It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO pic from MUFON site, kinda strange...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey guys, I noticed this pic had been posted to the MUFON site earlier today. It shows quite clearly an object that I want to say may be a plane but just doesnt seem to "fit".

According to whoever posted it, the object was spotted off the Oregon coast. The only thing that seems to be missing is the corresponding case info...why, I dont know.

Check it out, Id like to hear other member's opinions. By the way, I did not take this photo. It caught my attention and I was hoping for some discussion about what it could be. I feel like I did a proper search to make sure it hadnt already been posted but did not see anything, so please dont flame me if that is the case.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It looks like some kind of sting/manta ray or skate that can fly

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Looks kinda small, maybe a prototype drone?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That's a great high resolution picture! But I'm thinking possibly a bird. You can see where the feet are tucked under the body and the shiny white part looks like an outstretched wing. The tail is weird and the head is also strange if this is a bird. Would be nice to know where this was taken so we could search on the indgenous animal life of the region to see if something matches.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I couldn't find any shadow, so it couldn't have been that far away from the brush on the ground, which leads me to believe that this object is pretty small.

I'm gonna go ahead and say black Frisbee.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I dont know, I want to say its a plane but I have a hard time believing that little thing on the back end could actually work as a rudder or stabilizer or whatever its called.

It seems though that there is kind of a "wing" as well which also further points to plane. Still, its kind of weird...I blew it up in photoshop a few minutes ago and it doesnt appear to have the unusually pixelated outline that we see on many cut/paste hoaxes.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It looks to me like it could be a bird, just at an odd angle. I would almost bet that this is a bird, though I guess it would be more interesting if it was an extraterrestrial craft.

--airspoon

Edited to add: It is definately a bird.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66d761a0b4a4.jpg[/atsimg]

If this isn't a bird, I don't know what is.

--airspoon

[edit on 31-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You would have to excuse me...I am more concerned with the Robot in the Flannel

Seriously though, this is a nice picture. I can't tell you what it is or isn't, it is truly unidentified.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hey guys heres a "blown up" view of the thing. It seems like it could be a bird but for some reason Im having a hard time buying it...let me know what you think.

Sorry I dont know how to make the image show up as anything other than a link right now...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm not really seeing anything characteristic of a bird. It looks kindof stubby. It could be a bird though, I found a good pic and posted below.

One of the only birds that I know kinda looks like that would be a cormorant.
cormorant

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Judohawk]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

Ok i have stared at this picture for a while now.....i've looked at the wildlife that can fly in and around oregon and well nothing matches up to this object.

Now it cant actually be a bird if you look at were the light shines on it it is a long sharp straight line. now birds when they fly no matter what the kind bend slightly.

Now what makes me think its definetely not a bird is the fact of its angle. if it was a bird the image would show the bird facing at the camera due to its shape and angle But this doesnt match up.

as for the tail of the bird its shape is all wrong. Birds have horizontal tails not vertical.

To me this is either a ufo, or a new type of stealth uav no wonder why it would be in oregon though.

Kind Regards
True-seer

[edit on 1-6-2010 by True-seer]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Airspoon, nice job

I think you have it nailed...waterfoul (a quickly approaching endangered list- thanks BP - around here) typically show a highly reflective anterior edge of the wing in flight - has to do with their water-proof feathers. I have seen many of what we call here pull-doo (I have no clue how to spell it) that are like small black ducks- in flight that demonstrate this trait. Creates an illusion due to the awkward position of this bird all the more misleading.

Makes the angle of the light source in this pic in the right place,

too small to be a plane, IMO.

Photog wouldn't have noticed a bird in the frame when snapped it - Doesn't mean it wasn't there or appeared only on film.

I think you nailed this one. Good job!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah...I dont know about the cormorant or whatever it is. I do see the case for it being a bird now a bit more...who knows...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It does have a very bird-like quality but if you cross-check bird charateristics and thier shape in flight it kinda dissproves hat its a bird.

Thier are very small differences so we may never know.

JUST REMEMBER
IF A UFO WAS TO GET CAUGHT ON A HIGH RESOLUTION CAMERA WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD MAKE THIER CRAFT LOOK LIKE ?.

A BIRD haha

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

as for the tail of the bird its shape is all wrong. Birds have horizontal tails not vertical.

To me this is either a ufo, or a new type of stealth uav no wonder why it would be in oregon though.

Kind Regards
True-seer

[edit on 1-6-2010 by True-seer]

Im thinking the same thing. The shape of the tail and that little vertical bit there doesnt look right to me.

There's a part of me that wants it to be a UFO or some sort of craft but at the same time the more skeptical part of me is willing to admit its probably something alot less interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I totally agree

But whatever it is it aint a bird
atleast not in the convential meaning.

Its a Bird.......Its a Plane......Its a Mechanical flying black chicken....Bwuk...Bwuk

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is a Helicopter. The blades are even reflecting in the sunlight.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That black thing reminds me a whole lot of one of my RC gliders

That mountainside would give an awesome updraft for a glider if the glider were riding the incoming wind off the ocean.

Not saying what It is, just offering a suggestion based off of years of flying gliders.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
Airspoon, nice job

I think you have it nailed...waterfoul (a quickly approaching endangered list- thanks BP - around here) typically show a highly reflective anterior edge of the wing in flight - has to do with their water-proof feathers. I have seen many of what we call here pull-doo (I have no clue how to spell it) that are like small black ducks- in flight that demonstrate this trait. Creates an illusion due to the awkward position of this bird all the more misleading.

Makes the angle of the light source in this pic in the right place,

too small to be a plane, IMO.

Photog wouldn't have noticed a bird in the frame when snapped it - Doesn't mean it wasn't there or appeared only on film.

I think you nailed this one. Good job!

I'll give you an easier name for your pull-doo.

Coot.

But it doesn't look anything like a coot, where's the characteristic white beak?

Looking at the image though. It looks like a small RC plane or something. I see what looks like the Rudder and a small windshield on the front. Probably to replicate the cockpit

I'm not expert though.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I will go with bird and this is a possible suspect

www.nicolasdory.com...

Plenty of these around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join