It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wild in the Streets: " An interesting socio-political artifact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ever seen the movie "Wild in the Streets?" It did quite well during the late '60 and I believe I ganined a few Oscar nominations in some categoies. Premise of the fim: Charismatic rock star manipulates baby-boom generation to use their majority and take over the Congress and Executive branch. All people over 30 are forced to retire and live in a state of perpetual intoxication with mind-altering chemicals while living in fenced-in camps. Quite chilling.

Its a fascinating political artifact for many reasons...it exchibits the changes (and continuities) in the baby boom generation; demographic shifts, the socio-cultural differences that a mere 40 years can make; changes in the concept of revolution and general dissatisfaction with the status quo, as well as the ways they are manifested; the orwellian touches...a very interesing thing.

[edit on 5/30/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Haha, I'll watch that tomorrow thanks!

Thats something my generation would do, if they had the brains.

Most of them are armed to the teeth with handguns and throwing knives, thankfully they are all distibuted into little groupings they call gangs, and dare not join forces for some odd reason.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Like many of my generation I saw in when it first came out. Unfortunately at that age it was just a movie. I did not get the full implications of the film. Probably worth a re-watch. I would definately rewatch "Soylent Green".

join