It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if the US is the only country that owns nuclear weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What happens if the US is the only country that owns nuclear weapons? Imagine an alternate future where the Soviet Union didn't successfully got the atomic bomb blueprints. What will be the situation of the US? Will be US do adventurism or will there be peace?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I really doubt that would ever be the case.

I would'nt feel safe with the US being the sole owners of nuclear weapons, why would they ever have that right? would you trust your leaders not to misuse the power they have over other nations? I wouldnt.

Noone should have nukes. Its a shame now that there will probably never ever be a time when nuclear weapons are nonexistent, the countries who have them are too paranoid and afraid of other countries that have them that noone will ever really give them up completely, nor willingly.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If NO ONE had them and US used them in mass-aggression...
The world would attack the major US cities.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well how? I mean if the world have no nuclear weapons they wouldn't dare to attack the US

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Spies would be sent in and the technology would be acquired one way or the other for everyone else who wants a nuke.

Really though, it's not in America's best interests to be the only ones with nuclear weapons. It is the sole basis (or so we are told) for recent wars and warmongering and to be alone with such a bomb would be to have no leverage when it comes to looking angelic for the American people who have no interest in invading other lands.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Well how? I mean if the world have no nuclear weapons they wouldn't dare to attack the US

How would U.S retaliate? Nuke every city in the world and hope for the best?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What happens if the US is the only country that owns nuclear weapons? Imagine an alternate future where the Soviet Union didn't successfully got the atomic bomb blueprints. What will be the situation of the US? Will be US do adventurism or will there be peace?

Well if the Soviets didn't get the bomb you'd still have the UK and France to deal with who each developed their own, independant weapons. After all, the US may have been the "first", but it was on the back of UK, French and Canadian research it was even made possible.

As others have said though, there would never be a situation where one nation had such an advantage over another for very long, so such a scenario would probably never would have happened. Be it by espionage or sheer self determination, other nations who could afford such an endeavour would soon acquire their own, as was the case in reality actually.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
then it would be the day after the U.S. destroyed the rest of civilization. correct?

new topics

top topics

join