It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to launch criminal probe of BP spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that federal authorities have opened criminal and civil investigations into the Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill.

Holder would not specify which companies or individuals might be the targets of the probe. He said federal clean air and pollution laws give him the power to open the investigations.

Federal agencies, including the FBI, are participating in the probe and "if we find evidence of illegal behavior, we will be forceful in our response," Holder told reporters after meeting with state and federal prosecutors in New Orleans.

In Washington, President Barack Obama vowed that if laws were broken in the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill, those responsible would be prosecuted and pledged changes to avert future disasters.

Obama, speaking to reporters in the Rose Garden after meeting the co-chairs of a new oil spill commission, said his administration was ready to step up government response to the spill, pledging to "triple the manpower" in the area.

"My solemn pledge is we will bring those responsible to justice," Obama said.

He also said energy giant BP would be held accountable for financial losses from what he called the "greatest environmental disaster of its kind in our history."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now I'm usually not real big on biblical references, but here....."let him without sin cast the first stone."
Is Obama going to bring George Bush and the Republicans up on charges? For way too long the US Federal Government has allowed the oil companies to operate without fully observing regulations, rules and procedures.

As I have stated and shown before, this was a huge part in why there was a blowout here with no safety net. BP, Haliburton, the US Government and many others are responsible. It's gonna be really hard to single out someone without being very hypocritical.

It's all a cover and something to make people think something is really being done. But it is akin to passing out umbrellas to homeless people in the middle of a hurricane.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
like I said in the other thread, this is about as good as the 9/11 investigation. Its only to get people like you and me to shut up and in the end whill do nothing. When we let fake entities "BP" take the blame then we get fake results.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I had this all up and ready to post, and then lost my internet for 30 minutes.
Now someone beat me to it.

TPTB don't want me to post on here any more apparently.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it. The end result is they will claim that, their investigation showed that BP was in no way at fault. Corporations have way too much power in this country. I would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

top topics

join