased we at least have a mutual agreement on our view of Bender.

But there are 100 of these "experts" on every street corner of the internet.

Indeed, however this particular article also shows what tools he used to draw his conclusions.

Again we seem to be in agreement here and I said earlier, this particular article has shared some seemingly obvious indicators as to what is to come.

There will be a time where we will crash again. And there will be a time that we will hit all time new highs again. But calling for impending disaster is never the right approach. That wreaks of misconception and nefarious alter motives.

I happen to think quite the opposite, that is, there are still descent human beings out there giving warning of what is to come.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

I am not sure how you are gauging volatility. However even with all the backroom engineering via Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve, etc., we are still capable of the of the "Flash Crash" as well the DJIA has yet to go much higher than right under 11k as predicted by several insiders. There are fluctuations of several hundreds points up and down on a daily basis. To me in a given amount of time that is quite volatile given a two or three day spread you can swing back and forth several hundred points with no real gain in any kind of long term measurement.

I thought this article explained it quite well. He summed it quite nicely with the following:

These debt crisis warnings tipped us off to the Dow’s 7000-point-plus collapse in 2007-2009 ... Now, they’re warning of an equally massive bloodletting directly ahead!

That reminds me of when my ex-girlfriend would talk about how much money she would save if she bought a whole ton of crap during a sale.

That is to say your statement is a very myopic point of view for anyone but the day trader. You and I and this article are looking at different time lines here.

As I am a fan of Bender as well I really can't lay into you.

Well I am not really concerned about anyone laying into me much less you. So if you feel you did me a favor then I will thank you as a courtesy. That being said, I am pleased we at least have a mutual agreement on our view of Bender.

But there are 100 of these "experts" on every street corner of the internet.

Indeed, however this particular article also shows what tools he used to draw his conclusions.

Again we seem to be in agreement here and I said earlier, this particular article has shared some seemingly obvious indicators as to what is to come.

I happen to think quite the opposite, that is, there are still descent human beings out there giving warning of what is to come.

Answer to your first question is the VIX = Volatility Index. It actually finished almost down 18% today in fact if you are judging it by the SP500.

The flash crash was no mistake, no doubt. If you go to the market thread I have fully detailed this by a 75,000 equi-volume chart of the Sp500 Futures. If you are familiar with what happened that day and what was said in the media it might interest you.

The reason this all happened though (Flash Crash) was a drainage of liquidity via liquidity providers (HFT). That is why we need HFT, they help more than hurt contrary to popular belief.

There was simply no liquidity anywhere in the market. I have also detailed this with 5x5 on the bid/ask for the sp500 futures that day as well right around the same post if you are interested. Although it is probably back now about 50+ pages.

I think if we get back over 1125 or so on the SP500 I would put more money to work, but this is an average correction in a bull market. This is how retail gets suckered into selling into corrections and not selling into bear markets.

The stock market, derivatives etc., they are all a snake pit. You gotta be on your toes 24/7. And it takes that legitimately if you want to be in this profession.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Sorry to brust your cheering of the markets, but the markets are rigged,

Rigged,

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

www.google.com...

Euro Is only up for a while, until it crashes down, i dont why everyone is cheering for the euro to survive but its a waste.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

So again i fail to see how they can spin the fake positive.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

OK,

You got me. Jigs up.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've heard a similar advice from subscription I have on investing in inverse ETFs.. When the stock market goes down, they go up.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

link

Careful, you will suffer decay with most of these for > 1 trading day. Some of these hypothetically should all end up at 0 as well over a long enough time period. I have read some weird things but not fully researched it myself enough to comment any further.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, my main man GreenBicMan, always enjoy your posts.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He's right you know, just look at the signs......

"Oh No... Banana Splits Are Coming Back!
God help us all. Warner Bros. has decided to bring back the single most frightening children's show that was ever made—The Banana Splits. That's the Hanna-Barbera psychedelic Saturday morning mind-f$%k that scrambled the brains of innocent youngsters starting in the late 1960s and continued to terrorize for more than a decade before some angel of mercy finally pulled its evil plug. It was created by hippie Satanists with the aim of building an army of plushy zombie warriors and it damned well nearly accomplished its task. And now some madman is bent on bringing it back? Stop them! Won't someone please, please think of the children?!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join