It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for a new ATS Census?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not so sure about that, what you suggest. I mean would it sway your responses somehow, to know the demographics of a person, possibly?

I think everything is peachy the way it is, and several members, such as yourself are already outspoken of who they are, in many ways.

If you knew you were speaking to a certain crowd, would it change you on this site?

I think it's awesome that anybody can participate, without having to be a number.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

LOL, well the pink matches with the mauve, I can't say my handbag would fit nicely into a profile here, though. I tend to hang onto them until the bottom falls out!

Thanks for the thought, and you know, if it comes down to nitpicking people for every little detail, a lot of folks just would never participate here anymore. Thoughts of data being sold, etc............

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Oh I know - I was just joking - though for some reason that "fashion rule" was drummed into my head (and I don't even wear colored polish!)

Anyway... back to topic...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not so sure about that, what you suggest. I mean would it sway your responses somehow, to know the demographics of a person, possibly?

I think everything is peachy the way it is, and several members, such as yourself are already outspoken of who they are, in many ways.

If you knew you were speaking to a certain crowd, would it change you on this site?

I think it's awesome that anybody can participate, without having to be a number.

That's a good point.

Although I doubt it would affect anybody's discourse or behavior on the boards. It's just an average really. It wouldn't say which members felt that way, just what percentage of members do.

I don't think it's about just being a number either. Were all members and ATS is a community, it makes sense that we would want to know about the general population.

We use to have polls weekly on ATS for a while when I started. They went away mysteriously, but I suspect with the 2010 roll out they'll sneak back into our daily board life.

This would simply be a somewhat bigger version of such a poll.

~Keeper

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I support the idea 100%.

Maybe you should try contacting the owners of ATS.

I thought posting in the www.abovetopsecret.com...
would be sufficient. From some of the posts on this thread I'd say the Demo's have changed quit a bit in 3 yrs.

Please people read the OP & click the link if you get confused

top topics

<< 1   >>

join