It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's saw is stuck

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I just seen this on CNN and thought I would share.
BP has stopped cutting the riser pipe. They claim the saw has jammed.
Wow, what a surprise another failed attempt.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's a new picture of the leak.
I wonder how much oil is spewing out now.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

U know, I try so very hard every day to be the best person I can be. Hate is something that I try to remove from my existance. Kharma, kharma, kharma. Usually I do really well, knowing it only eats me up and it's energy poorly spent. But GD, I hate these effers.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course it is...nothing is going right with this disaster.

I'm really starting to question the intelligence of the oil industry.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What really confuses me is that while in MD I saw ppl filling their cars up with gas from BP??? What is up with that?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
...I'm really starting to question the intelligence of the oil industry.

...also the intelligence of our Government.
Their allowing all this to happen.

Originally posted by Demetre
What really confuses me is that while in MD I saw ppl filling their cars up with gas from BP??? What is up with that?

People are so blind to whats going on it makes me sick. Maybe we should picket BP shops. That may deter some people from buying their gas.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It doesn't take much to hang up a saw. If they were most of the way through a pipe and the pipe shifted, could do it.

This isn't a dig at the Truthers, but, if there ever was a need for the type of cutting charges that they claim were used on the Towers, this is it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It doesn't take much to hang up a saw. If they were most of the way through a pipe and the pipe shifted, could do it. ...

You would think they would take precautions so this wouldn't happen.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It doesn't take much to hang up a saw. If they were most of the way through a pipe and the pipe shifted, could do it. ...

You would think they would take precautions so this wouldn't happen.

They did, that is the reason they cut the long part of the riser off with the big pincher before they started with the cable saw.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yeah, that was one precaution they took.
There was nothing else they could do to stop it from jamming?
I think they should have used the second ROV to keep pressure off the blade, so it wouldn't bind up.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So no human can dive that low with the proper gear on to fix it manually, just a question and I know the water is toxic but there has got to be a way? Or even watch it close up with a mini sub. Now its spitting more oil into the sea great job, guess we got to wait for nature to fix this issue smh not a good look at all.

[edit on 6/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
Yeah, that was one precaution they took.
There was nothing else they could do to stop it from jamming?
I think they should have used the second ROV to keep pressure off the blade, so it wouldn't bind up.

they could have put shims behind the blade/cable in the gap of the cut and it would have kept it from binding. Probably not an easy task for those ROV hooks/hands.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So no human can dive that low with the proper gear on to fix it manually, just a question and I know the water is toxic but there has got to be a way? Or even watch it close up with a mini sub. Now its spitting more oil into the sea great job, guess we got to wait for nature to fix this issue smh not a good look at all.

[edit on 6/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

Deepest working dive in the gulf was 1,200 feet and this was extremely dangerous and difficult. There ave been deeper experimental "dives" in decompression chambers but the key word here is "working" dives.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It seems that BP, nor any other oil company for that matter, has actually planned or researched a way to manage a disaster like the deep water spill. It seems they are "winging it" with solutions thought up by some 5th grader.

The government should put a moratorium on all offshore drilling until the oil companies can demonstrate that they know how to contain any foreseeable disaster that could occur. We cannot afford to have the oil companies experiment with fixes during a disaster.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Probably not easy, but I doubt they even tried anything else, other than making the pipe shorter.

I totally agree with you hotpinkurinalmint.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here's some music for your thread mon.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Thanks, then it makes no sense to operate such structures if they cannot even have human maintenance makes no sense at all to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
The government should put a moratorium on all offshore drilling until the oil companies can demonstrate that they know how to contain any foreseeable disaster that could occur. We cannot afford to have the oil companies experiment with fixes during a disaster.

How about just letting them drill in shallower water? With the amount that the Government collects for allowing them to drill, why doesn't the Government have a plan for a fix? They do in every other type of industry.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe they don't want it fixed.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Just Wondering

Thanks, then it makes no sense to operate such structures if they cannot even have human maintenance makes no sense at all to me.

I agree, it is much easier to get the oil on land so therefore the guvmint meeds to allow more on land drilling. That is of course until molecularphd gets his hydrogen machine in stores!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join