It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing, Floating "Crucifix" 25/05/10

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
I see a reflection in the water as well. It isn't a wet version of the image in the sky, but the glow from it is showing in the water.

I believe that's just an optical illusion. The "cross" just happens to be lined up with a space between trees that is reflected in the water. When you remove the object you can see that there are a number of similar reflections on the water, none of them bright enough to be something shining like the moon in the distant sky.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Is that white dot the moon? To me it looks like a speck of flying dust too close to the lens of the camera.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
reply to post by draknoir2

Is that white dot the moon? To me it looks like a speck of flying dust too close to the lens of the camera.

It's either a close dust speck or bug in the flash or a "spirit orb", depending on whether you're a fan of Ghost Hunters. Nearly every flash photo I've taken in the garage has at least one of those.

No, I wasn't saying it was the moon... just that the apparent brightness of the bug-cross, were it actually a distant luminous object, would be comparable to that of the moon and would therefore cast a bright reflection off the water.

You can also see a brighter illuminated speck to the right, probably a bug a few feet further from the camera than the fuzzy "orb".

[edit on 27-5-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That photo link did not have the pic you show in the forum.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmrmikee
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That photo link did not have the pic you show in the forum.

I know. It's a link to another photo of the location on google maps.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I've been convinced it is an insect caught in the flash

top topics

<< 1   >>

join