It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Broken Leg, Trooper Makes Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
FREDERICK, Md. | Maryland State Police say a trooper who broke his leg during a foot chase still managed to make the arrest.

Trooper First Class Jeremy Tindal stopped a car Sunday evening for allegedly speeding on Interstate 270.

Police say that when 22-year-old passenger Daniel Famulare of Darnestown acted suspiciously, Tindal ordered him out for a pat-down.

Police say a plastic bag of drug paraphernalia fell from Famulare's pant leg and he took off running.

During a chase down an embankment, Tindal felt something pop in his left leg but managed to pull Famulare to the ground by his shirt.

Famulare was charged with drug offenses and resisting arrest. He remained behind bars Monday morning with bond set at $5,500.

Story Link Here

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I doubt anyone will ever say this trooper isn't dedicated. I give this trooper kudos for actually catching a suspect right after breaking his leg...

Secure

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Stich that criminal-you will never live that down!
Amazing what your brain chemicals can do when you really need to get things done in agonising circumstances.

Well done to the cop,hope he didn't do more damage to his leg in the process though.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I can't deny the arresting officer's strength and dedication, but it wasn't really an important arrest.

You could make a case that he wasnt even chasing a criminal. The guy had some drugs, who cares? I hope it was crack or something, if that was all over a little bit of weed, then i wish he woulda got away.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

That is what I call determination, I have respect for that police officer for making the arrest even after suffering a broken leg.

Fluke or not, it definitely is something to be proud of.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamecock
I can't deny the arresting officer's strength and dedication, but it wasn't really an important arrest.

You could make a case that he wasnt even chasing a criminal. The guy had some drugs, who cares? I hope it was crack or something, if that was all over a little bit of weed, then i wish he woulda got away.

I will have to find it but the video said it was crack and a crack pipe

Secure

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah, too bad he wasn't chasing a murderer or pedophile...no, it had to be the 22 year old kid getting high...doing the Lord's work for the state I tell ya. I don't agree with smoking crack, but locking him up isn't going to help.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

top topics

join