It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope denounces Israel 'violence'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Pope denounces Israel 'violence'

www.presstv.ir

Amid an international outcry provoked by Israel's deadly attack on a Gaza-bound Flotilla, Pope Benedict XVI says Gazans should have better life conditions.

The Pope on Wednesday said attacks such as one on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla, which killed at least 20 international activists and injured hundreds others, would not resolve disputes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel Sure 'Global Jihad' Links On Boats
UN envoy: Prosecute Israelis behind Gaza flotilla deaths
The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

"Once again I repeat with heartfelt spirit that violence does not resolve disputes, but generates more violence," the pontiff said, according to DPA. "I invite you all to join me in prayer for the victims and their families and for all those who suffer."

The coastal sliver has been under a tight Israeli blockade since 2007. The deteriorating life conditions in Gaza took a new level after Israel's 22-day long military offensive against the strip in 2008, which left at least 1,400 Palestinians dead.

Benedict, meanwhile, urged those "with political responsibility," to find "just solutions through dialogue," and to guarantee the people of the Gaza Strip better life conditions.

The Vatican has repeatedly denounced worsening economic conditions in the Palestinian territories, saying they are also contributing to an exodus of Christians from the area.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, there you have it, if indeed this is true. Even the pope is saying this shouldn't have happened. If it was a boat full of "terrorists" as Israel is suggesting, then I'm sure the pope wouldn't be referring to them as "victims".

--airspoon

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
One thumbs up in a series of thumbs down for the Pope and the catholic church. Glad someone had the balls to say it. Fox and CNN made me rage quit and turn the channel. MSNBC sorta hinted that the IDF was at fault. Now the Pope says it, maybe more people will listen.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
WOW ! the corrupt and ultra-violent Catholic Church denounces violence ???

who would have ever thought ?? maybe they should denounce themselves first before pointing fingers.

AG

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
WOW ! the corrupt and ultra-violent Catholic Church denounces violence ???

who would have ever thought ?? maybe they should denounce themselves first before pointing fingers.

AG

lol I agree, why would I care what a guy says who turns a blind eye to child molesters? He is just happy that they get to not be in the news for how corrupt they are and maybe forget about all the death that surrounds the church.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't see this as bad, at all. Sure the Catholic Church has it's own problems and I could care less what the Pope thinks, however many people obviously do. This just may open Christian eyes and get them to realize what is going on in Israel. Maybe, just maybe this will get Americans to research what their hard-earned tax-dollars on being used on, even as Americans are losing their homes and having hard times feeding their children. Who wants to be arming Israel when we could be using that money to fix our own infrastructure? Who wants to be arming Israel when we could be keeping our own money to pay for food and housing? Even the most illogical Israel apologist can sympathize with that.

--airspoon

top topics

join