It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing, Floating "Crucifix" 25/05/10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I went for a walk to a place called "Port Meadow" in Oxford (UK) yesterday evening. It was just before we went to the pub, so I guess it was around 9-10pm. My girlfriend took some pictures of me and the surrounding countryside and the river.

Today, she uploaded them onto Facebook. I checked them out and noticed a couple of strange objects on one of the photos.

WHAT THE HELL is that glowing crucifix object that is apparently floating above the trees?! I don't think it is attached to a building as I have been in that area many times in the past (also at night) and I have never noticed a glowing crucifix!

The village is called Binsey. It dates from the 12th century, and contains nine 'listed' buildings. Here is a view from Google maps, taken on the footbridge across the river (you can see the footbridge on the right side of my photograph). No "crucifixes" to be seen.

That spherical object to the right of the tree I'm sure is not the moon. The moon was behind us to the left at the time of this photo. I don't know what this object is. An insect?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know the area extremely well.

I may be wrong, but is that not a Pub Sign saying the Trout - it is hanging on the opposite side of the road in the area between the entry and exit lane to the pub car park? The sign is lit.

Who's your GF, I may know her? :-)

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Maybe it is a transformer on a power line exploding. There seems to be sparks and wires under the "cross". The other appears to be a dust speck or a drop of rain or something. It could be a ghost orb. It is said that some ghosts take the form of an orb of light. But many people have captured these in photos, so it is actually very common to see a speck like that.

Of course, it may be something super natural, you never know. It is an interesting picture anyway. Did you have any interesting thoughts, experiences, memories or feelings as this was taken? What does the picture mean to you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The flying "crucifix" is a flying bug caught in your flash, it actually looks like it is maybe 10 feet in front of the camera, the sphere could be a suspended dust particle.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
I know the area extremely well.

I may be wrong, but is that not a Pub Sign saying the Trout - it is hanging on the opposite side of the road in the area between the entry and exit lane to the pub car park? The sign is lit.

Who's your GF, I may know her? :-)

"The Trout" is miles away from this location. The only pub nearby is the "Perch", but that is inland from the river to the right behind the boathouse (which you can see on the right side of the photo). And in any case I've never come across a pub with a sign that is a glowing crucifix!

My GF is from Manchester, she was visiting for a few days. I live in Oxford, about two miles from where this photo was taken.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Now that I really look at it, it looks like a grasshopper flying straight up, wings outstretched, and back legs hanging downward. It is very white because it is caught in the flash.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Godstow is a magical place... This not being far from there I will give you the benefit of the doubt, very interesting. Which direction is that shape in or what other area might it be over? If you can provide a Google Earth location it would be cool, especially if this is in the direction of the Godstow nunnery

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by veiledvisitor
Of course, it may be something super natural, you never know. It is an interesting picture anyway. Did you have any interesting thoughts, experiences, memories or feelings as this was taken? What does the picture mean to you?

Well I didn't take the photo. Can't say I felt anything strange, although it can be a very spooky area at night. I think there are a few extremely old churches nearby.

This is another photo, with more little balls of light things. Maybe they are just insects, I don't know.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by veiledvisitor

Well I didn't take the photo. Can't say I felt anything strange, although it can be a very spooky area at night. I think there are a few extremely old churches nearby.

This is another photo, with more little balls of light things. Maybe they are just insects, I don't know.

Were you using flash with these pictures?

If so, then it would be interesting to see if you could get similar results without flash. For now it seems like it's the flash reflecting off of dust, insects and other matter close to the camera, but if there was no flash and spmething was glowing like that, then it would be more mysterious.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
The flying "crucifix" is a flying bug caught in your flash, it actually looks like it is maybe 10 feet in front of the camera, the sphere could be a suspended dust particle.

Yeah, I think you're probably correct. I've just noticed there's no reflection of the object on the water.

It's just a strange bug, coincidentally caught in a Jesus pose!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5756b6b55a4.jpg[/atsimg]

Could be a bug...

Or it could be an interstellar traveler with a sombrero and a suitcase!

I see both...

Those are some nice shots, btw.

[edit on 5/26/10 by Tharsis]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5756b6b55a4.jpg[/atsimg]

Could be a bug...

Or it could be an interstellar traveler with a sombrero and a suitcase!

I see both...

Those are some nice shots, btw.

[edit on 5/26/10 by Tharsis]

definitely a visitor with a sombrero.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
now that is interesting. you could of got a snapshot of a spirit. It is possible to do such things.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That's my flying Mexican suitcase Pokemon!

I was looking for him.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Classic bug ruining a shot. My Wife is a Pro and I shoot about ten thousand shots a year myself. You delete those unless you like the bugs.

The worst are when you get a bumble bee in a shot that you did not notice right in the middle of really good wildlife shot.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

If this was true, then why is there a reflection of the image in the water?
FAIL.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

There isn't a reflection of the object in the water as far as I can see.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i live in Oxford but I'm not too familar with Port Meadow. Could you tell me exactly where you took this (google maps or something)?

I would quite like to have a look myself although I do agree that it looks like it's before the water (a bug caught in the flash).

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I see a reflection in the water as well. It isn't a wet version of the image in the sky, but the glow from it is showing in the water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join