It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military rejects calls to take control of oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

US military rejects calls to take control of oil spill

www.telegrap h.co.uk

The United States military does not have the technology or the know-how to deal with the devastating oil spill, its highest ranking military officer admitted on Monday night.

Admiral Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said they had no more tactics left in their arsenal following BP’s latest failure to plug the leak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I know this Israel thing is taking the spotlight as of late but lets not forget about this issue which is equally if not more serious. I'm not too sure if the military should be anywhere near this thing in anymore than a support role. Their specialty is killing things and blowing sh^t up so why are they even being asked to assume this burden unless the new plan is to drop a big conventional or nuclear bomb on this "leak" I sure hope not...

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Nasa has the skills to run the robots.

Maybe the could pump liquid oxygen into the pipe with the oil coming out of it and turn it into a rocket.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Obama has ordered a "tripling" of the number of people working on the cleanup.

Unfortunately, three times 0 is still 0.

Or, if we give BP the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe they have one guy with a shovel, they now have 3 guys with 1 shovel between them sitting around waiting for someone to tell them what to do. So now we're paying 3 times the amount for the same 0 cleanup. Way to go Obama.

What happened to the 12,000 National Guard troops that were supposed to be there for cleanup help promised last month?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow this is propaganda inside the propaganda....These people are ridiculous and the plans will fail...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's not their job to handle situations like this so it's no big surprise they aren't willing to shoulder this. BP you idiots, your on your own.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If I were a major commander of a military force, I would want to take this on either.

ANYTHING we, the people, or the federal government, or even the state government does now is on OUR dime.

BP has sovereign status, they simply will not COMPEL them to pay for the damage until BP says so.... go figure!

Of course if their were a guarantee that BP would pay the cost, we could go to town! At least we can mitigate SOME of the damage...

but BP is still 'safe' from that fate..... why?

Meanwhile BP's stock holders (the ones that matter) are moving OUT of BP's liability range..... perhaps BP will declare bankruptcy if enough people leave the investment pool..... um..... maybe that's what the delay is for.....

No risk investments for investors that matter...... why does that sound so reasonable?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I believe that the military was asked to get involved since it is their job to protect American citizens from harm, whether it be weapons, biological, or chemical assailants. The oil spill does threaten Americans, so it makes sense to a certain degree.

That being said, their inability to deal with such a situation doesn't surprise me. It does make me wonder how effective they would be in the event of a chemical or biological attack, although I can certainly see the difference between the two scenarios and perhaps they are not comparable.

It really, unfortunately, is left up to BP to solve. The role of the Federal government is more enforcement than actual action as well.

Now, if I was looking for how to get the military involved, I would imagine that the BP workers would better remain on task and focused if there were armed soldiers standing at attention ensuring they do....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT has been dumping oil into our oceans for years many years...Why?...To make a profit.
All this "oh my god this has never happened before" is bologna....This fraudulent governments propaganda in a nutshell.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The good extraterrestrials will help us... hopefully. Let's wait and see...
Sadly the US can't fly there with all their black projects...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
It's not their job to handle situations like this so it's no big surprise they aren't willing to shoulder this. BP you idiots, your on your own.

True. But, is it possible that "someone" is trying to lure or force US Army to use nuclear weapon and seal the destiny of the whole Gulf area.

Like - the "last option"?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I say give me a remotely controlled robot in real time, a lot of thick sheets of metal, a welder, a cute girl to work with, and people to monitor on opposite sides of me to let me know if something isnt going right. And you would have the problem fixed.

and yes I realize that it may not be possible to weld near the leaks but you can get LONG materials and weld them far back then weld in place that will continuously reduce the presuure until you can put something in place or whatever.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by Procession101

True. But, is it possible that "someone" is trying to lure or force US Army to use nuclear weapons and seal the destiny of the whole Gulf area.

Like - the "last option"?

Thats just frightening. The last thing we need is to do that and shower the southern United States in radiation. Lets hope TPTB have more sense then to do this.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Procession101]

new topics

top topics

join