It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo - Unknown object... help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
On the morning of Oct 20, 2006 there was a storm moving in from the east, which rarely happens here (mid Atlantic region). When it comes in from the east it swirls around the mountain and I grabbed the camera and started shooting pictures. This is a crop of the oddity in one of the pictures. I did not see this with the naked eye. I was watching, and shooting, the storm move in. The photo was taken at almost 10am facing east south east.

I can't tell if it's close, far, or what so I thought I'd post it here for other's opinions. I'm not making any claims because I simply don't know. I'll send the untouched original to anyone who wants it. I'd just like some honest feedback.

I put it in this forum because it seemed the best fit. Thanks for looking.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

There is something there....the resident photo inhancers in 3,2,....1

Maybe they can help, I'll check back laters after some zooming and embedding is done.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I could be wrong here I don't know but to me it looks like a water droplet, is that a shower hose thingy to the left of the object?.

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

The object to the left is a floodlight. The rain hadn't reached us yet, it was still swirling around to the east of us.

[Edited to correct wording.]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by SeenMyShare]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Thats an outdoor light fixture under the eve of the house...I think...

I am zooming in and getting pixles...I know there is better photo enhancers on here...
I'm lucky to get mine from my cam to my PC...yet alone learned to use the edit features.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
At the link there are two other photos. The first is the original of the one with the oddity, and the second is the photo taken seconds after the first.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

seen those...just so your ready...cuz someone will ask, get the timeline "which was 1st" ready, or edit your OP to make that info. avail.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Thanks Doc, the first was the one with the oddity. The second was the one without. The crop I did today. The file names will also bear this out since Kodak named them by number as they came from the camera. The exif data is intact and will show the time line.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

hmmmm maybe I'm seeing something else....

I clearly see what looks like the same object...in the other two pics and it looks like movement....I may be focusing on the wrong thing in the other two pics..

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

On the morning of Oct 20, 2006 there was a storm moving in from the east, which rarely happens here

Now this is just my opinion, but being as though this is a rare occurrence perhaps there were meteorologists that wanted to collect data from the storm. I zoomed in on your image, and then pasted a resized image of a weather balloon and placed it beside the object in your photo. I have made my own conclusions but I will let others decide for themselves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0403df507862.jpg[/atsimg]

ETA: S&F none the less for posting an actual pic

[edit on 5/30/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

That's something I'd never considered... though why anyone would be out here in the boonies with a weather balloon is beyond me. Too many hills for it to get caught on I'd think. Possibility though.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

There's a magnifying glass on the top right corner. It'll blow the photos up to full size if you'd like a better look.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Looks like it is a chip in the window or a droplet of water to me. This is common for photos taken out aircraft windows.

So this was taken on the ground and not through glass ?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
this is the second such picture ive sen posted in the last while...the other nethey were saying could have been a rock chip......
it would be possible maybe they have some new phenom under observation?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Do you have the original raw image? This one is not original. It has the letters SHAR on the bottom.

Can you upload it w/out editing it?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

No rain there yet, and I'm leaning out across the porch (uncovered) rail shooting in front of the house. No glass. See the blue sky? That was above us and didn't fill in for about ten to fifteen minutes after I started taking pics.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I do. Can you U2U me with an address to send the original to? Do you want both the first and second photos?
Edit to add that Picasa added the SHAR. I did upload the original to Picasa but Picasa must have done stuff to it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
this is the second such picture ive sen posted in the last while...the other nethey were saying could have been a rock chip......
it would be possible maybe they have some new phenom under observation?

Stirling.....

Over time, there have been many such incidents of marks, dirt, cracks, chips, water droplets, etc... being photographed through glass & "mistaken" for something more distant in the sky.

With that said, I have not looked at the op's photo in detail so I presently draw no conclusion regarding that photo.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If you look on the second image..
Where the object is in the 1st image look down and you can see something there too..:puz
on 2nd image)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

At first glance I'd say the dark object in the second photo is probably a turkey buzzard. They hang around the top of that mountain to the right. I'll have to do a zoom to see for sure, though. Good eyes!

Edit to add: Ok I zoomed in to 400% and don't see the typical buzzard look. They're huge so I'd expect to at least see the point in front where neck and head would be. Dunno.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join