It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It is obvious that humanity is at war with humanity. Because whoever created them did it on purpose.

Men and women are different mentally, because whoever created them did it on purpose.

Mankind is not meant to get on, because whoever created them wanted wars.

I have just read Stephen King's book 'Under the Dome' - and maybe he has a point.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Charles Fort once said "The Earth is a farm. We are someone else's property." and I must say at times I am tempted to believe him.

While I don't buy into any alternative theories of our creation (whether by God or aliens or any other intelligent designer) I do find them inexorably alluring. In a chaotic Universe where it seems we have no true purpose it is tempting to conjure Gods to explain the beauty of the world and demons to explain the bad. Blaming natural disasters on angry deities started fairly early on in history, some of the oldest religious myths are stories like the Flood and whether its Gilgamesh or Noah you can be sure there are angry deities in the story.

I think in the end our destiny is on our hands and as technology grows we will be able to guide our own evolution. Time to stop blaming the bogeyman for our own immaturity and violence - its time for humanity to grow up.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yes, it is time to grow up and face the fact that it is not a level playing field.

We try and try, and still bad things happen.

Things are tilted so we cannot win - but we will keep trying, ants that we are.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Even the ants, when unified, can bring down a behemoth.

Don't underestimate the ants

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

But when someone fries the ants through a magnifying glass, the ants are dead.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
We are supposed to believe that we have no real contribution to the game... but we do.

More than we can ever know, thats the true secret, that we hold something in ourselves that can help all of humanity. The second that we think that we have nothing to contribute, then we fore fit our go.

I will pass go.. I will get my $200.00.

Peace to you...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well yes but I don't know anyone who has a giant magnifying glass. Anyone stirring up the ant hill is going to get stung.

We will protect the queen

No seriously let's ditch the insect metaphors. What exactly are you saying is so perturbing us? If anything its our own human nature causing these issues. Like I said, we need to stop conjuring bogeymen and take responsibility for our own shortcomings and accept the chaotic Universe in which we live.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

We do have a lot to contribute.

And a lot of us are contributing.

But how do you fight the powerful entity?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Having just read that book, humans were likened to ants, when kids want to burn an anthill, and humans became that anthill in the book.

How are we different from that anthill? Lunatics declaring war and sending in ants to fight it and die.

Same thing.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
IMO I think that our contribution involves the fact that we will NOT be complacent, that we will learn from the past, and those of us that research and ask questions, will change the future.

I don't blame people for not knowing, or even being purposely ignorant. I do in fact blame those that know better, and though we may act as if we do have the ability to be zombies (sheep) or even dumb, that there is a way to change those things.

It's hard, and we will not have the same relationship's that we had, or friends that we love, we will in the end bring new life, and new pieces to the table. Most people that come to a place like this look for someone that they can not identify with, and even that's questionable.

I love my fellow man, and I know that I may not always get it right, but I do believe that there is something that even the most discerned person can have, and that's love.

That is something that most people believe, or not do not have, so trust in yourself.. your contribution, and your reality. Because when it all comes down to the truth and the falliecies we will see who folds in the end.

Keep up the good work, and dont let anyone keep you down.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
SPOILERS:

King is losing his dramatic edge and that book proves it.

It was excellent until the end. Elementary-level moral-of-the-story made me sick, considering I stayed up 9 extra hours to finish the second half. I can't even count how many times saturday morning cartoons went a little deeper with the idea that you might be the ant someday, so be nice.

Really?

Also, killing random characters in the story's resolution is SO old. The only emotional response he gets out of me when he pulls that junk is hesitation to get his next book. Why write an entire brilliant novel only to be told at the end:

"Oh yea, they died."

Come on man.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I disagree. Children that are not taught that other things are fruitful, or don't contribute, have the ability to use a magnifying glass and destroy.

Those who know will not do such a thing, and in fact distract those that bother them and give them something else to do are the people that I wish to ive amongst today.

Peace to you....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Kids are interested in trying out things - that is natural, they are new to the world.

So kids will try anything - even kind kids.

They are just trying to find their place in the world.

And while there are leaders who are intent on war, what can we ants do?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Yes. KIDS are, but what happens when adults come into play?

Do the same rules apply? Are we seriously saying that kids control our futures? That would mean that a kid should be in the White House, or run Congress.. Of course not, so why should we see them as being child minded in this respect? Do they really have some say in the matter? I would hope not.

We live in a society that condemns children and rules the aged. Where do we draw the line, and when does it really effect our futures?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Love is all you need - quoting the Beatles.

But if we followed that rule - love is all you need - we would not have wars and the world would be at peace.

But guess what - a few powerful people who want to rule the world want war.

And what does ruling the world mean? Nothing, if it is the end of the world.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If I want I war i need soldiers, If I want peace I get lovers. Well thats true in sense.

When you cover cospiracy you get either side, but that cant even happen if you have will participants, you either want one or the other.

Right now we have a little of both, and even that's questionable. I have been on this site for a very long time, and still have not started my own post. That's because I know, and I have researched the fact that even though we search we are not alike.

We teach, we learn, but we cant do both. You either have to be a taker or a contributer. If your looking for individualism, good luck, I think thats harder to find than a unicorn, but if you want someone with their own thoughts and feeling the search is probrably harder, but worth it.

So good luck.

Peace to you.....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Men and women are different mentally, because whoever created them did it on purpose.

We're different mentally because we have different hormones washing around our systems due to our different physiology. Different organs...it's birds and bees

Vive la différence!!

top topics

join