It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why's it so fashionable to hate bush?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't get it, most people that hate/bash Bush have NO IDEA why he's bad.(Obviously that's not true here) At my school and around my town people just say they hate him........? and give no reason why, it's so pathetic, they just say whatever Abc has being spewing out all week.

Someone help me please!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Same here...all the kids in my class have NO idea why Bush is so bad. They just hate him because everybody else is. They dont know why they are hating him. They just follow everybody else.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's because of his crusade in the middle east to force Western ideas and democracy on a people who have been living in a theocracy since the beginning.

Yeeehaww... lets shoot em up and force hard capitalism and western values"

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well see Redoctober I don't really mind Bush bashing(gets annoying after awhile), as long as the person actually knows what they are talking about!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by porque
Well see Redoctober I don't really mind Bush bashing(gets annoying after awhile), as long as the person actually knows what they are talking about!!

Yes, and can back up their bashing with evidence and facts.

I agree with ya.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
why? because in general there is a certain kind of person who finds it easier to blindly hate someone, people or something than to think things through and figure out why they dont like/disagree with someone, people, or something. its harder to do this when you use calm rational logical thinking you start to see the hate for what it is and how bad harmful it is to ones decision making processes.

this doesnt apply to JUST people who hate bush, this applies to everyone who let their emotions control them, bush supporters are just a small section of this problem although admittedly they are a very vocal section and this makes them seem like a larger group than they actually are.

and then you have those who hate because everyone else does. amazing how certain kinds of hate are not acceptable but its ok to hate bush. in fact i remember a while back when being hateful at all earned the ridicule of everyone around you, now its widely accepted and even encouraged...just so long as its bush, right??? after all if we're going to be irrational we might as well go all out and be inconsistently hateful!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Those who are calm, rational & have researched their positions in holding the Bush cabal in a loathsome light.
That they've not been prosecuted to date, and the media has kept a lid on the actions that have been put in motion, give folks like our esteemed BTS Cruise Director the misconception that there is no fire, just blind partisan smoke.
It might get recorded that way after all: I am still amazed that the broad daylight theft of the presidency & the rampant cronyism has gotten this far. So the idea of Bush in a second term is not alien to me, I've seen sheep shorn before......only these think they're wolves who've had a victorious hunt.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have a better question. Why is it wrong to hate Bush? Even if you have good reasons for hating the man, it's still wrong to critize him in the eyes of some people.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There is no reason to like Bush as a politician, statesman, leader, or "president", or anything that has been "accomplished" since the neo-con machine stole office.

There is no doubt that the key players in the Bush administration will be prosecuted to the fullest extent, no matter the number of Executive Orders signed nor the number of cover-ups attempted.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Those who are calm, rational & have researched their positions in holding the Bush cabal in a loathsome light.

Really? Do any of them post here?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If someone says to me that they hate a person, I ask why. If they give me logical, well researched, concise answers, I accept it. If they say 'Well, everyone I know hates him', I consider them to be tossers and walk away.

I don't particularly like the man, although I agree with his stance against abortion. I do consider him a hypocrite but realise that he has 'advisors' who may not be working for the good of the country. I certainly don't hate him.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Even without delving into the world of Bush's 'policy', his inability to make speaches, or just use the English language, (without smiling stupidly) would make me lack respect for him. My stance on Bush is researched, and I like Kerry just as little.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Originally posted by Bout Time

Really? Do any of them post here?

Sure, you must have us on ignore or som..., D'OH! Forgot about that cognitive dissonance you suffer from!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In some circles it's highly fashionable to love Bush.

Like this guy.

Females...making profit? Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bush has a lot on his hands. Kerry, I really do not like at all, but I remember reading he opposed the building of the f-22's. Just hope Bush gets relected, then someone else will run against Kerry and win, he seems like a sick man and needs to stay home.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by porque
I don't get it, most people that hate/bash Bush have NO IDEA why he's bad.(Obviously that's not true here) At my school and around my town people just say they hate him........? and give no reason why, it's so pathetic, they just say whatever Abc has being spewing out all week.

Someone help me please!!!!!

During times of war, it's highly therapeutic to blame someone. In this case being Bush, the political figure head that's taking Americans to war.

Also when the world has turned upside down and you don't know where to turn. Blame Bush. It's actually very relaxing. But here in Canada I blame Paul Martin for the increased taxes and the sponsorship scandal. In the end it's not their money that their spending, but the taxpayers.

Canadian bitch about everything but then they succumb in the end. It's the Canadian way.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Bush has a lot on his hands. Kerry, I really do not like at all, but I remember reading he opposed the building of the f-22's.

Just as a heads-up, Kerry voted against the F-22 when Cheney recommended it. He was secretary of defense for Bush senior, who was trying to cut the defense budget as the Soviet Union was collapsing. There is an agenda to forget about Cheney's cuts to defense, when he was secretary of defense, but point to others at the same time, acting on his counsel.

EDIT: Just as a quick point of reference Bloomberg

[edit on 10-6-2004 by curme]

top topics

join