It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for a new ATS Census?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The ATS 2007 Demographic Profile:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The coveted demographic group of people between 19 and 35 makes up 44.1% of all ATS members and visitors. While a surprising 19.5% are the slightly older group between 36 and 44.

No surprise here, the vast majority of visitors are men, which is typical of our topics.

Nearly half of all ATS visitors and members report either some college, or a 4-year college degree.

I was browsing through the site checking out places that I normally do not go, "the other side of the tracks"
if you will. After reading through the Demographics, I thought it would be interesting to take the ATS pulse once more.
After all, so much has stayed the same in the world & at the same time so much has changed. As an added bonus it would REALLY freak some people out being a census yr. and all.

Just layin it down to see who'll pick it up. I realize ATS staffers are "allegedly" very busy with the new site design & layout but give it some thought.
I think with more people aware these days (Obama,Tea Parties, Beck, Jones, C2C....)the domo's have changed quite a bit.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

I find your thread curious, to say the least. I don't ever remember giving my age, sex, college level, etc....I left all personal information blank, on purpose.

Your demographics come from where, exactly? Not everyone who has joined, gives out personal information.

Are you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, or are you saying that ATS sells information, like facebook, etc?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah i never told anyone here my age im sure we can all guess im 12 but im not sure if that gets factored in or not

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'm a 42 year old male ... I like walks on the beach, talking about feelings, fireplaces, rearranging furniture, and being told how to improve myself.

Did that help?

[edit on 28 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OMG my wife has been begging for a guy like you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So has mine.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind knowing what percentage of content is contributed by minors (under 18).

Kids have some crazy imaginations and I for one would like to know if the OP is under age.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WTF is wrong with you people??

I find your thread curious, to say the least.

Yeah i never told anyone here my age

Did you read my post or open the links provided??? GD paranoid people. Oh yeah this is ATS.

E-Z folks if you look around the ATS website these are general #'s from those who wanted to respond in 2007.

No thanks, 1 is all I can handle. "I ain't as good as I once was"

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I find your thread curious, to say the least. I don't ever remember giving my age, sex, college level, etc....I left all personal information blank, on purpose.

Your demographics come from where, exactly? Not everyone who has joined, gives out personal information.

Are you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, or are you saying that ATS sells information, like facebook, etc?

Did you read the OP? It says the 2007 poll. You were not a member then, and neither was I. It was probably optional as well.

You can check it out HERE.

I'd like to see the results of a new demographics poll. I am willing to participate in it.

:: DOH were not where.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I was responding to the dog man. My wife would eat you alive.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil C Hickus

Kids have some crazy imaginations and I for one would like to know if the OP is under age.

Phil, you can always tell on ATS, about this time of year, what members are new, and out of school on holiday. Just wait, you will see! The ones that really should be in summer school, are here, instead!

I don't think we need a new ATS, as I think that was what the original title to the thread said. We don't need a census, either.

Things work out pretty well here, considering the amount of traffic, and the work the moderators do.

I don't mind getting into it with a majority of male members, as my boxing gloves fit just as well! AKA, that means, the women on this site can hold their own, or they wouldn't be here participating!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

WOW! Thank you! I thought I was loosing my mind for a second & I've only had 2 drinks.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil C Hickus
I wouldn't mind knowing what percentage of content is contributed by minors (under 18).

Nice response. That is me in my Avatar on my boat that I own.
Man I gotta get away from you freaks for a while.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

I was responding to the dog man. My wife would eat you alive.

She's that bad huh! Sorry man.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock
WTF is wrong with you people??

Well, for instance, I have a problem with this question. Why are you so upset, that you want to swear at a female, on this site, or anyone? There is nothing wrong with me, by the way. This is your beef.

Yeah i never told anyone here my age

So? What is your thread about, exactly? I mean, is it accurate? Did you check everything before making it? If you can type, and make an intelligent reply, what difference does it make what age you are?

Did you read my post or open the links provided??? GD paranoid people. Oh yeah this is ATS.

You know, actually, this is your thread. I don't really care what age a person is, what sex, what race. You, made an issue out of all of it, with your thread. Also, your comment, once again, trying to circumvent the ATS rules with swearing, again. Nice!

E-Z folks if you look around the ATS website these are general #'s from those who wanted to respond in 2007.

Perhaps what went on in 2007, doesn't apply to 2010.

You are ruffling feathers, and making a point out of outdated statistics. Bored much?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not a bad idea once the 2010 rollout is completed. And for the record, they are very busy with the new rollout and other things that always seem to be going on behind the scenes. Just today, time had to be taken to recode the chat room.

And honestly Semper, the question about what are you wearing is a legitimate question to determine demographics about domestic apparel versus imported.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

And honestly Semper, the question about what are you wearing is a legitimate question to determine demographics about domestic apparel versus imported.

LOL, ok, just for the record, I am wearing a vintage Ralph Lauren, pink t-shirt, mauve nail polish on fingers and toes, my diamond engament ring, my levi's, my clarks sandals, my contact lenses, gold loop earings, oh, and my bath and body works lotion that has a scent of "Moonlite Path." Ooops, I forgot my white panties and bra, as I never wear anything else! Cotton, of course!

Ya, as if any of that matters! How funny!

People of all demographics should be able to participate on ATS, without explaining exactly who they are!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It would be kind of interesting to take such a poll again to figure out the demographic.

Perhaps members could vote on which categories would make up the survey, make things really interesting.

Put in a few, " What conspiracy to do personally believe in" and get the averages of our most contested topics as well.

I'd also be interested in the male to female ratio to see if we have more ladies who are just as nuts as men are

Of course any such demographic would truly only based on the people who use the website most frequently.

We have a ton of members but only a certain percentage are contributors. Time limits for the survey and such would also contribute to that effect.

Cool idea S&F.

~Keeper

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I support the idea 100%.

Maybe you should try contacting the owners of ATS.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

According to "the pro's" one's finger/toe nail polish should "go" but never "match"

(Complimenting colors, but not the same color)

Fashion rules, who can keep up?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join