It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad Pictures: Oil reaches Louisiana shores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oil reaches Louisiana shores

Over one month after the initial explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig, crude oil continues to flow into the Gulf of Mexico, and oil slicks have slowly reached as far as 12 miles into Louisiana's marshes. According to Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, more than 65 miles of Louisiana's shoreline has now been oiled.

Source: The Big Picture

Head on over for quite a few pictures. We've really dug ourselves into a fine mess here. I'm not just talking about BP and our greed for oil, but our relationship with the Earth and our fellow inhabitants.

(Again, for more photos please see the source: The Big Picture linked above.)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
awwwwww bud.

This is getting way out of control

I honestly want to just go down and volunteer on the clean up

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Those pics were disturbing.
This is a sad day for humanity and the planet.
When will the stupidity end???

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
what about the under water inhabitants? is anyone doing anything to prevent their deaths? they're still edible!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by birhan

...and that's the "wonderful" thing about dispersants. Far worse than just floating oil slick, these dispersants make the oil heavier and float the oil just below the surface. No longer is the oil a 2-dimensional problem...as they've given it depth as well.

Bravo? :'(

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The whole situation sucks, from it happening all the way to the supposed "solutions". This is something we as the human race cannot let happen.

We have to ween ourselves off of oil, better yet, cut it out cold turkey. I'd more then happily trade in my scooter (quit using a car) for an electric scooter. If I lived more central to everything, I'd bike.

Oil my friends, will kill us. In fact, it already is.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I cannot even think of what the rich will have to say to congress when the oil goes to their beaches. I't will smell of DEATH and oil. Plants, fish, and animals will hit the beaches all over. I guess they can watch what will happen to them by watching the louisiana beaches. The smell of DEATH and DISEASE must be overpowering. I suppose you could smell the death about 2 miles away with all of the stuff rotting in the hot sun. So do you think florida, FEMA will help you like they did in katrina. NOT LIKELY. The oil will lay it to waste. louisianas beaches are now a BIO HAZZARD. Smokers BEWARE. If you smoke and breath in that oil exspect your lungs to start to burn and shortness of breath. I really hope those MICROBES work. I hope the oil goes away, but I feel this will take a long time to heal and the oceans take the brunt.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This makes me so angry. You better bet that if that oil was seeping into the precious Malibu beaches of starlets, they would have done so much more. But because this is effecting no names, middle class folk, nothing is being done.

My heart is completely broken. The 11 men dead, the death of the Gulf.

I was listening to this guy ranting on YouTube about it, and he said the dispresent will also make the dead animals sink...not sure of the science of it or if it could be true.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What happened to "never again"?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is just the way reality is for the higher echelon. Doesn't surprise me one bit. Even if there was a different President in office when this occurred, nothing would of been different. I just see that there is no such thing as "we as a people." I mean can someone explain to me how we let a company drill into the ocean sea floor that doesn't have a 100% sure way of capping a leak in case it happens or being 100% prepared for such an emergency.

Lets just face the truth. NONE of us are involved in the way things are governed. I bet if every American called there representatives and bitched about this nothing still wouldn't get done.

Just wait till humans start leaving this planet and colonizing other planets. You'll see real catastrophes then. That's if we make it to that point.

Edit: Pictures are sad but there is allot worse going on in the world than some animals dying in crud. And lol at Tony Hayward

new topics

top topics

join