It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My review of Springer on Coast to Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The whole interview really pointed out to me how much I hate hearing people call in and babble on about their UFO experiences.

Everything revolved around the oil spill, UFOs, cheesy free energy spokespeople, OLD cases that everyone and their grandmothers have already read about, or the callers' personal opinions.

There was one old-sounding guy that called in at the end talking about his 20+ years of research and collecting samples of dinosaurs/fossils, and his take on what's happening to the planet, and the things he said were actually pretty interesting. (A LOT more interesting than hearing someone slur endlessly about a light they seen in the sky) And they let him make his initial statements...

But it was brushed off immediately as too much and they went straight back to summarizing the interview.
Talk was about this website and the general topics it covers/it's impact.

99.9% fluff

---------------------------------------------------

Mark (Springer) speaks and seems to present himself well, but that 4 hour interview was extremely difficult to sit through.

I wish I could've made it through on the phone, I wanted to bring up his "Deny Ignorance" catch phrase and the fact that every single thread about hemp over the past four years that I've been browsing has been either;

a. deleted
b. locked/closed
or
c. ascribed to the "alternative substance (aka drug) forum

Almost every single caller he spoke to, and every subject he spoke of has a "solution" in some sense in regards to the cannabis hemp plant.

And this thread is likely to get binned for even mentioning it.

I could go on and on, and probably will. I know it was essentially free for me to listen in, but I feel like I got ripped off by sitting through that whole thing.

-Pretty good job mark.

-Horrible performance by "the coast to coast audience."

. . .

Originally posted by alaskan
I guess I should make it clear what my point was...

The guest of tonight's show was THE GUY behind the creation of these forums.

The topic of the show was THE FORUMS and their rise to popularity.

*How many of the questions asked by the listeners/callers of c2c had anything to do with the forums?*

I had a question regarding the forums, couldn't get through to voice it to the guy, and was extremely disappointed with the [typical]crap that actually did get through, so here I am on his forum letting him know...

Consider it constructive criticism.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by alaskan]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
1. You didn't HAVE to listen.
2. IMO I think he did a wonderful job.
3. He can't help what kind of whack jobs call.
4. If you would rather have karl the drunkard talk for 4 hours be my guest, as I cannot understand the ramblings of that man for the life of me.

5. This isn't a pro-marijuana forum, get over it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You LIKED the 6-fingered shaman who had pictures of big foot and Atlantis?!?!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have no idea who that is, you're talking about a different caller.

Don't try to turn this into some kind of thread about how I'm in the wrong...

If I paid to listen to that whole interview I'd be pissed. 95% of what they talked about could've been heard on any other radio station at any other time, except for the ridiculous UFO and (as above^) bigfoot/whatever "sightings."

You people need to understand that other people have opinions too, and my opinion was that Springer himself did a good job, but the whole show in general was bunk.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
5. This isn't a pro-marijuana forum, get over it.

This is exactly what I meant by my quip about the "Deny Ignorance" catch phrase.

You're either ignorant to the fact that hemp is not marijuana, or you're just trying to muddy the waters and turn this into a stupid off-topic debate about your morals VS mine.

I say one thing about a SERIOUS subject and your petty ignorance leads to accusing me of being some kind of druggie.

Grow up, and use your brain.

Please.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

There was one old-sounding guy that called in at the end talking about his 20+ years of research and collecting samples of dinosaurs/fossils, and his take on what's happening to the planet, and the things he said were actually pretty interesting. (A LOT more interesting than hearing someone slur endlessly about a light they seen in the sky) And they let him make his initial statements...

But it was brushed off immediately as too much and they went straight back to summarizing the interview.

I was so glad they finally brushed him off. They asked what evidence he had of any of this and he just kept rambling and rambling about what he knows is. He never offered any evidence. He never even really offered up what his theories were based on. He just spent 20 minutes explaining what they were as if they were proven facts.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Actually I'm very aware of the difference between the two. This also has nothing to do with my morals. It has all to do with you supporting the biggest sounding crackpot I've ever heard on c2c. Assume away about my 'motives' or 'morals' the point still stands you talked down on everyone that called, except the biggest crackpot on the whole show. He merely rambled on throwing in words like, life cycle, magnestism, field this, dinosaur that. He was jumping from so many topics no one could understand anything he was saying.

You go ahead and back up ol' karl though. If you could just relay his point, that would be much obliged and also rather supportive of your "argument"

EDIT: No one said anything about you being a druggie. So don't put words in my mouth.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Xilvius]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a set down, face to face with Karl the six fingered shaman for an hour or so. he sounded as though he could have a very interesting conversation. Believe me when I say I have had conversations with some unique people in the past. Including one homeless street artist by the name of Captain McNasty that wanted to send me on a quest through some Florida swamp with a hand drawn map to a friend of his that would teach me the art of fencing with a foil after showing him some potential and speaking a coded message.

Naturally I did not take up such a quest as I have some semblance of self-preservation.

