It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folks don't care about the "Earth"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's about how much money they can sue BP

Folks are dreaming about the millions they may get after this disaster. I even heard a politician ranting about monetary gain.

Greedy mofo's.

The fact that the spill is destroying Earth and living creatures has taken a back seat to the most horrific aspect of human nature.....Greed

Sad times

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The fact is that this spill is destroying people's way of life. Jobs passed down for generations. This is destroying families. The Earth will survive, she has had much worse dealt to her than a paltry oil spill (and yes it is paltry in the big picture). Those families may not. Be concerned about that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
The fact is that this spill is destroying people's way of life. Jobs passed down for generations. This is destroying families. The Earth will survive, she has had much worse dealt to her than a paltry oil spill (and yes it is paltry in the big picture). Those families may not. Be concerned about that.

I agree 100%, but this should be about saving the fragile Earth first, monetary gain is greed, not humanitarian

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Come together and live with the Earth not against it. Let's take a step back and look at the bigger picture for once.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Humans must live against the Earth to some extent if we are to have any form of luxury. I mean, if we decided not to have Electric stoves or restaurants then maybe we could do it but I don't feel like giving up things.

My biggest problem with "living with nature" is that it becomes a means of control. I'm afraid that people will fall for this line and if they do you will see the true face of human greed.

But I like trees as much as anyone here, trust me.

And to the OP, humans are humans and they'll turn anything into a way to benefit themselves. This is what got us pretty much everything we have today. It's ugly, sure, but it works.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And to the OP, humans are humans and they'll turn anything into a way to benefit themselves. This is what got us pretty much everything we have today. It's ugly, sure, but it works.

Yeah. but how many humans and how much of the Earth was raped before some arrogant elitist mother fu***** felt comfortable?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
True but that's how the world works. It may not be "just" but the world isn't a just and fair place. These two things are (mostly) an illusion. You want to knock that man off his perch, do it. Don't wait for philosophy and some law (or whatever, I'm just talking) to save the little man.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Family's wanting food & shelter is not greedy. Lots of people have and will lose their jobs because of this spill. In order to live they need money. I agree nobody should be getting rich off this disaster (unless someone comes up with an amazing novel clean up solution) but I could agree with BP providing for families who lose their source of income.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ask people questions about the environment, how it works, the food chain, etc., and they don't have a CLUE. Really, try this. I had some woman recently tell me that she didn't understand why her kids were studying ecology in school. It sounded like that liberal, tree-hugger stuff to her. I said that maybe they were studying ecology so they would know how to take care of the world they live in. She told me "We didn't need any of that when we grew up." So, there is the mindset you are up against. That coupled with American apathy and ignorance of science, in general, and you have millions who could care less.

If a person doesn't know anything about how the food chain works, then seeing some oil covered shoreline is no big deal. Obama will clean this mess up eventually, right? Oil covered bird? Who cares? There are a lot of birds in the world, right? Heck, they ran over one yesterday with their car. Stupid thing should have got out of the way.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Flip that coin over, you have people on your side saying things just as stupid.

"Let's live at one with nature!"
"Be like the Na'vi"
"Save the trees!"
These people
prime.peta.org...

Know what happens when we live at one with nature? You die because you don't have food, shelter, climate control, medicine, and you have to do back breaking work. Or someone threw a rock at you and killed you.

I think we should be good sires to the earth as well, there's no disputing that. But there's a line.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I could not agree more. When greed is the foundation of human actions, it is only a matter of time until that greed swallows up the greedy and those surrounding the greedy.

new topics

top topics

join