It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
www.counterpunch.org...

July 21, 2009
Israel's Internet War

By JONATHAN COOK

in Nazareth.

The passionate support for Israel expressed on talkback sections of websites, internet chat forums, blogs, Twitters and Facebook may not be all that it seems.

Israel’s foreign ministry is reported to be establishing a special undercover team of paid workers whose job it will be to surf the internet 24 hours a day spreading positive news about Israel.

Internet-savvy Israeli youngsters, mainly recent graduates and demobilised soldiers with language skills, are being recruited to pose as ordinary surfers while they provide the government’s line on the Middle East conflict.

“To all intents and purposes the internet is a theatre in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and we must be active in that theatre, otherwise we will lose,” said Ilan Shturman, who is responsible for the project.

The existence of an “internet warfare team” came to light when it was included in this year’s foreign ministry budget. About $150,000 has been set aside for the first stage of development, with increased funding expected next year.

The team will fall under the authority of a large department already dealing with what Israelis term “hasbara”, officially translated as “public explanation” but more usually meaning propaganda. That includes not only government public relations work but more secretive dealings the ministry has with a battery of private organisations and initiatives that promote Israel’s image in print, on TV and online.

In an interview this month with the Calcalist, an Israeli business newspaper, Mr Shturman, the deputy director of the ministry’s hasbara department, admitted his team would be working undercover.

“Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the hasbara department of the Israeli foreign ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis,” he said. “They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the foreign ministry developed.”

The team will fall under the authority of a large department already dealing with what Israelis term “hasbara”, officially translated as “public explanation” but more usually meaning propaganda. That includes not only government public relations work but more secretive dealings the ministry has with a battery of private organisations and initiatives that promote Israel’s image in print, on TV and online.

In an interview this month with the Calcalist, an Israeli business newspaper, Mr Shturman, the deputy director of the ministry’s hasbara department, admitted his team would be working undercover.

“Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the hasbara department of the Israeli foreign ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis,” he said. “They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the foreign ministry developed.”

[...]

and

www.facebook.com...

Giyus-isky is looking for Software Developer for the Management Client Team

and

pakalert.wordpress.com...

The JIDF is involved in mass email campaigns, we work to discuss the issues on many fronts, in various forums. We report our concerns of TOS violations to many companies. We advocate for Israel, and we work to unify our people who share our concerns. We write emails to the media, to the internet companies, to law enforcement, and to the government.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by tecumsah]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Good find!
There is more of this 'public spying/reporting' software, being used also by gov't agencies, if you want to find out how this software works go to;
WWW.INDECT-PROJECT.EU
and download the XML Data Corpus WP4 D4.1 pdf file.
This explains how this software works, we must be on our guard and learn to recognise how this sh*t works

Update; Above site gives a reference to a Google page, that subsequently 'cannot be found'. I have the pdf & will try to upload to a site where i can then link it. If anyone finds the link, please put it on the thread.

Here is a condensed version of the file on Facebook....
www.facebook.com...
[edit on 3-6-2010 by playswithmachines]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by playswithmachines]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Quoting myself:

Originally posted by SparKzzzz
Don't mind me, coming through this #-fest.
I just wanted to ask how on earth would one assume this is a governmental effort?

Have you even bothered to look at the 'about us' page?
giyus.org...
"Giyus.org is a coalition of Jewish and pro-Israeli organizations working together "

Then there's the 'Partners' page..
giyus.org...
Again, no government affiliation.

Yes, I am a pro-Israeli opinionated person and I also think these kind of web-activist rallying is absurd and pathetic, mostly more harmful than useful for it's own side.

Still, people need to get their facts straight. Few confused people have fused together to create this site, nothing more, surely no official government relation.

Up to now nobody has been able to bring forward a proof for this to be a government campaign?

Yet it still is no problem for you to be using the term 'government' several times after my post with no proof at all.

Is this really the place to deny ignorance?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by SparKzzzz]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Guys, please read this post.

I'm a programmer/software developer. If there were enough people interested, I could create a website with the goal of countering this "Pro-Israel" propaganda. Imagine a website that mirrors their "secret" service and more that will tell us which sites/posts/urls/MMS votes they are targeting so we can counter them, sound interesting?

We could actually have this back fire on them and spew out more anti-Israel then they could handle, this would hurt there $150k+ budget and effectively make them waste their money....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamo21
I'm a programmer/software developer. If there were enough people interested, I could create a website with the goal of countering this "Pro-Israel" propaganda. Imagine a website that mirrors their "secret" service and more that will tell us which sites/posts/urls/MMS votes they are targeting so we can counter them, sound interesting?

