It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star eating planet larger than Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Star eating planet larger than Jupiter

I just wanted to bring this to ATS Member's Attention

MODS If this a Double Thread Please remove thanks

Hubble space telescope images confirm a star is eating one of its close-in planets. The planet, called WASP-12b, has only about 10 million years left before the jumbo-sized world, cooking at 2,800 degrees in a tight orbit, is consumed by the star. "We see a huge cloud of material around the planet which is escaping and will be captured by the star. We have identified chemical elements never before seen on planets outside our own solar system," says observation team leader Carole Haswell of Great Britain's The Open University, in a statement.

The Source!!

content.usatoday.com...

from our own Star AKA SUN lately has been acting like a Vacuum cleaner
with the exception of Huge Comet ( Neat comet ) that was Swatted away by the Sun

Sun Swatting the Neat Comet!

and the one May 24th dives in the SUN! 3 days a go

STEREO, SOHO spacecraft catch comet diving into sun

esciencenews.com...

Solar physicists at the University of California, Berkeley, have captured for the first time the collision of a comet with the sun. Using instruments aboard NASA's twin STEREO spacecraft, four post-doctoral fellows at UC Berkeley's Space Sciences Laboratory were able to track the comet as it approached the sun and estimate an approximate time and place of impact. STEREO (Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory), launched in 2006, consists of identical spacecraft orbiting the sun, one ahead of Earth and one behind Earth, providing a stereo view of the sun.

Video: Kamikaze Comet Dives Into Sun’s Lower Atmosphere

Please go to the ATS Member thread below!!
www.wired.com...

Wired Science News for Your Neurons Previous post Next post Video: Kamikaze Comet Dives Into Sun’s Lower Atmosphere * By Betsy Mason Email Author * May 24, 2010 | * 8:03 pm | * Categories: Space * NASA’s twin sun-observing spacecraft tracked a comet further than ever before as it dove into the sun. The video above is a compilation of images from the two STEREO spacecraft that orbit with the Earth, one ahead of the planet and the other behind. The configuration allows for nearly full, continuous coverage of the sun, increasing the chance of witnessing something like the kamikaze comet that they spotted in March.

Hopefully Mercury will not be engulfed by the Sun like this Jupiter Size planet WASP-12b,
for a long time Planets Planet need more Planets! aka from return of the living dead brains brain need more brains ! is The Sun is Feeding itself! ?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Wolfenz] for Typos

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

A thread did already exist on it...mine

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

ok but the start of this thread is about the a Star eating a Planet the size of Jupiter! and what i put the same as you put in your own thread is to show the example of our Sun is eating Comets Lately !!! as this Sun is eating a Planet called Wasp12b Comparing the 2 with the artical i found and you found and as the Neat Comet was rejected as the Sun saying no thanks i take small bites! LOL !

but this Thread is about a STAR Engulfing a Planet are the Stars saying its feeding time

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here is a Video of it !!

Planet Eating Star Discovered (May 25, 2010)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Actually there are several threads on this, many posted before yours.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I didn't post a thread on WASP12B

4 Threads there that have nothing to do with what I posted, thanks.

[edit on 21/05/2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Clearly stars wait until their planets get good & fat before they eat them.

To Jupiter, please for the sake of children observers, keep an eye on that waistline, ok?

Thx.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

[edit on 25-5-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join