It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror link alleged as Saudi millions flow into Afghanistan war zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Terror link alleged as Saudi millions flow into Afghanistan war zone

www.timesonline.co.uk

Millions of dollars of Saudi Arabian money have flowed into Afghanistan over the past four years, the country’s intelligence officials say, with the sponsorship of terrorism its most likely use.

According to members of the Afghan financial intelligence unit, FinTraca, the funds, totalling more than £920 million, enter from Pakistan, where they are converted into rupees or dollars, the favoured currency for terrorist operations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It is clear terror is still being funded. I am posting this because I think it is important that where the money is coming from be known. However, it is also important to note that the source article does state the most likely use of the funds is terror. I take that to mean they don't really know what the money is being used for. So I guess this is one of those times you can be an optimist, or a pessimist.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
And yet the Saudis are our biggest allies in the region, next to Israel. It's Hegelian dialectics at it's best. Here's another great example:

We give the Saudis billions of dollars.
We give Israel billion of dollars.
The Saudis are the biggest funders of Hamas.
Israel fights Hamas.
The cycle continues.

And of course, in the beginning...
Mossad supports Hamas to balance out the PLO.
Now Mossad fights Hamas.

We are the unintentional funders of the majority of state sponsored terrorism in the Middle East, and we wonder why it comes around to bite us.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And probably these same Saudi' s are funding the mosque being build at ground zero, and get away with that as well. If there was one country the US should have invaded its the medieval Wahhabism Kingdom, and got these muslim orcs right by the balls..instead of the money laundering affair, this would have been more productive on the longer term..

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If they did not have oil would they be an ally?

The world would be a much different place if that were so.

Let us not forget that the US help create the Taliban.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

And probably these same Saudi' s are funding the mosque being build at ground zero, and get away with that as well. If there was one country the US should have invaded its the medieval Wahhabism Kingdom, and got these muslim orcs right by the balls..instead of the money laundering affair, this would have been more productive on the longer term..

A bit over the top... you seem to not realize that the entire War on Terror is blowback for American neo-imperialism and America zest for intervening in foreign affairs. Keep in mind that the mosque is not located a Ground Zero, but nearby, and America has a policy of freedom of religion. This is no different than a Catholic Church being built in the vicinity of an IRA bombing in Great Britain.

As SWCCFAN pointed out, we created the Taliban. We also worked with the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaeda, stood aside while Israel funded Hamas and toppled democratically elected leaderships across the world. If we don't recognize the bloody heritage we created during the Cold War, we won't be able to prevent history from repeating itself.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Surprising. This reminds me of an article I posted here some time ago:

Saudis fund Balkan Muslims spreading hate of the West

They must have some really solid leverage that has prevented us from bringing democracy to their desert.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
They must have some really solid leverage that has prevented us from bringing democracy to their desert.

The Bush and Bin Laden family, as well as the saudi royal family, were all good friends. The Saudi royal families also have extensive connections to our economy, and especially our investment markets. I read that if we invaded it could actually create a panic because so much money would leave the markets. They also have moved towards allowing international oil companies (BP, Exxon-Mobil, etc.) to control their oil. This means we don't have to worry about its supply being cut off, so we have no reason to invade them, and actually quite a disincentive. If we invade we have a drop in our economy, and a likely period of unrest and loss of an oil supply. Not to mention the resistance there would most likely be even worse than in Iraq.
We don't really care about them financing terrorists. WE fund and train terrorists all the time, we have been since at least the 1970s. Our CIA basically owns and operates the ISI, and they transferred $100,000 to Mohammed Atta, the supposed lead hijacker on 9/11.
We will never invade Saudi Arabia, unless there is a regime change, and even then it would be smarter to infiltrate them than invade the country.

new topics

top topics

join