It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Enough of the OFF TOPIC comments. This thread is about: Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever! Keep to it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The difference is that those people's supporters and even themselves referred to themselves with their middle name or middle initial.

Let's not forget who started using his middle name everytime they talked about him...it wasn't his supporters...and it was to push the rumor that he was muslim and to drive the thought that he is "scary"...and it worked for some people.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Hm, you're right. Only conservative blogs and sites are making a big deal out of this. Is that surprising? Not really

Anything they can hit Obama with, they'll get their hands on it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
TextThat Eagle Is Still Looking Pretty

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
If ever there were an impeachable offense, this should be it.

This is not only a slap in the face for those that have served this country, but for Americans everywhere.

In retaliation and to make sure our President understands the importance of our flag at all times, I suggest every American adorn their homes, cars, and person with American flags all weekend long. Loads of them.

I believe Obama needs a refresher course in whom he actually is supposed to represent.

Bloody 'ell! Have you heard yourself?! It's a piece of cloth!! So it's not in his immediate vicinity while he gives a speech to your nation, so what? What about that flag would make any difference at all to what he is saying and how it is recieved?

Do you realise that the majority of first World leaders rarely do speeches in front of their countries flag? The UK? No, France? No. Germany? No. Those countries don't need their flag as a safety blanket.

OK, OK, I know, I know, it isn't really about the flag. I know, it's your ugly, unexplained hatred for the man that is causing you to use this non event as further ammo to try and shoot him down.

Do you not see how transparent you really are?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh how I adore these topics. Same old bull!@#$ by the same old members...

"President Obama didn't say a prayer before dinner! Impeach him, blaaaahhhh!"

That's all I hear.

You guys are absolutely hilarious, ridiculous, and about a hundred other similar adjectives.

Step back and think about this. You are outraged because the President of the United States does not have a flag in the background at a press conference. This is where you should be like, "Wow, I guess that's really not a big deal at all. Jeez, I feel like an idiot for getting upset about this. At least I can still go watch Fox News, they'll agree with me!"

I can't stop giggling as I type this, this is great stuff.

And to the person on the first page who said this is an impeachable offense... LOL! Go home.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So only 'supporters' can use the middle name Hussein? That's not very fair or rational. And if you just happen to disagree with Obama's policies, suddenly your Islamaphobic if you refer to him by his full name? But it's all good in the neighborhood if you support him?

Sounds kind of silly and double standard-ish to me.

That's like saying it's nifty fifty for Reps to refer to George as 'Dubya' but Dems cannot and it's mockery. Let's be reasonable instead of handing out accusations willy nilly. That takes away from the issue when we have to speak out against a valid concern if we cry wolf.

It's even in our Political Sniping rules that 'Hussein! Hussein! Hussein!' cannot be used to make a point. However, a simple reference to 'Barack Hussein Obama' is perfectly fair.

[edit on 5/28/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Originally posted by XyZeR
[sarcasm]No flag , how dare he....more proof he's a islamofascismosocialcommieterrorist lover/sarcasm]

Seriously, this is just silly..... a non issue. It's just a piece of cloth...

Edit: impeachable offense ? LMAO....

[edit on 28-5-2010 by XyZeR]

We have rules about "Manners and Decorum" on here and I'm gonna leave it at that.

Yes we do. What on Earth that has to dow ith the post you quoted I have no idea, though.

Are you trying to say you were offended by his/her post? If that be the case I recommend you toughen up and not be such a wimp.

To the person you quoted, I just don't think us Europeans will ever understand the American tendency to use their flag as a safety blanket. We think it's kind of imbecilic and idiotic.

Now, that's rude. True though.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wow. some of you really have a lot of time on your hands.

what's the next thread . . . obama hates apple pie? no no wait . . . he drives a japanese car?

either one is probably an impeachable offense.

around here.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Once again the right wing in this country will literally make crap up just so they can hate this the President just a little bit more.

Have you been in a cave the last 8 years? Seriously, whats with all of you developing serious amnesia?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Does this rule apply only to the continental US?

Cos oops someone forgot the flag outside number 10

Number 10 - addressing the press

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He's getting the public use to being a one world government. If i was american this would be a slap to the face, like lpowell said. Perhaps it was just a mistake, or there trying to tell us something.

Great find, great thread.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If the flag causes us to feel divided through its presence or through its absence, then perhaps it's time to reevaluate what its symbolism actually represents to us.

This is what I want to be reminded of when I look at the flag: We won't always know what is the right thing to do; nevertheless, we will pursue a future that is better for everyone, because it is what we choose to do. We don't know if we'll succeed, but we are intelligent, compassionate people, and we are good enough to try.
We have a dream, which is that united through this common ambition, our strengths will overcome our weaknesses.

I definitely don't want the flag to symbolize anything that would needlessly drive division between any of us.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Tearman]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So only 'supporters' can use the middle name Hussein? That's not very fair or rational. And if you just happen to disagree with Obama's policies, suddenly your Islamaphobic if you refer to him by his full name? But it's all good in the neighborhood if you support him?

Sounds kind of silly and double standard-ish to me

Have you ever heard any of his supporters use his middle name??? That is my point...they don't....only those trying to demonize him and make him out to be a scary person because he has a funny sounding name.

Do you ever hear MSNBC refer to him as "B. Hussein"??? I hear it often on Fox News...are you telling me they are using that is what he prefers to be called? Most don't even ever call him President Obama...but they sure make it a point to emphasize his middle name.

I'm not sure why you are pretending people that use his middle name are doing it for a specific negative reason...and not because they like the way it sounds or because it is what Obama prefers to be called.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beta.services
Are Americans really that brainwashed that they can only identify themselves by a flag?

How do you all manage to get through your days with no sense of self, and no sense of community. Only 'National Pride,' defined by a flag.

Perhaps if there was more of a for-the-people attitude, and less of for-the-state your country would be in much better shape.

Uncle Sam needed you. He took you. And he's never giving you back.
But at least he will unite you all under one flag.

Nah, some of us understand it's a divisive symbol.. a patch of colored cloth on a stick.. that obama is the elites useful clown undeserving of credibility or this much attention.. and at the end of the day; a tree is just a tree.

A metro-sexual dude reads a script on camera with no colored cloth dangling near by... almost like a TV drama, totally shocking..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words no American Flag during the Press

conference to me says a thousand words and no wreath being placed by the

foot of the tomb of the unknown soldier says a thousand words.

Here is the ultimate question are you for America or against America?

^Y^

[edit on 28-5-2010 by amari]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And again
Press Conference

Seems not the only one
Press Conference

And another
Press Conference

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Its only used for the "scary muslim" effect cheap shot though.

Thats why its dragged out, for "propaganda" purposes. If his middle name was Fred no one would use it at all.

How many times did you read George Herbert Walk Bush typed out in full on ATS?

By the way.... no flags...or no flags visible in the picture...?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Two final ones for giggles

Press conference

Press Conference

You might like to think on the angles used in all of the previous pictures

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qonscious
He's getting the public use to being a one world government. If i was american this would be a slap to the face, like lpowell said. Perhaps it was just a mistake, or there trying to tell us something.

Great find, great thread.

Or perhaps it doesn't really matter and the speech was actually about the OIL SPILL That's taking quite the toll on the gulf and the south.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join