As for drug topics. Personal use discussions are without any question against the Terms and Conditions. Subjects, especially conspiracies, about them are limited strictly to the designated forum. It is not a censorship issue. It is to preserve how search engine bots view the categories of the site. Key words that pop up enough times can actually have ATS blocked for viewers at work, schools and other regulated areas. A condition that is detrimental on many levels. Both to the site as a business and to the membership as a whole.

One of the key points of awareness is that there are things larger than oneself. At one time there was a complete ban on the subject, period. End of discussion. It took much work and effort from the members to change that stance. And against better judgement , things were changed. This is a very large thread but you may find the history interesting.

As for C2C being on the fluff side, a bit. But it also caterers to a slightly different audience that doesn't do the research themselves. USA Today has a fairly wide circulation, but isn't very in depth with its articles. But look at it this way, very few discussions about UFO's can exclude Roswell. Doing a search of Roswell in the title only hits 100 via the ATS Search function. That, in my opinion makes ATS far more than a one trick pony. For comparison "gulf oil" only appears in 87 thread titles.

Just because content is member driven, doesn't mean there are no rules to keep in mind. Other than that, the site is what you make of it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Oh Alaskan.....

Cut it out.....

Springer was awesome!

Didn't you hear how well he kawabawated with Karl?

Come on.....give us a smile mate!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

You come off as very hostile.
There's nothing wrong with opinions, but you state yours in a way that sounds like you enjoy hearing yourself complain.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't think there's been a single thing said in response that doesn't prove my point...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I guess I should make it clear what my point was...

The guest of tonight's show was THE GUY behind the creation of these forums.

The topic of the show was THE FORUMS and their rise to popularity.

*How many of the questions asked by the listeners/callers of c2c had anything to do with the forums?*

I had a question regarding the forums, couldn't get through to voice it to the guy, and was extremely disappointed with the [typical]crap that actually did get through, so here I am on his forum letting him know...

Consider it constructive criticism.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I was so glad they finally brushed him off. They asked what evidence he had of any of this and he just kept rambling and rambling about what he knows is. He never offered any evidence. He never even really offered up what his theories were based on. He just spent 20 minutes explaining what they were as if they were proven facts.

The very first thing the guy said was that he wanted to give them/the producers his number so they could contact him.

Exactly what evidence did any of the other callers offer? Did they offer any other source of info aside from their company's website or embarrassingly pathetic breakdowns of theories/"personal experiences" that have been all over the internet/on the table by the thousands since public discussion of the topics started?

You'd rather listen to people struggle to describe something they might've seen at night (which even they assume no one else has any idea about) than listen to someone who is TRYING to get people to get the information out without naming a single product?

I don't even know who this ridiculous shaman guy is and people are acting like he's my religion. Why?

"Denying Ignorance" since never.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The very first thing the guy said was that he wanted to give them/the producers his number so they could contact him.

I know that. That has nothing to do with evidence or proof.

Exactly what evidence did any of the other callers offer?

Sorry, was I defending any other callers? I was simply discussing the caller you pointed out as sounding good. Please feel free to pick out any other crackpots that called and say they sounded good too. I will be happy to ask what proof they offered as well.

Did they offer any other source of info aside from their company's website or embarrassingly pathetic breakdowns of theories/"personal experiences" that have been all over the internet/on the table by the thousands since discussion of the topic started?

Are you saying that a man with crazy claims and no proof was convincing to you just because he was standing in a pool of such utter crap that his crap stood out?

You'd rather listen to people struggle to describe something they might've seen at night _which even they assume almost know one else has any idea about- than listen to someone who is TRYING to get people to get the information out without naming a single product?

My you assume a great deal. Can you please tell me where anything I said conveyed any such idea?

"Denying Ignorance" since never.

Listen up you angry little man. If you want to respond in an adult manner and have a discussion, great. DO NOT sit there and chastise me for things I NEVER SAID. I get enough of that in the religious threads.

If you have to make up things you think I might think based on NOTHING and then bash them in order to have a conversation, have it with someone else.

NOT ONCE did I defend one other caller to the show. I was simply pointing out that the one YOU HIGHLIGHTED as being worth listening to was directly asked for ANY EVIDENCE and refused.

Go take a Valium, take a walk, count to 100, breath deeply and come back when you feel better.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hey let's talk about beanie babies! Is that off-topic enough for you?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with Springer, I didn't hear the show, however, I am really worried about Americans and how much garbage they are fed, and the nonsense they believe.

Maybe that is a conspiracy in and of itself.

People filling our minds with nonsense.

[edit on 063131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interestingly enough that was the topic of one of the very few good calls that made it in...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Interestingly enough that was the topic of one of the very few good calls that made it in...

You talking to me?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

You talking to me?

Stormdancer ....

Was that said in the Robert DeNiro voice ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yessir.

A guy called in and basically said that every topic they'd discussed was 'by the book,' and not much more than distractions.
And he was right.

Edit: Focker Cue more garbage...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join