It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-shore drilling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I pray that this oil spill does not give the lefties what they need to pass this bill on off shore drilling.
I mean the one good thing that could come out of this mess is more safety reg's, what not to do, how a better way to deal if it happens again.
Because banning off-shore(USA) drilling is bad for our economy"in the long run" and Many people would lose work.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

Because people have not lost work DUE to the off shore drilling...

On a more serious note...

This disaster will have two effects. More restrictions on drilling, and more safety precautions/clean up techniques.

That is the short run. In the long run, drilling will dramatically increase.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
I pray that this oil spill does not give the lefties what they need to pass this bill on off shore drilling.
I mean the one good thing that could come out of this mess is more safety reg's, what not to do, how a better way to deal if it happens again.
Because banning off-shore(USA) drilling is bad for our economy"in the long run" and Many people would lose work.

Pass what "bill"???? There is no pending bill banning deep water drilling. There doesn't need to be. The August sale of Golf and offshore Virginia leases has been cancelled. No permits will be issued pending the BP inquiry. Your fear for lost jobs is laughble in light of the thousands of already lost fishing jobs in the Gulf region.

join