It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Terror Watch for the Texas/Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow. What a good timing with Obama calling up 1200 National Guard soldiers to the Mexico borders.

This just proves that we should build a double layer fence between our and Mexico borders.

This is kinda scary on how easy that a terrorist can cross our border so dam easy.

Hopefully we will do something about our dam borders pretty soon.

www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I thought the feds were in favor of an open border policy with Mexico?

Can't have it both ways, can you?

All Mexicans are welcome to cross at will when and where they can find a way in, Somali terrorists must check in with border patrol and immigrations officers before crossing!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
These idiots have no idea what to do.
They only perform action when their hand is forced [thanks AZ]..I live in El Paso. The border violence that has spilled over here [the very, very little] is those whom are involved with the drug cartels that take sanctuary here in the USA. At least they believe it's sanctuary. Also, somebody said it earlier, 1,200 troops should correlate to, MAKE IT STRICTER TO GET IN AND EASIER TO GET KICKED OUT.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I posted this last week:
-------------
From Thread: All Georgia Guard and Reserve troops imminent/mobilzation

Heard about this on radio over the last couple days:

"A federal indictment issued this month in San Antonio accuses a Somali citizen smuggling hundreds of people into the U.S, including some with ties to an Al-Shabaab linked terrorist group.
Experts believe they, like Ali, are coming through Mexico to Texas, along well established human smuggling routes."

www.khou.com...

This in light of the handful of KNOWN thwarted terrorist attempts on US soil over the last several weeks. Always the possibility of many others public not aware of.

Then figure in these two recent tidbits of info released:

"America’s top intelligence official told lawmakers on Tuesday that Al Qaeda and its affiliates had made it a high priority to attempt a large-scale attack on American soil within the next six months."

www.nytimes.com...

And-
"I predict, based primarily on information that is floating in Europe and the Middle East, that an event is imminent and around the corner here in the United States. It could happen as soon as tomorrow, or it could happen in the next few months. Ninety days at the most."

"...mass transportation is the next attack"

www.foxnews.com...

------------

It's been all over news & news radio in the Houston area since last week.
Here's a brief, more recent article that sums up our situation:

unarmed National Guard won't deter drug smugglers or anyone else.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

[edit on 5/26/2010 by WashMoreFeet]

(sheesh, can i edit this post 5 billion more times??)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We should do the whole high voltage electricity fence, except the electricity in this fence will become stronger and stronger as your body approaches it. This method allows for a warning to be felt as the deadly fence is approached.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Lets try and look at this logically before going off the deep end, and start loading the Winchesters shall we?

Ask you self this, just how would a Somali terrorist type get from Somalia to Mexico.

Its not like he can just jump a cruise ship of the horn of Africa.

So he / she would have to fly. To get into Mexico, from there he would have had to pass through Europe first.

So how did they get a visa for there. OK Lets say he has a fake passport. and depart from Ethiopia or somewhere like that. He still has to pass immigration in Europe. which is not an easy thing.

OK next step Getting from Europe to Mexico. 2 routes. Direct to Mexico City (only option from LHR, LGW, CDG, FRA, or AMS) all of which are on high terrorist alerts, so again would have to dupe the authorities

OR he had to pass through the US, but why pass through the US to get to Mexico, just to come back over through the desert!!??? maybe he had to make use of the camel he packed!!

OK so lets assume that he gets into Mexico City. with a fake passport from a country that does not require a pre applied visa for entry. that would be another failure of the hard ass immigration guys from the INM ( I know them well)

So he drags his butt on a 2 day bus journey from MEX to Lets say Chihuahua. And then has to walk across the border. anyone got a map and compass?? or would you infer that he has help. Maybe from the Catels!!!! WOOOOOOOOO

Hmmm All a little improbable. We all know that the Terrorists come in to attack the US from Mexico was a scare tactic used by the Bush government to keep everyone on edge, so why fall for it again??

Can you say diversion tactic??? If I was you I would be watching the small print on page 5 of the papers whilst all this is going on. Becuase it is obvious that this is cover for something else. And you lot here in ATS should now better!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

In 2009 Customs and Border Protection arrested 52,000 illegal entrants from countries other than Mexico, known as “OTM’s,” including from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

Fifty-two THOUSAND souls tryin' to get up in here. And that's just the caught ones, y'all. Personally, I could care less what their particular mode of transportation is to the border. The fact is, they're gettin' there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

But yet no one is watching the much bigger border to the North!!????

This just suggests to me that people are concentrating on this for one reason alone, and it has nothing to do with anti terrorist activities.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Besides, 1,200 soldiers are not enough to do more than serve as a publicity stunt. 12,000 would not be enough.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The 52-thou is the total for 2009, period. Which means Canadian & Mexican borders.
if you were a person from Somalia or Afghanistan and were on a covert mission to enter the U.S., which Country do you honestly & strategically think you'd have the best probability of blending in? I'm dead serious. That's an honest question and I sat here for 5 minutes pondering how to word my previous statement without making the PC people go off the deep end.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

I dont gove an arse about being PC a spade is a spade and a PC is a computer. But I like to look at things logically.

