It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
-Sabotage' behind India train crash
- Nepal on brink of political crisis
- Obama defends oil spill response
- US base to stay on Okinawa
- Tensions rise over Gaza aid fleet
- US unveils new security strategy
- Dubai unit seeks debt push-back
- Jamaica 'drug lord' eludes capture
- Bashir begins new Sudan term
- Florida Keys hit by oil threat
- Poverty key issue in Colombia poll
- Israel's Gaza PR offensive
- Man convicted of rape, strangulation
- Behind the Scenes: Casualties of war
- Iraqi kids taunted on video
- Study: Empathy affected by race
- Pregnant at 47: Can I do that?
- Surfing's dirty little secret
- 'Idol': What you didn't see on TV
- PM's plaid shirt ugliest ever?
- Inside Jesse James' $7M home for sale
- Opinion: 'No idea' where oil is drifting
Originally posted by IamBoon
I really think it has to do with viable audience. They are appealing to different target audiences and I am sure with each topic the quality can slide either was to suit special vested interests.
Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Al Jizzonyoueara is a mouthpiece for Islamic Jihad and nothing more.
Originally posted by slank
Network news is insidious trash where every other story is propaganda & flat out lies, or just plain shallow glitzy 'infotainment'
Originally posted by vox2442
AJ, on the other hand, is a proper global news source. Their stories reflect what is actually going on in the world - regardless of who it might be important to. It's mandatory reading for anyone interested in current events (or should be), because very often they follow emerging stories for months before they become big enough to attract CNN's attention.
Like any other source, watch with a critical eye. Absolutely worth a daily read, though. Been my homepage for years.
Originally posted by Freedom or Death
I'm wary of all.
Al jazeera seems worthy of keeping tabs on though, unless they prove themselves otherwise.