It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Rider UFO Scene

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I did a search but came up with nothing so here goes:

I was just checking the latest news UFO wise and with the sad passing of Dennis Hopper:

www.aolnews.com...

In that link it says that Dennis Hopper left a legacy to UFO researchers with his scene in Easy Rider where they discuss UFO's after partaking in a little smoke of the waccy baccy. I have never actually seen the film but was amazed at the scene that's embedded in the above article where Jack Nicholson (Mesmerizing to watch as usual) tells Dennis Hopper that aliens have been on earth since 1946 and walk among us. It's a brilliant scene to watch.

Dennis Hopper scoffs at what Jack Nicholson is saying by asking why doesn't the government disclose to the public about their presence and Jack replies that their would be panic.

It's just really interesting that they would put this in the movie, i find it fascinating to watch. I just wonder why it was put in there. My thinking is perhaps the director had an interest in the subject at the time or because the actors were so out of it it was maybe improvised.

October

[edit on 2/6/10 by October]

[edit on 2/6/10 by October]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Someone told me they just made everything up as they went and there was no script to that movie.
If so...

Great movie and worth a watch.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's very cool.

I don't recall that scene from the movie, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Cool.

Thanks.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by earth2]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well Duh.
The Illuminati make the movies and hold the Tesla saucer UFOs
and promote drugs so you can't figure it out.

posted in one of the comments

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I know, they say that Nicholson was told to say that for so called disclosure, which is a bit of a sore point here at the moment! it would be interesting to see how it came about

October

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've never seen this movie. Interesting clip.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
LOVE easy Rider, and yes.... love that scene man..

There's also a scene in Richard Linklater's movie Slacker with a guy who goes off about us being on Mars since 62 and all kinds of conspiracy stuff.

There's also the guy who's obsessed with the JFK assassination....

All in all a fantastic movie.

LOL

Found the clip.

[edit on 2/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That's amazing i have never seen Slacker, it makes me feel like that's the kind of person i am, the moment someone gives me an opening i'm following him across the street spouting theories!

October

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by October

i find it fascinating to watch. I just wonder why it was put in there.

Um, maybe because that is the type of stuff that people talked about when they got high? They were trying to depict a typical scene, all heavy and such. To try to read into it that there is some sort of secret cabal controlling the measured release of this to the public, in an effort to prepare us for "disclosure" is ignorance, plain and simple. right?

Do I have to go through every movie now with an alien/ufo reference and try to tie it into some ignorant internet conspiracy now? That could keep me busy for days, lol.

This reminds me of the Energizer Bunny thread, where someone was saying that the alien commercial was more than meets the eye, lol. Ignorance, deny it...don't embrace it or try to trick others into embracing it through a flawed and illogical thought process.

Please, for the love of all things logical and reasonable, try to understand Hollywood's relationship with Pop Culture, combine that with capitalism and you may find a more reasonable answer to the questions you seek.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by October

The whole movie is like chats between ATS members.... It's an amazing film mate.... Most of Linklaters films are fantastic.

Particularly Slacker, Waking Life and Dazed and confused.

The whole slacker movie can be watched here (or downloaded
) in DVD quality.

www.youtube.com...

It's the full movie, not parts as most are on youtube...

Download via download helper on mozilla or something similar

[edit on 2/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OctoberIt's just really interesting that they would put this in the movie, i find it fascinating to watch. I just wonder why it was put in there. My thinking is perhaps the director had an interest in the subject at the time or because the actors were so out of it it was maybe improvised.

Hopper was the Director of "Easy Rider," and he co-wrote it with his co-star Peter Fonda (along with Terry Southern).

[edit on 6/2/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I'm not "Seeking" anything. I'm not trying to dissect a movie clip and seek the why's and where for's IgnoreTheFacts. YOU don't have to go through anything you don't want to, i'm not asking you to do anything. If your going to contribute do something different for a change and don't just pop in and bless me with your negatives. Lifes far too short for that.

I didn't start this thread searching for droplets of disclosure in a film scene, give me just a small break will you? You contribute absolutely nothing.

October

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Those who didn't see it should be ashamed!!!
I own a dvd with a bonus audio track in which Dennis Hopper comments every scene. They had no script, it's all small talk.

Pleae do yourself a favor and watch one of the best movies ever made, life will never be the same!!!
Even if you have seen it 30 times like me!

BTW From the same director there is another great movie with a message that complies with the opinion of many members here at ATS. I've seen it at least a hundred times.

WATCH IT TOO!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Some pop music and drugs and violence and you got a movie.
It was the footprint for all modern day flicks.
Hey wait.
The music.
Just look at the roll of all the titles put into the movies.
One Illuminati hand rubs the other.
Cozy operation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Please watch Vanishing Point and Easy Rider, especially Vanishing Point before you comment again. I'm quite sure that it is the opposite.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Please watch Vanishing Point and Easy Rider, especially Vanishing Point before you comment again. I'm quite sure that it is the opposite.

Vanishing Point?
I saw Rider.
ED:
Google Vanishing Point
Google Easy Rider

I do not think they list the songs.
Perhaps imdb will some day.

1969 to 1971 perhaps I skipped the movies after thinking
Easy Riser was a music rip off.
Guess I didn't care for the new wave in movies.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i know the secret of the ufo and where they are from.
they are from here on earth. the book of enoch tells about them.
somwhere in the futhure from now. time travel was found. but they caN only go in the past. and back. because the futhure is not there yet. they can travel in only years spent.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by October

I sympathize with you October. I have also encountered members who post nothing of substance and instead visit a thread simply to post negative, and usually irrelevant comments.

Isn't that fun? Anyone reading this thread does not have to post if they don't want to. The OP isn't forcing anyone to read or post here.

If you do post, wouldn't it be nice to contribute something of substance for a change? Something actually relevant to the OP?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by October

S&F for fun post and poignant in the recent loss of Hopper.

About 10 years ago I finally got around to seeing "Cool Hand Luke" and was surprised to see Hopper in there--very young--scooting around and quacking like a duck.

He was terrifying in Blue Velvet and Paris Trout, endearing in True Romance and of course brilliant in Hoosiers. His stuff goes back to the 50s, with Giant. Great at playing eccentrics, weirdos and socio/psychopaths.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join