It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effort to contain Gulf oil stalls with stuck saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Effort to contain Gulf oil stalls with stuck saw

news.yahoo.com

PORT FOURCHON, La. – As the crude crept closer to Florida, the risky effort to contain the nation's worst oil spill hit a snag Wednesday when a diamond-edged saw became stuck in a thick pipe on a blown-out well at the bottom of the Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BP clueless on stopping spill. Distracting us from the actual damage is working though.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just when we did not think the oil leakstory cold get any worse. I think alot of people have been so distracted by the crap going on in Israel, that there has been less attention focused on the oil leak. Now that the Israel situation has thawed, its time to snap back to the oil leak, where the pipe saw just got stuck. Wonderful- what else could go wrong with this disaster of epic proportions?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Wonderful- what else could go wrong with this disaster of epic proportions?

A category 5 hurricane.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx

Wonderful- what else could go wrong with this disaster of epic proportions?

A category 5 hurricane.

Yah, that would definately be icing on the cake. But for real, it seems like nothing is going right with this mess. I wonder why that is. Are the people working on this thing incompetent? Does the equipment suck? After all, how to you get a diamond drill stuck? Yah a hurricane would just be damning.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
LOL i concur..how does one get a diamond saw stuck.those things were designe dliterally to cut through anything!!! the hardest materials on earth. its stuck in a pipe?? sounds unpurpose

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a major mess! The Goverment say's it needs BP to do it because the gov doe's not have the people who can????? BS!!! The gov can get the bigest and best in the world if they want, What the hell is the problem? There is a bigger issue here! BP Bigger than the US goverment? Doe's BP really talk with the US goverment? who is in charge? Makes you wonder, I think BP want's what is in the oil reserve so that is why they are drilling the other 2 drill holes, what untill the leak has stopped, BP will be no were to be found and we will be stuck with the mess, pollution, death, what next? the gulf will be poisend for years to come.
ET Please help!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
LOL i concur..how does one get a diamond saw stuck.those things were designe dliterally to cut through anything!!! the hardest materials on earth. its stuck in a pipe?? sounds unpurpose

It doesn't matter how great your blade is if it gets wedged at an angle you will get it stuck. I would imagine that the pressure in the pipe pushed on the metal as it was being cut until it pushed into the saw blade.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Should'nt the guys who put the saw in there to begin with see that this could happen? I mean, seriously, does these guys think everything out, like what could go wrong, or are they just winging it?

top topics

join