It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security cameras revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Groom Lake security cameras

Not only do I reveal the vendor that installs these cameras, but I provide a link to their youtube page. Much like the Howland company, the camera vendor can't admit they did the installation at Groom Lake, but they sure as hell can put Area 51 videos in their "favorites" section to give you a big hint!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Interesting cameras. with the right cameras in there system even the darkest night is covered.
longrangecamera.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Groom Lake security cameras

Not only do I reveal the vendor that installs these cameras, but I provide a link to their youtube page. Much like the Howland company, the camera vendor can't admit they did the installation at Groom Lake, but they sure as hell can put Area 51 videos in their "favorites" section to give you a big hint!

Seems pretty low-tech, and kind of "cobbled" together with hose clamps and chunks of wire i.e. the solar panel attached to the tripod leg. Although it seems they have been using similar setups for quite some time, so I guess they do the job...

I still can't help thinking about Homer though...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db0f4c0350f8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by FosterVS]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well you have to ask yourself what protection these cameras provide. I assume that they are not run 24&7 but turned on when triggered, since the solar cell and battery seem very small. I think at best they might use the camera to photo-document some idiot crossing the line, making it an open and shut case.

I think the gear at the periphery of the base will always be clunky. It really doesn't provide any protection for the base since you have to travel miles before getting close to anything that needs defending. So security at the perimeter will be clunky gear and er well guards that aren't exactly commandos.

Remember, the base as a few pave lows with gunners and FLIR. You want ugly, the base can provide it.

top topics

join