It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP owns Gulf Oilspill Airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
BP Now owns and is restricting access of airspace from the media.

"We are not at liberty to fly media, journalists, photographers, or scientists," the company said in a letter it sent on Tuesday to Sen. David Vitter (R-La.). "We strongly feel that the reason for this massive [temporary flight restriction] is that BP wants to control their exposure to the press."

Seems like BP really doesn't Want the media and even scientists over the gulf oil spill.

source treehugger
NewsWeek

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It has been an FAA no fly zone for over a month.

tfr.faa.gov...

Baka.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bakadesu

i didnt know.
i didnt see it posted in search function.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How far off the coast is this thing? I have been under the impression this entire time that this was in international waters, no? If it is in international waters, then I can't really see how ANYONE could tell you to keep away.

Maybe we should hire some Somali pirates to go get us some footage...those guys are ruthless

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well the Spill is still a few miles off the coast here in MS but this is the first I have heard about the restriction. I know you can still take a vessel out there. I may do just that this weekend. If I do I will shoot some video and if a "contractor" Tells me I can't let him try to stop me. I will be on a USCG Documented Vessel and I will have my 100 ton Captains license in hand.

I will have every right to traverse the waters. They are not closed to vessel traffic just fishing.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Coast Patrol is under BP command. Look at existing threads here on ATS. They threaten journalists with arrest...

top topics

join