It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Approves $60 Billion War Funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Senate Approves $60 Billion War Funding

www.truthout.or g

The Senate has approved continued funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan amounting to $60 billion, reported Democracy Now!. This will include full funding for the 33,000 additional troops that will be deployed for President Obama's escalation of the Afghan war.

The Senate also rejected an amendment from Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold, which would have made President Obama put forward a timetable for US withdrawal from Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The Obama administration also released its first National Security Strategy since taking office, reported Democracy Now!. Along with calls for boosting multilateral cooperation and strengthening international institutions and treaties, the document echoed language from the Bush administration. On the use of force, the document says, "the United States must reserve the right to act unilaterally."

Not sure if this has been posted already, but one thing is obvious, we (the West) are not going to leave Afghanistan anytime soon. I do think we cannot just abandon the Afghan people, but how are they gonna sell this to the people. First they spend billions of Dollars on bail-outs and at the same time, they continue to spend billions on their little wars. I guess sixty billion more of less won't make a difference; the deficit ain't huge enough yet.

www.truthout.or g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I don't see them pulling out soon either. Look at this from the article (FTA):

"The Senate also rejected an amendment from Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold, which would have made President Obama put forward a timetable for US withdrawal from Afghanistan"

"the document echoed language from the Bush administration"

But considering that the entire budget is a bit over 600 billion, the amount spent there is only 10%. Still, of course, it is a lot of money, and more people will die.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So much for world peace
damn is our government out of control. lovely too see they have money for themselves, but nothing for us.
just goes to show, the president is just a puppet being pulled by strings, just like Pinochio...maybe that should the president of the united states new job title...the presidential pinocjio position or something. powerless.
its amazing. WWII our boys fought, thought, created, outmanuvared the nazis all within a few years, with much less technological weapons...now it just seems thier running around holding thier manhood while whistling dixie.. no pun intended too the troops*
theirs money eing made off this war, and a select few are the ones collecting in on this, as well as the companys. its like its generating money to stablize militray connected companys, stablizing wall street in retrun or something....wonder if obama is collecting in on thie war he promised he'd end before inaguration, just as i suspect lyndon b johnson did vietnam war, seniro bush with Iraq, and junior Bush with afghanistan and IRaq,.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You know, everytime I think Feingold should be kicked in the keister, he comes out with something like this.

Of course I cannot forgive him for a bunch of other votes he has done. That is why I am working to oppose him in my Republic's elections this fall.

Wisconsin for the first time in ages will turn to conservative candidates this fall. I am hoping the Libertarian push will make a difference. We DO NOT need to police the world. It is destroying our country.

I would like everyone to realize their is no REAL difference between the parties when in regards to this component.

Now that the Democrats are in Power "War is good"!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Totaly agreed!! thier was as time, when america it seems, was thier to stop tyranny and oprression of the world...now it seems, it is the meaning of tyranny and oppresssion

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
our military it seems, just cant wait!!! to go and play with thier toys in the sand.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix
reply to post by Mdv2

I don't see them pulling out soon either and more people will die.

Well we can't pull out anytime soon, we've been persuaded by lobbying that our oil co's have the right to ship oil 'n gas out of the Caspian Basin through Afghanistan and Pakistan then tankered through the Suez Canal, memo sort out Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

So our soldiers and their families are gona keep getting killed until that route is no longer needed by the all important oil share holders. It's gona be a long hard struggle that will probably end up with a free fire zone 30 miles either side of the pipe, so pity the poor shepherd who's sheep stray into a drones patrol area.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Part of this IS the American public's fault as well.

Why you might ask ?

For the simple matter of the significant amount of Oil we consume here in the US.

2007 figures were over 20 Million Barrels per day ! @ 20,680,000. BBLs to be exact.

Per Capita:

United States 68.7 Barrels per day/1000 people

Germany is 29.8 Barrels per day/1000 people

United Kingdom is 29.0 Barrels per day/1000 people

So as long as we continue to use gasoline and oil like drunken sailors, we will continue to be at war for these natural resources.

Plain and Simple.

'Nuff Said.

Data Source:

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I support Alan Grayson's [D-FL] bill to tell the Pentagon to fund its wars on the 550 billion it is already getting without asking for hundreds of billions of dollars more for Afghanistan & Iraq.

Then there is the black budget funding [drugs, money laundering, etc.]
AND the 50 billion spent on illegal, unconstitutional spying the so-called intelligence budget.

It is outrageous that we are being fleeced by these thugs wearing US military uniforms.

Not only do they commit unspeakable atrocities & create terrorism at every turn, they film their crimes & the Senate has to make it illegal for Americans & the world to see the worst crimes that were committed at Abu Ghraib.

The constitution specifies CIVILIAN COMMAND of the military.
In the current US it is the military's hairy tail wagging the US government dog.

The US government is unsalvageably corrupt at this point.
It is just unspeakably treasonous.
Time to terminate & start the people's government over from honest, healthy scratch.

new topics

top topics

join