It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the illegals that do pay taxes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Can I ask an honest question because i just don't know.

Ahem!

"Just HOW does this work?"

Howw can someone that is of illegal immigration status in a country even begin to pay taxes. If he has no SS number then where can this money go?

And as you say if he gets a paycheck, and there is tax deducted that means that the company must have registered with the IRS. no? (that's how it works in the UK)

Therefore if they are registered the gov would see that this person does not have the right to work in that country! no?

I am an immigrant in Mexico, My visa does not allow me to work in Mexico, so if I tried, it would be all cash in hand, but could not get paid officially as that would alert the SATS that would see that my status does not allow work!

I don't know, I just can;t reconcile this with what I know, can someone please explain?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I only asked why they were getting deported if they were doing something
as simple as a couple of traffic tickets. I know they are here illegally and
are being deported for that. You don't get deported for traffic tickets, that
is why is said it was like comparing BB's to .44 Magnums.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Howw can someone that is of illegal immigration status in a country even begin to pay taxes. If he has no SS number then where can this money go?

The ssn's are usually bought or made up. The money is sent to the government. Social security keeps it in a earnings suspense file because the number won't match the name.

The IRS is a different story. They give out special numbers like a social security number called ITIN's. This number is used to report earned income even if the person is using a fake social security number.

Under IRS rules, everyone, including illegals, must pay taxes if they have any earned income.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Illegals pay taxes with someones stolen ID. The person whose SS# was stolen no has to prove to the IRS that they are not hiding any income so they now have to jump through Loops to get their name cleared. Just do a search for that and you'll see members who have experienced that.

Illegals take a lot more out of the system than what they put in. For every Illegal Immigrant that is employed, there is a Legal Citizen/Immigrant unemployed who is now forced to collect unemployment benefits and food stamps. If the hired Illegal has a couple of anchor babies, then that family is now eligible to receive benefits and food stamps.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's time to double dip.
For every dollar an illegal pays in taxes, the Mexican government should be forced to pay two.
That's the only way we can begin to force Mexico to listen to its people.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by daskakik

I only asked why they were getting deported if they were doing something
as simple as a couple of traffic tickets. I know they are here illegally and
are being deported for that. You don't get deported for traffic tickets, that
is why is said it was like comparing BB's to .44 Magnums.

I see your point. They are different in the sense that you pay a fine for traffic tickets and you may be fined and deported for being illegalbut this does not change the fact that both are considered infractions and as such are not seen as crimes.

A better example would be an infraction to building codes. You may be forced to tear something down and rebuild to be up to code but it isn't a crime. You just have to comply.

The same with immigration. You are in the country illegally so you have to leave to comply.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by primus2012

Willingly filling out and filing fraudulent information on a W-4 is a felony offense.

Are they prosecuting people for that?

You act as though all laws on the books are enforced or are you saying that they should only be enforced when it comes to illegals.

I act as though all laws on the books are enforced? I'm saying that they should only be enforced on illegals? You read that from my simple statement?

It is a felony to file a fraudulent W-4. That's what I said. I'll expand on that and say obtaining fake identification is a crime, using fake identification is a crime, using stolen identification is a crime, every time that fake/stolen identification is used it's an additional crime.

How many total allowances are they filling in on line 5 of the W-4? Zero, one? Probably the max, or they are filling in "exempt" on line 7. Paying taxes? Hardly.

Illegal immigrants who are "paying taxes" are committing felonies.

They aren't stopping there with the fake W-4. They are obtaining driver's licenses, credit cards, checking accounts, loans, etc.. all based on false information. Felony after felony. As far as stolen SSN's go, they are screwing with a citizen's identity and credit status. IDENTITY THEFT.

I don't forge my W-4, but if I did, I'd go to jail and pay a big fine and all you illegal-immigrant huggers would be saying "serves him right, it's illegal to forge tax forms".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join