You know that Somalis are Black African, And "other ethnicities" in Mexico which who are not "Latino" in all it's forms constitute less than 1% of the population - wikipedia

So don't give me that he could blend in bollox. he would have a better chance of getting of "blending in" just getting off any international flight in any US city, without going through the hassle of crossing the desert.

Even if he was of Arabic / Persian descent (which like blacks in Mexico makes up a very very small proportion of the population (less than 15% of the population when shared with 8 other black ethnic groups)). (and not all Islamic countries like to be called Arabs or Persians cos they ain't) so lets say East Asian looking.

I have Never and I Mean NEVER seen any Mexican or Latin American, Whether Indigeno or mestizo who could pass for an East Asian or vice-versa. Just because they have (but not necessarily) dark skin, eyes and hair. That really is a ridiculous statement to make.

But lets take you stance for a second. Are you saying that looking Latino helps them cross the illegally border more easily?? because they blend in. or maybe they can play along when caught.

Aye aye aye Habib!! Naaa maaan I is from de Pueblo infadel! I am ere for de home depot work inshallah! Wha/???? serious!

if that's the case, All you white Americans look just like Russians! so you must all be mafia criminals! hell why not, you're corrupt enough.

[edit on 26/505/1010 by JakiusFogg]

[edit on 26/505/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Now here is the main problem that I have with this political action that the president has just decided to take, and believe me it is a political action, not for the protection of the US citizens. Now there is about 2000 miles of border between the US and Mexico. Do we really think that 1200 national guard troops are going to really have any sort of impact on the immigration issue? And just what exactly will be their job? Will they have the power to apprehend, stop, detain and turn back any illegale immigrants that is crossing the boarder? Or are they there to just be back up for the Boarder Patrol that is already stretched thin and have rules that those crossing the borders illegally do not follow? If you consider, and this is the State of Arizona's boarder, a majority goes through national parks and wildlife refuges. There are 2 fences, well they can stop a vehicle but that is about it. One is suppose to keep illegale immigrants out, course who is going to be stopped by a fence that you can either crawl under or hop over and the other is to prevent the border patrol from giving chase via a vehicle, has to be on horse back or on foot. So that too is part of the problem with securing the border. Now if they were going to go down there and build a fence, putting several rows of razor wire out along with it on our side of the boarder and electrify it, then it would be a definate action. But this, is just to get the people to shut up and calm down, that is all it is for.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So 52,000 others, besides the latinos. Storming the breach of fortress USA.

Scary isn't it.

Makes you want to lock youself in your house and not go out.

Hope the gov will do all they can to stop the endless tide of this foreign hoards ramming on every border, as port of entry.

makes you want to watch for more news on this, from the likes of Fox and NBC. becuase they have the answers.

Your way of life is under threat from those who want to see the new islamic republic of Americanistan.

I thought this place was about exposing this propaganda?? and seeing thisgs for what they really are.

I have a great idea that will stop illegal immigration.

Are you ready.

Embrace the NWO!!! one world government for all.

Personally I can't wait!

Ooooooooooohhh now THAT's not PC!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
HOMELAND SECURITY ALERT: Terror suspect may be headed to Texas through Mexico

w/ video included (original):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey, it's easy to do a search...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Let's look at this terrorist organization

Seems Canada has some problems with the same group.

Investigating Jihadist Recruitment on Both Sides of the Border

Al-Shabaab recruitment appears to be growing in Canada, too. Five Somali men in their mid-20s disappeared from the Toronto area between September and November, spurring anxiety among Somali Canadians and triggering investigations by authorities. The first to leave the country was 22-year-old Ahmed Elmi, who vanished in early September. He called his parents a month later to say he was in Kismayo - a Somali city controlled by al-Shabaab. Canadian officials have expressed concern that 20 or more people may have left the country to join al-Shabaab.

www.investigativeproject.org...

Recruitment in Canada. Doesn't it make it possible this group could come in through Northern Border as well?

Canadian Minister of Public Safety Vic Toews specified, “The Government is taking this step to help protect Canadian families from the activities of this organization. The Government received reports from the Somali community that al-Shabaab has attempted to radicalize and recruit young Canadians. The listing of al-Shabaab will help the Government of Canada to better support the Somali community of Canada.” [2]

raffaellopantucci.wordpress.com...

This was declared a Hoax but still interesting that the US feared Somali terrorists from Canada.

