It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no video embeds from Disclose.tv or others?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is an alternative site, but we can only embed from Google via either Google Video or YouTube. And Google Video doesn't allow uploads anymore even. I've seen a lot of other subpar PHP forums able to do embeds other video sites.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I was wondering that too. Why cant you just drop the embed code and it display like on other forums? I also think it's important to note that google own youtube now. So we really are limited to just one source. Youtube also censors, so if something really good comes out and youtube blocks it how can we post here on ATS?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
C'mon, there's Vimeo, Live Leak and scores of others. I don't see how the top alternative forums doesn't allow us to embed the non-Google videos.

Basically, considering that most people are spoiled and are far too used to any videos being right on a page, if you make a cool/important video that you can't upload to ATS, and either can't or are unwilling to post on Youtube, then the thread you make faces high odds of getting buried. The days of people downloading and waiting to watch a video are pretty much over.

join