It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel Official: North Korea Is Bluffing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

U.S. Intel Official: North Korea Is Bluffing

www.newswee k.com

Despite all the recent huffing and puffing from Pyongyang, U.S. officials say they’ve seen little physical evidence that North Korea might actually be preparing to go to war.

Kim Jong-il publicly ordered his armed forces to get ready for military action, according to sources quoted in The Guardian. But two U.S. national security officials, asking for anonymity when discussing sensitive information, tell Declassified they’re not aware of any intelligence reporting on significant military mobilization or redeployments inside North Korea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There you have it all. Its just been the media hyping it up for war and whatever else it can be. I mean it can still be true still. But, I doubt it. The real question though, why are they been distracting us again and what they been up to? Besides making the world population live in more constant fears.

www.newswee k.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
one side of me says, do they need to move military assests around much when theyve been gearing up for war for years now?
while the other side says, lil' kimmy is just a kid throwing a fit and fears a war greatly...he may be crazy but he isnt stupid

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well considering NK has a temper tantrum very other month I'm inclined to agree with the official. Then again they did actually sink a ship this time (apparently).

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just remember, the justification to invade Afghanistan and Iraq turned out to be a pack of lies, so I doubt very much that Kim Jong Il's desires and plans have anything to do with whether or not their will be more war in Korea.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Already it appears their evidence is shaky at best... The torpedo they supposedly recovered appears to not match the drawing they presented as a N. Korean torpedo.
Are You Falling For it, Again?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
... so I doubt very much that Kim Jong Il's desires and plans have anything to do with whether or not their will be more war in Korea.

Agreed. Or as Alonzo would say ...

"Its not what you know, it's what you can prove."

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

All you have to do is read the pages here at ATS to get a clue.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hope this is all a bluff for attention. But remember all it takes is one tired, or incompetent, or angry general, private, politician, to turn this from a bluff to a shooting war.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I guess the Eurozone crisis is dying down so we can reel those threats back in till the markets look like they might crash again....
the release of the report stank, and this news equally smells of a massive game of find the lady

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

They are pushing the next reform bill through its stages very quickly, under our noses. Complete control of the masses is almost here!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I thought I'd seen something that I have to wonder if these guys are telling the truth or not about any movements by North Korea.
N.Korea deploys 50,000 soldiers to border: report

They just finished deploying additional troops to an already heavily militarized border. Not to mention the fact that N. Korea has been able to tunnel around the last 50 years and could easily have underground transport routes (if you can't kill enemy satellites, go where they can't see you).

The OP's article even says the artillery is stocked to do "serious damage", you can bet that the infantry and special forces are in the same shape.

Whether or not this is being set up or not, something is just wrong with the whole setup and it feels like the world has been pushed down a steep muddy slope. I'm not worrying right now about whether we fell down or were pushed, but how to deal with the slide down and try to stop it before hitting bottom.

top topics

join