It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History rewritten ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Good day to the whole of ats. I've been thinking alot, on what we can do, to prevent history being rewritten or questioned in the future. Here's my solution:

Establish it here on ATS meaning. Get official links post them here. And say 100 years from now people could use our information as a true reference. If we're all still alive! I hope everybody on here will contribute and help this thread grow. Tips:

Multiple images of your source. What this means is; you get a source of information, post it on ats, a few more people take a image of your link(print screen for windows users.i'm not sure about macs). And that way it can't change. Well i hope it won't!
Also if people can catagorize their piece of information. Meaning: list it eg food, war, politics etc etc thanks. I'll get the ball rolling.

History of freemasons:

www.ugle.org.uk/

Ps please move to correct forum if wrong thanks! And sorry!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Intuitiveaptitude2009]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Technically history can't be re-written because it isn't history yet.

And as far as caching information, I'm sure ATS has some sort of system devised that allows them to keep threads for your viewing pleasure later as they are doing a great job of it right now.

True references are only as valuable as the sheer number of people involved. I would say ATS is a good reference for information that is cataloged and not so much for the opinion threads.

King

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I think i failed! Your right. Damn it!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't think it's so much that you failed as much as a thought process requires a second opinion sometimes.

Some of the greatest ideas are plagued with the simplest of problems until someone points out the obvious.

Every heard of Partsman sydrome? It's a common ailment among mechanics, this is kind of like that.

King

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There's always the Wayback Machine:

Wayback Machine

Also, a nice quote by George Orwell:

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

new topics

top topics

join