It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl - 24 years on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

It is just that when i was walking to school/ college1 or 2 days after the event and on the same day the news leaked out ( which i did not see untill after studies , ) I passed the gpo which at the time was the telephone exchange , and I kid you not the 4 minute warning went off , every body just froze for a few seconds , this was about 8.15 in the morning , after a second everybody just went about there normal business , I was scared as well,being brought up on the daily news of build ups in east germany and ss20 vs cruise etc ,but wierdly I just carried on too after thinking should I go home..

I did some research in the last few years , and found out that indeed , this gpo was fitted with the warning system , I will find links giving the details of the system and how it worked, I also found out that the regional command centre ( nuclear shelter) was recently knocked down and just half a mile away at the most ,( the main centre ANCHOR was about 5 miles away..

I swear this is a true story .I have nothing to gain by making it up , I didnt really want to say what "it " was so as not to prejudice anything

Also in the years running up to this there was a mystery noise like a really deep thumping and whooshing at night in the area , it became quite well known as the mystery noise.,sort of through the ground?

The noise wasnt linked to chernobyl warning but it has just come back to me , I will ask my parents about the mystery noise.. , but i wonder if it was some type of construction underground?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Blimey, that’s fascinating stuff and probably worthy of a thread of its own...

I am definitely interested in what your parents have to say!

My father worked for the GPO (upper street sorting office) at that time... sadly he has passed on, but i will ask my mother if she remembers anything...

Thanks

<< 1   >>

join