We could actually have this back fire on them and spew out more anti-Israel then they could handle, this would hurt there $150k+ budget and effectively make them waste their money....

Two words:

Do it.

I'm sure there will be people interested in this, just come up with it and start spreading the word, and it will catch on!

The UN should form a coalition of nations to invade Israel and destroy its military, if only for developing nuclear weapons in the ME. If it's bad when Iran is pursuing nuclear technology, then it must also be bad when Israel has nuclear weapons, unless you are racist or just stupid.

Israel should be like Japan: watched over by other nations with no military of its own.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
There is plenty of propaganda from both sides, and there has been for more years than any of us have been alive.

We will continue to maintain the single eligibility requirement that we always have: If you follow our Terms and Conditions you are welcome to be a member here.

Maybe yes maybe no. This post shows proof of an efficient, advanced and organised conspiracy to distort public perception in favour of Israil. I am very much interested to see the evidence of such large numbers of people doing the same for anti-Israil propaganda.

DOES ANYONE HAVE SUCH EVIDENCE?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BungleX

Originally posted by Djarums
There is plenty of propaganda from both sides, and there has been for more years than any of us have been alive.

We will continue to maintain the single eligibility requirement that we always have: If you follow our Terms and Conditions you are welcome to be a member here.

Maybe yes maybe no. This post shows proof of an efficient, advanced and organised conspiracy to distort public perception in favour of Israil. I am very much interested to see the evidence of such large numbers of people doing the same for anti-Israil propaganda.

Yes we do have evidence, its all on www.thejidf.org/. They have lists of youtube channels/videos of regular U.S. citizens speaking out about the builderberg group and their agenda, and everyone in the IDF(which is Israels entire population pretty much) posts and flags user posts and gets their personal opinion/video removed if it doesnt suite their agenda.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

I'm on the fence with this one - but that response is perfectly written. Will anybody accept the challenge?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

Originally posted by BungleX

This post shows proof of an efficient, advanced and organised conspiracy to distort public perception in favour of Israil. I am very much interested to see the evidence of such large numbers of people doing the same for anti-Israil propaganda.

Yes. Hamas, Hezbollah, , Al Qaeda, Taliban, Mullahs, Palestinian Islamic Jihad,.....................All of these terrorist organizations are constantly promoting, anti-Israeli propaganda. I doubt if any of these boy's clubs are so stupid as to not understand how to use similar software to spread their message. Do you think think these organizations are stupid? Maybe a little senile,....... the Mullahs.

Both sides spread propaganda. I can't believe that you think your guys are so dumb.......You're telling me that in this huge number of people you don't have 1 person who can write software? Now that, is, funny. You are laughable dude. What do you think about my opinion, brother?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with this program, that allows pro-israelist postings to spread more easily.

Anyone in their right mind knows that anything pro-israel must be propaganda and nothing to do with truth.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Its actually pretty easy to probably stop the software from operating. Install it on your computer and use any TCP/IP connection viewing software to see which servers it connects to and then you know your target for a DDOS attack. I do not recommend you do this as you would stoop to the level of the makers of this software..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
Judging by the amount of ANTI-Israeli propaganda and hate out there, particularly on this sight, I can't say I blame them..

Problem is they keep telling people how to live...remember Lennon's song..."live and let live"

Own the media, control the population, somewhat

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Both sides spread propaganda. I can't believe that you think your guys are so dumb.......

yes, but Israeli side makes much worse atrocities
than Palestinian side, and they abuse most of the western
media in the worst possible kind to their advantage
spreading brainwashing propaganda,

and they get trillion$ of help from US to do it all,

so one must raise his/hers voice against it

or you can stay ignorant

[edit on 9-6-2010 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
im not racists or anything but jewish people go to quite long lengths to defend their beliefs. now i know that the common jew probably is not up in arm about being accused of things like being lizard men to world take overs, how ever the ones i have seen are right there on it
i saw these one guys try to throw a pie in david ikes face, missed, and made themselves look like total jerks

but i suppose we all want to defend our beliefs

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AquariusDescending

im interested, lets do it.
just for the simple fact that it would be funny watching them scramble trying to figure out what to do
not to mention the spreading of truth

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
be careful- I went to one of the sites with the Israeli tools to propagandize and ended up with mebroot. i know exactly when it happened, it was during the flotilla thing. I know that is when I caught it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

edit on 123131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: not worth it

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So, was the site to counter this propaganda ever established?

Just wondering. I usually ignore Israel's tendency to brag about the size of its' balls.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join