It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands flee volcanos in Ecuador and Guatemala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Thousands flee volcanos in Ecuador and Guatemala

Thousands of people have been forced to flee their homes as two volcanos erupted in Guatemala and Ecuador. In Guatemala, the Pacaya volcano began spewing lava, rocks and debris on Thursday, killing at least two people and injuring more than 50 others. In Ecuador, the Tungurahua volcano forced the evacuation of seven villages and shut the airport and schools in Guayaquil, the country's largest city.

bbc.co.uk

Not sure if this has been posted before but, it now feels like Volcanoes are pushing aside all the earthquake hype with all these recent eruptions.

Here are some images of the eruption, ash covered streets and airports closed; Pics

Prayers go out to all those that have been affected by this natural disaster. Thousands have been evacuated over health concerns as 7cm( over 2inches) of ash fell swiftly. The country's main airport has been closed.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here is another link; NYTimes

And a video of the eruption;

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is insane. Last night i had a dream and in the beginning of it two volcanoes were spewing lava high into the sky. I wake up this morning and check up on the status of the world as is my daily custom, lo and behold I see this. At the end of the dream was another disaster, and I hope against hope i don't see that one manifest itself in reality, but it was a very vivid and clear nuclear explosion in the center of an urban sprawl. I'm hoping i'm not some kind of clairvoyant or something, i would be perfectly okay with being full of $#!% on this. Hopefully my saying it here somehow derails that path of reality...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Forgive me, this is my first post on ATS but I thought I would chime in on this.

There has been increased natural activity all over the world over the last few years, tsunamis, volcanic activity, earthquakes....etc. What are your theories as to why all of this activity has sprung up?

Is it simply nothing more than coincidental natural occurrences?

Could it be the aftermath of man-made technology (Haarp)?

Maybe it’s the effects brought on by the passing of Planet X? If you believe the planet exists.

I do not know for sure of course, but I have my own theory to throw into the mix.

Could all of these natural disasters simply be that the Earth, being a powerful body in space and nature, is trying to purge itself of "pests" crawling on its skin? Comparable to a dog shaking fleas off of its back, can the earth consciously decide that it has taken enough of the fleas biting its back and now its time to take care of the problem?

Personally, I don’t know of course. But I would not be surprised if the Earth had the power to recognize and "disinfect" its self from the pests on the surface. I hope Mother Earth does have the power to do just that. It gives me hope that no matter what man throws at her she can renew herself.

Thoughts please!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well I don't believe in the Planet X theory at all, seeing as if it where true it should be visible via personal telescopes as the planet should be inside our solar system if the doomsayers date of 2012 is correct. Personally I think even the galactic plane theory has more to offer than planet x/nibiru.

But, as the theory of Occam's Razor portrays to us, the simplest theory is often the more likely choice. Which I believe would be simply that the increase in geological activity just comes down the an increase in media coverage baffling us into believing the occurance is more often.

However I would leave my opinion open to change depending on how the rest of the year turns out, an open skeptic is always the best stance

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Well I agree that the Planet X theory is hard to prove and believe. Although, I hear that there are many scientists that claim it can only be seen in certain geographic locations, times and conditions in the southern hemisphere. In the end, I suppose its a non-point. No use in contemplating what cannot be proven.

I also agree that it may be more media coverage of events. If this is true, what benefit would it bring to the media or TPTB? Assuming that the disasters are not somehow controlled, what would be the point of not telling the average Joe about news-worthy events such as these volcanoes, or increasing the coverage of similar events?

Another question I would ask is if these eruptions were preceded by earthquakes or if they simply blew their tops without any real warning signs.

join