It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rumours of impending apocalypse jolt Iranian capital"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wierd article, right on the front page of yahoo! news. Seems people here are ATS aren't the only ones getting a little nervous lately.
I've never really heard of "apocalypse rumors/fears" effecting a whole country like this before. Not really sure what else to say, just check it out.

"Rumours of impending apocalypse jolt Iranian capital"
news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040608/sc_afp/iran_quake_040608045331

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Skinnyb]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

One local press agency then reassured people by claiming there would not be another earthquake within three days. And the pundits are now expecting the worst to come on Tuesday, June 8.

everyone seems to have their June 8th fears, thankfully the day is almost over

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!! after this day. I wonder what is coming next, I see the events in Iran as just natural disasters, just like the tornadoes here in US.
I am not even worry

XL5

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hmmm whats next? In A.D. 2101 there will be a great war in space, will need many zig for great justice.

As marg6043 said: I am not even worry....Jk marg.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's a shame that America doesn't help Iran with this. The San Andreas fault in california is overdue for a good shake. Major quakes have been working their way down the fault ever since the big one that wrecked San Francisco a long time ago.
There is a rumor that the USGS and the military have teamed up to relieve stress on the faults by setting off large explosions in series, essentially causing mini-quakes to prevent big ones later. Does anyone know more about this?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can almost understand that if the Iranian people think they are possibly Bush's next target.

As Spike Milligan once said 'Armageddon outa here !!!'

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Actually half way across the Atlantic Ocean it is already June 9th. Time is fading fast for anything to happen to the rest of the world on the 8th. That day has already come and gone for the middle east.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
www.terradaily.com...

"New quake jolts mountains north of Tehran

TEHRAN (AFP) Jun 07, 2004
A fresh earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale hit the mountains north of Tehran Monday, just over a week after a quake in the region left 35 dead and hundreds injured.
The Geophysics Institute of Tehran University said it registered the mild tremor at 8:31 am (0401 GMT), with the epicenter near the mountain town of Baladeh.

According to the official news agency IRNA, there were no immediate reports of casualties or serious damage.

Since May 28, when a quake measuring between 5.5 and 6.1 on the Richter scale hit the Elburz mountain range, some 297 aftershocks have been registered here, many of them felt in the capital itself."

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

TextThe San Andreas fault in california is overdue for a good shake.

I was in 29 palms when the big bear earthquake and it was not funny, we went to see the Landers fall and it was wide enough to walk in it.

I got panic attacks for a while after the two earthquakes and the house were we where living at the moment was severely damage (it was base housing) so we got relocated to another house. I will never forget that experience and the acrid smell of sulfur. And the after shocks when for ever.
I never though about doomsday or end of the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Textbook Yahoo reporting there, I love this comment so much it's nearly enough to make me want to become a hack!.....

"...an earthquake measuring up to 6.1 on the Richter scale jolted the mountains to the north of the shoddy, sprawling city..."

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
*looks himself up and down*

Nope, still alive.

Yet more horse#

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
*looks himself up and down*
Nope, still alive.

THAT's a matter of opinion!

Alas, The Nerd sums it up perfectly... Horse Hockey...

m...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Bad wording on the article, there. It's not that they're afraid of an apocalypse (in the sense that the religious Christians would define it), but rather that they're afraid of another earthquake (this is one of the most seismically active areas in the world and that they (like a LOT of other people) tend to listen to melodramatic rumors.

In areas where the education level is low and access to information is poor, they can easily be panicked by someone showing up and claiming to have special knowledge that the government will do this or that or that planets are going to do this or that or that psychic forces will...

You get the idea. We see this a lot on Internet as well.

top topics

join