It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN envoy: Prosecute Israelis behind Gaza flotilla deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

UN envoy: Prosecute Israelis behind Gaza flotilla deaths

www.ynetnews.com

Richard Falk, UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, urged the international community to prosecute those responsible for the death of the Gaza flotilla activists.

"It is crucial that the Israelis who were responsible for the killings and the illegal acts, including the politicians who gave the orders, be prosecuted for their actions," he said in a statement. Falk called the siege on Gaza "a crime against humanity" and said, "The global campaign for boycotts and sanctions on Israel is now a political and moral obligation." (AFP)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.waket heflockup.com
twitter.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think this incident should be the last straw for Israel. How can anyone in their right mind, defend Israel in the UN? They have proven that they think they are above international law.

This latest incident is proof that Israel commits crimes against humanity. What more do people need? How much more are we going to let Israel terrorize it's neighbors and the Palestinian people? The sad truth of the matter is that this is normal Israeli behavior and they will most likely get away with this, as they have with everything else.

Now is the time for the world to stand together against the crimes of Israel.

--airspoon

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Great report air. Falk has always been an outspoken critic of Israel and its good to hear his voice on this issue.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hopefully this will be the beginning of regime change in Israel.

However it's not the first time Israel has been accused of crimes against humanity ... remember Goldstein.

Is it not about time something was done about this murderous cabel ? How many times will they be let off with crimes only for them to go and kill some more people ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
everything that happens over there is because they think it will help usher in a bible prophecy. Israel wants the area to turn against them and start a war so that they can bring out the end of times they are meant for.

It isnt like they are alone in this thinking though, its the full axis of nuts that wants this. I also don't believe anything happens as its reported in this area, its crazy how well the different groups can make you think a story happened. Evidence has been shown of faking deaths and skirmishes when no real fighting or death took place.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don't know about any biblical prophecy but if the entire world turned against Israel, they would be finished within a day. In fact, if the US alone withdrew support for Israel, they would be finished within a short period of time.

Furthermore, I'm no theology expert but If I remember right, doesn't Israel have to finish and occupy the temple before all of this is realized? If the world goes against Israel now, they will be finished before they can ever even lay one brick on the temple mount.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don't know about any biblical prophecy but if the entire world turned against Israel, they would be finished within a day. In fact, if the US alone withdrew support for Israel, they would be finished within a short period of time.

Furthermore, I'm no theology expert but If I remember right, doesn't Israel have to finish and occupy the temple before all of this is realized? If the world goes against Israel now, they will be finished before they can ever even lay one brick on the temple mount.

--airspoon

I hate to turn this into an ET thread, but I think they are influencing things on earth now more so than ever. I feel (no proof), that they have some sort of quantum weapon that can cause earthquakes and yes, even blow up an oil rig.

I think (this weapon could even remotely detonate a nuke w/o firing codes). So I say they have the means to do it, they have the opportunity, but I can't figure their motive.

I realize this belongs in the skunkworks. Isn't it true that historically people have believed that "others" were somehow responsible for disasters. Just a bizarre thought tagged on to the thread. Forgive me.----------------------------------

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I don't know about aliens or biblical prohecy, though I'm not saying it couldn't be possible. However, what we do have is murder cuaght and illegal boarding of a vessel in international waters that Israel needs to be held accountable for, regardless of whether aliens were at play or whether the Israelis are self fulfilling some religious prophecy.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This just in....

Audrey Bomse Member Of Gaza Flotilla Resonds To Israeli Press Conf On Attack

Color me suspicious of this statement....

[edit on 31-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder, having just finished reading the comments in this thread, if the same professed outrage, anger, call for action, etc, was just as forthcoming from the commentators when N. Korea sank the S. Korean Naval vessel?

Or, Kim Jong Il's crimes? Or, despots in general?

Or, forthcoming from the UN for that matter.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
I wonder, having just finished reading the comments in this thread, if the same professed outrage, anger, call for action, etc, was just as forthcoming from the commentators when N. Korea sank the S. Korean Naval vessel?

Or, Kim Jong Il's crimes? Or, despots in general?

Or, forthcoming from the UN for that matter.

I wonder, having just finished reading your comment, what kind of absolutist mindset would demand that all events in the world must be met with the same emotional response.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I guess that means we both are wondering.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

The difference between the two, is that the S. Korean vessel was a military vessel, armed and capable of protecring itself. Furthermore, the Israelis have a habit of doing things like this.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you for that video, it is kind of crazy how the propaganda is going to fly like we have never seen it before. I find it funny how Israel was saying that this flotilla was going to help the Hamas "terrorists", yet they said nothing about the hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children who are not a part of Hamas. This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join