It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Everyone Using ATS as Their Personal Dream Journal ?? Should It Be Allowed To Continue ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Right now it seems like every third post I come across is someone sharing their dreams and trying to have them deciphered by other members.

For one thing, dreams are extremely personal, there is no general dream interpetation handbook, ... to think someone else can interpet your dream is extremely naive and unrealistic.

If you don't know what your dreams mean, ...... HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN ????

... and for the " future catastrophe" dreams .......

You may have seen movies like The Matrix, or The Butterfly Effect, ..... You may think your the missing piece in some cosmic puzzle and you are meant to tell the world of some future catastrophe relayed to you in your dream. You may also think you have some great role to play in the future of humanity, and though you don't want to face it, .... you are indeed, ..... THE ONE.

Well guess what, ..... your not !!.

You had a DREAM. Everyone has them, about aliens and earthquakes, and volanoes, and everything you can imagine.

But wait YOUR dream SEEMED sooooooooo real. There's just something about it.

..... well there's not. Your Naive, prolly very young, and entertainment has convinced you that not everything is as it seems, and anyone can turn out to be a savior of humanity.

Your dreams may mean something to you, and thats where we should keep them, to ourselves. If I posted every time I had a dream of the future I'd have hundreds of posts.

If your dream is supposed to mean something, only you can figure that out. Not a bunch of stranger's on a message board. Dreams can be a mix of reality, fears, imaginations, ... or even what's on TV while your sleeping. They could be based on a video game you played, or a movie you just watched. They could be just random firings from your brain.

Their dreams. .... and as much as you think your's are important and must be shared with the world. Trust me, .... their not.

Please, please, ..... just keep them where they came from. Nobody's dream on ATS has EVER, come true, and yours will not be the first. And any interpetation you get here will mean as much as your dream does, .....

absoloutely nothing.

So what say you ATS, ..... should the board continue to be inundated by peoples dreams and their interpetations ???

Should we make a new forum for dreams and dreamers ???

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

As of right now, there is a forum for that, in BTS.

There is also a forum in BTS for rants like yours.

edit to add:

See, I told ya so!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is so strange yesterday i had a dream while i was driving home that someone posted this thread. Except in my drea the thread was a dog. It is probably my pineal gland activating because of 2012 getting so close.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
This is so strange yesterday i had a dream while i was driving home that someone posted this thread. Except in my drea the thread was a dog. It is probably my pineal gland activating because of 2012 getting so close.

I am incapable of coming up with a better response.

Dude. You're over-reacting.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've been making this prediction for years now, in the 2040s when u hear of quakes occurring everyday run to the hills away from shorelines and stay for a month, cause earth will be about to shake everywhere at the same time.
OK, and yes i am serious, and people who know me most take this prediction serious too, damn govts are even working on making a moon base cause they think their authority can escape all of that, and they know when i predict something it always occurs.
Who do i blame for people not believing me?, should it be govts for executing religious and spiritual leaders which in turn helps to create scetics to the whole god, psychic and prophecy stuff, or should it be media who gets the blame cause they wont test my telepathic claims like how i ask to be tested in the public domain. Or should i blame unreliable psychics for making proven untrue predictions of the future.
Who should i blame for you not believing this prophecy??? Maybe i didnt write as much as i could to back up my claims, so maybe i should be blamed for you not believing this prophecy?
yes i am serious and yes i want people to believe me, but do i care if people ridicule me, no i dont cause its gonna occur and all the people who made untrue predictions also believed it was gonna occur.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think dreams are very powerful things and I believe that some dreams are a display of clairvoyance. I also believe that we are all connected on a higher level and many dream symbols are common and have common meanings and themes in the dreams of many.

Also, those of us who are psychology and dream buffs can help others decipher their dreams no matter how personal they are.

And some dreams may seemingly or certainly be prophetic.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sure...and let's shutdown Skunkworks while we're at it...those nuts

new topics

top topics

join