It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fisherman Files For Restraining Order Against BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

New Orleans, Louisiana (CNN) -- "A fisherman who was hospitalized after becoming ill while cleaning up oil in the Gulf of Mexico has filed a temporary restraining order in federal court against oil company BP." CNN

"At West Jefferson, there were tents set up outside the hospital, where I was stripped of my clothing, washed with water and several showers, before I was allowed into the hospital," Wunstell said. "When I asked for my clothing, I was told that BP had confiscated all of my clothing and it would not be returned."

"The restraining order requests that BP stop using dispersants without providing "appropriate personal protective equipment" to workers."

"BP has not supplied workers with masks when they work near the oil and dispersants.
"We're been carrying out very extensive air quality since early on in this exercise, to make sure that we have working safe conditions, and thus far not found situations where there are air quality concerns that would require face masks," MacEwen said

"Some of our men asked, and they were told they'd be fired if they wore masks," he said.

Say what?!?! How can this be? This is such a blatant violation of decency and common sense!
All these bureaucracy and liability issues need to be set aside for now. This is why I think the Military or EPA should be brought in for exclusive control, so that we can cut through all the red tape, set up a plan of action and execute it accordingly with only one thing in mind, keeping people safe, stopping the spill, and cleaning up the mess. I am saying this because I don't see any other way of getting this done. Expecting BP to tackle this in a focused, determined and aggressive manor just doesn't seem to be working. I don't trust them or their efforts!
Now with the Flotilla issue and Korea...man this is just crazy!!!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Sounds to me like BP is doing this on purpose.

Didn't Obama say in a press confrence that the government has been in charge the whole time.

Maybe that was their way of telling us they are doing it all on purpose.

Yeah, I know, I am a crazy conspiracy theorist...that's why I visit ATS.

But, really, why all the lack of protective gear. Why is BP not showing common decency? Common sense? I really don't think they are that stupid...I don't think this is neglegent, I think it is criminal.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
someone please legalize murder.

BP and this government make me so sick.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justagirl

Thanks for the reply justagirl!
I think they are more worried more about their own butts than anything else!(no surprise) If the Govmnt is in control, it is a weak effort, and I can't help but think BP is so powerful that they have cronies positioned in all the right spots to cover their arses!

This day and age, with all the crazy stuff going on in the world, I think it is safe to take the "crazy" part out of "crazy conspiracy theorist." So many of our fears relating to the spill, the Middle East and corrupt Corporations keep coming true.

I wonder too how dumb they think we are, and perhaps there is some merit to it, sadly. There are still people I talk to that don't see anything outlandish happening. I sent them some strong factual information in hopes they will wake up yo!!!

They say, "I didn't know that," and I say "you've got to get beyond MSM to get a better idea of what's happening." This is yet another reason I love ATS, and our passion and inquisitiveness is becoming our duty to humankind, in a sense. I'm a proud soldier for truth here!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

I hear ya man, and their actions certainly warrant the full range of reactions, but I personally don't wish murder on anyone. I would like the guilty involved to be sentenced to cleaning up this mess, as in, wear their 3 pc suit and ties, no protective gear OR MASKS, and clean, clean clean, til it's done! That could be kinda like a life sentence. Murder would alleviate them from any more suffering or answering for their crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
BP is playing legalistic games.

If people are seen wearing respirators, jurors will know that the spill & dispersants were putting out toxic fumes.

And the whores in the US government instead of at least saying clean up crews have the option of wearing respirators, without being fired, is giving us the same crap as after 911 in the toxic clean up.

We don't even have a government, we have pretending traitors instead.

Makes me so freaking angry.

Good to see this fisherman standing up against these murdering monsters. [BP & US & local governments]

top topics

join