As the clock ticked down to the inauguration of Barack Obama, the RCMP was investigating urgent, high-level U.S. fears that Somali extremists from Canada were poised for a spectacular attack on the historic ceremony, the Ottawa Citizen has learned.

www.ottawacitizen.com...

The San Antonio Indictment. This guy was picked up in 2008. Why has it taken two years to find out all of the information that is being claimed?

The alert was issued after federal prosecutors added new charges earlier this month against Dhakane, a Somali man who had been picked up in Texas in 2008.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

According to the indictment, Dhakane failed to disclose that he was a member or associate of the al-Barakat financial transfer network and Al-Ittihad al-Islami, or the Islamic Union, which wants to impose Islamic law in Somalia. Both are on the Treasury Department's list of global terrorist groups with links to al-Qaida, according to the indictment.

The indictment also alleges that Dhakane lied about his movements before entering the United States in March 2008, that he "participated in and later ran a large-scale smuggling enterprise out of Brazil" that smuggled hundreds of people, mostly East Africans, into the United States. Among those smuggled, according to the indictment, were several Somalis affiliated with Al-Ittihad al-Islami.

www.cbsnews.com...

The indictment, returned yesterday and unsealed this afternoon, alleges that on October 28, 2008, the defendant falsely omitted on an application for asylum that from a time prior to September 11, 2001, until January 2003, he was a member of, or was associated with, al-Barakat and Al-Ittihad Al-Islami (AIAI). Both organizations have been designated by the Department of Treasury pursuant to Executive Order 13224 as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT).

sanantonio.fbi.gov...

This is the Virgina case alleging smuggling of Somalis. Is this related to the San Antonio case or is it a different case?

According to court documents, Tracy helped the Somalis move to the United States by getting them travel visas to Cuba through contacts he had at the Cuban Embassy in Kenya. The Somalis are believed to have entered the Untied States through the border with Mexico after making a circuitous trip from Kenya to Dubai to Moscow to Cuba to South America then to Mexico and northward, Eyre testified.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

US can't find the Somalis that were smuggled in.

Authorities are searching for 270 Somalis believed to have entered the U.S. illegally with the help of a Virginia man who admitted contacts with an Islamic terrorist group.

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent said his agency had yet to locate any of the suspected illegal immigrants.

I thought Mexico didn't have a problem with illegals in their country.

Worse, Tracy has admitted he had contacts with al Shabaab, an Islamic terrorist group in Somalis that is openly allied with al Qaeda. The problem here is that the government has not been able to find any of these Somalis. Unless they can find some of them, the courts threaten to release Tracy from custody. The Cubans are not cooperating either. Apparently the other evidence the government has is not that strong, and the judge in the case apparently believes that Tracy is making stuff up. While the Mexican border has long been seen as a likely place for Islamic terrorists to enter the country, little evidence of that ever happening has been unearthed. But Mexico has caught Somalis sneaking into Mexico, and it is believed that some of these Somalis evaded Mexican police and got across the border into the United States.

www.strategypage.com...

Cuba seems to play a connection in both cases. If a Somali can get a visa to get into CUBA, how does he end up in Mexico or South America? I would think that Cuba would be a stricter country when it comes to the movement of foreigners within their country.

Tracy admitted that
he would help the aliens by providing and manufacturing fake documents that are required
to obtain Cuban visas, such as bank statements reflecting residency in Kenya for
approximately 6 months, hotel accommodations in Cuba, and round trip airline tickets.

PDF file

What is the current policy of US deportation for people from Somalia? Somalia really doesn't have a government.

“At the moment, it's almost impossible for someone to be returned there,” said Jonathan Ryan, executive director of San Antonio's RAICES, the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services. “Since there is effectively no government in Somalia, there is no ability to create travel documents ... If (U.S. officials) deem a person a security risk, indefinite detention can happen.”

www.mysanantonio.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They've left the boarders open ever since 9/11 knowing how easy it would be for a terrorist to come in from Mexico.

They didn't do anything about it, yet established a complete police state on their own citizens.

If there is a terrorist attack because of this anyone who ignored the public outcry to protect the border should be imprisoned for life!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by coddon88

This is kinda scary on how easy that a terrorist can cross our border so dam easy.

Yep. Pretty scary.
Remember that time when the 9/11 terrorists crossed through the Canadian border?
Both borders must be secured.

LOL I bet that the National Guard will be sent to the border to make sure that drugs crossing over will arrive securely into American territory.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by haika]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by coddon88

www.foxnews.com

The Department of Homeland Security is alerting Texas authorities to be on the lookout for a suspected member of the Somalia-based Al Shabaab terrorist group who might be attempting to travel to the U.S. through Mexico, a security expert who has seen the memo tells FOXNews.com.

Get ready folks for another 911 brought to you byyyyyyyyy THE FEDS !!!!!!!!!

top topics

join