It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hello, I am Misoir

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I am 18, I enjoy philosophy, governance and history. I am a die-hard Socialist and enjoy the works of many modern political philosophers.

My favourite areas are politics, international issues, war, conspiracies in religion, and sometimes I visit the UFO section.

I'm not the religious type, I am an Agnostic and a Deist. I have read literature and philosophy regarding many of the mainline religions.

I enjoy cloudy skies with a cool wind while looking at lush grazing fields and steep mountains. I am a very laid back person. I can go for either the city or the country.

I am very socially liberal on every issue from abortion and euthanasia to prostitution and homosexuality.

Send me a U2U, I'm always open to talking to people.




I never actually made an introduction, even though I have been a member for awhile. I don't know if this is acceptable or not, if not I'm sorry mods.


[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]




posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Welcome mate, you sound like an interesting individual and from that short intro we seem to have a bit in common.

U2U if you need anything.


[edit on 1/6/2010 by serbsta]



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi dude, I have seen you around on the boards. You write good posts.

Like you, I never wrote an introduction either, I have thought about it but it feels a bit wierd as I have been here for a while already.

Congrats on having the kahunas to do it after so long!



eta: I gave you a little flaggy


[edit on 1-6-2010 by Wide-Eyes]



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 


Welcome to ATS!

I've seen you around quite alot, you write good posts/threads and I hope you keep it up! :up

Now I'm assuming you know the rules by now as well (if not then why?!) so I'll just say I'll cya around.




posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir





I never actually made an introduction, even though I have been a member for awhile. I don't know if this is acceptable or not, if not I'm sorry mods.


[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]


You had me messed-up there for a minute. I just submitted my first article a few minutes ago...then I noticed your "introduction" post and thought I broke the rules--that I was supposed to make my first thread an introduction.

Anyway, I'm glad you did, and will be watching for your posts. Thanks for the intro--maybe I'll do it sometime, if you don't get in trouble for it (haha).



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 

Your avatar seems to have led an interesting life.

First, he was a general, on horseback, obviously in the middle of leading a military coup.
Without any followers, I noticed.

Then he was in prison. Yes, history suggests that this is the natural outcome when someone attempts a putsch without having any followers.

Now he appears to be in Saturn. My sympathies. Of all the labour-camp prisons where they might have sent you, Saturn is positively the worst in the whole gulag-system. Food parcels take fifty years to arrive. the chances of escape are minimal. And in those temperatures, and working on those rocks, fulfilling the daily work norm and earning the next day's food ration is a complete nightmare.

The moral is; the next time you charge the gates of the presidential palace, shouting "Let's get'em, boys!", take a quick glance behind you.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey
 


It's not too late, I'm sure people would like to know about you.


reply to post by Rising Against
 


I never read the rules, but I have never broke them either. I just use common decensy and it has never failed me.


reply to post by Wide-Eyes
 


People read my posts?


Make an intro, I'm sure you won't get in trouble for it, I haven't.

reply to post by serbsta
 


Alot in common, eh? Never met anyone like me.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 


Welcome. Die hard socialist uh? That should get a response or two. It's an interesting bunch, a broad cross section politically and scientifically, or perhaps I should say philosophically. Feel free to U2U. Enjoy.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So basically you like to sit on your butt and let someone else do all the work and give you "a fair share". Life gives you back what you put into it. Socialism is some kind of Liberal POS pipe dream. TGM



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasGunMan
So basically you like to sit on your butt and let someone else do all the work and give you "a fair share". Life gives you back what you put into it. Socialism is some kind of Liberal POS pipe dream. TGM


Oh how misinformed.


Did you even bother reading me whole post? Or maybe recognize that I am a hard worker, always have been and always will be. Socialism is not about laying around, try reading about it sometime. And don't go to a Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity blog.


[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by TexasGunMan
So basically you like to sit on your butt and let someone else do all the work and give you "a fair share". Life gives you back what you put into it. Socialism is some kind of Liberal POS pipe dream. TGM


Oh how misinformed.


Did you even bother reading me whole post? Or maybe recognize that I am a hard worker, always have been and always will be. Socialism is not about laying around, try reading about it sometime. And don't go to a Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity blog.


[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]


I read your whole post socialism has nothing to do hard work it has everything to do with collectivism and redistribution. I work hard for money and I shouldn't have to "Contribute" my taxes to some one that doesn't have "inspiration" to get off there butt and work. If you enjoy Science Fiction at all take a look at the Borg in the Star Trek series they kind of remind me of Socialist and Marxist. TGM



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasGunMan
 


Actually the reason for taxes is for people who just need a hand up, the ones who want to lay around can die for all I care. If we look at society as individuals and collectivist, we will recognize that if we empower the population at large by giving them the tools they need to succeed we will all have a better life. Lower crime rates, healthier people, more educated, and we can feel proud to say that is my country and we have succeeded.

We shouldn't force the less fortunate into ghettos. Most of the poor people today aren't lazy, they are some of the hardest working in the world. But they usually have learning problems, mental problems or other disabilities that keep them from succeeding without a helping hand.

That is all Socialism is about really, making sure that everyone has the equal chance to succeed. It's not a guarantee to succeed, there will still be poor people, but if you are injured, unemployed, sick or what have you, you will always be protected.

In America people don't like 'Socialism' because it only helps the poor, that's called Social liberalism. Socialism helps everyone, as long as you are paying taxes you will get help with whatever you need. Are you sick and can't afford your medical bills? We'll help you. We are only as strong as our weakest members.

[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by TexasGunMan
 


Actually the reason for taxes is for people who just need a hand up, the ones who want to lay around can die for all I care. If we look at society as individuals and collectivist, we will recognize that if we empower the population at large by giving them the tools they need to succeed we will all have a better life. Lower crime rates, healthier people, more educated, and we can feel proud to say that is my country and we have succeeded.

We shouldn't force the less fortunate into ghettos. Most of the poor people today aren't lazy, they are some of the hardest working in the world. But they usually have learning problems, mental problems or other disabilities that keep them from succeeding without a helping hand.

That is all Socialism is about really, making sure that everyone has the equal chance to succeed. It's not a guarantee to succeed, there will still be poor people, but if you are injured, unemployed, sick or what have you, you will always be protected.

In America people don't like 'Socialism' because it only helps the poor, that's called Social liberalism. Socialism helps everyone, as long as you are paying taxes you will get help with whatever you need. Are you sick and can't afford your medical bills? We'll help you. We are only as strong as our weakest members.

[edit on 6/1/10 by Misoir]


I can tell your only 18, because today's generation is one of the laziest that I've seen in my 4 decades on this earth. It is no use on trying to make you understand you got it all figured out. You know so much more in your 18 years on this earth then I possibly could in my 40+ years. Socialism has NEVER worked and it NEVER will. Socialist always think they "KNOW" whats better for you. TGM



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir
 


You are correct...socialism is not about lying around. It is about people working together for the common good...however, there are serious flaws, as there are with everything. A simple grading experiment shows that.

To illustrate my point, a friend sent me an email stating that a college professor did an experiment with his class on socialism. The professor told them that they would all get the same average grade from their exams. The first average grade was a B. So, on the next exam, some of the students thought that they did not have to study as hard, and would get a good grade...well, as you may have guessed, the average grade dropped to a D.

So, there is my issue with socialism...yes, there are hard workers, but then there are people who like to get something for nothing, and go and ruin it for all the hard workers...

Anyway, besides the point...thanks for the introduction. Good luck.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasGunMan
 


Instead of refering to Socialism as Cuba and Soviet Union try actually educating yourself upon the subject. It's not laziness, that's not why it was founted and that is not what it's proponents advocate. The only ones who claim it's about laziness or anything like that is because they have never been to a Socialized country and/or they have never tried to learn about it.

It is the most popular belief in the world for a reason, except in America. And how #ing dare you call me lazy! You could be 90 for all I care, that doesn't make you experienced in the subject. You have spent you life listening to propaganda and news about the Soviet Union. Here's a revolutionary idea, instead of spreading ignorance and propaganda, try going to a Socialist meeting, or visiting a Socialist leaning country. Talk to Socialists, learn what they think.



posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake
 


I'm not an advocate of absolute Socialism, just Social democracy. Social democracy is advocates of a Mixed Economy where you have individuality mixed with communitarian ideals. We all still have the opportunity to fail or succeed alone, but we also have the opportunity to make an organized labor front to fight for human dignity and rights.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join