It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are free!! They are leaving us!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Here is a little tip on how to maintain your popularity at ATS.

First rule. Always go with the flo. Don't ever go against the grain and post your actual thoughts because in reality people don't want to know what you think, they just want you to agree with what they think.

Second rule. Never challenge the status quo. Peoples egos are too entrained to think they are right all the time. The people who say they are enlightened are the hardest to convince they might not know it all because well they think they know it all. Hence why they think their enlightened.

Third and my final rule. Always pretend that there is no negative aspects to life. Ignore the fact that there is a harmony and ballance that has existed since creation and pretend that you can improve on it by only focusing on the positive. Also make sure you never speak about how even negative serves a purpose and that in the overall scheme nothing is negative or positive it is only human perception of such things that label them so.

So remember these guidlines and you will be the prom king or queen of ATS.

It's actually quite amusing to watch people bitch and moan about how intollerant the masses are to fringe ideas and in the same breath denounce an idea they either don't like or don't get. God it seems does indeed have a sense of humour.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by rick1
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I agree with you. I think they are still living off the system in many ways. Someone who has left the system completely has accomplished a personal dream. They are at peace.
People here who say they don't live off the system are angry and critical. Their posts are
negative rather than positive. It doesn't make sense. If I had accomplished a life long dream my attitude would be positive,peaceful,and helpful to others.

You are exactly right. The vibrations of some here are very much still focused on the 'self'. And in the same breath..they say they rid of their ego.

Ego...is something we cant rid of totally, nor want to. For it is something we can nurture to be a healthy tool...it is how we 'know' something.

Someone told me once...a healthy ego is when you can look at life and all of the things that have happened to you...and not hold any anger, regrets, or hate to any of it. The reason is...because you have learned to cherish all the things that have molded you and shaped you to who ever you are today. You have learned to see that the good and bad, happy and sad....taught you who you are and what you want to be. You then dont wish for any of your pasts to of been different...for if it was...that changes then who you are in the 'now'.

To sum it up...when you accept the past for what it is...and cherish it for what it was...you have matured. Taking this to your present, you are more aware of your affect onto others around you, your affect onto the environment and world around you, you see and understand....how every person and moment can influence someone and their future and the being that they are.

Trying to find the light in even the darkest of souls is not so easy...shining your own light and only worrying about your own light...is much easier.

Hey, I really like what you have to say here and I will refer you to my previous post a few pages ago as I went into depth on the illusion of 'self' and 'ego'. I would like to add a few things to this though.

'Ego' is an illusion of the 'Self', so unlike as you have stated, what we 'Know' does not evolve out of the 'Ego', but rather the 'Ego' is established out of the 'Self' and the 'Self' is established from what we 'Know'. Further, what we 'Know' is established from our 'Experiences'. This gets tricky tho because our 'Self' also allows us to distinguish, name and categorize our 'Experiences' as things we 'Know'. So to simplify: Experience > Knowing > Self > Ego is the process but when the 'Self' or 'Ego' is present in the equation, then what we 'Know' can also become misguided or an illusion, leaving our 'Experiences' as the only pure thing. This is why the 'Self' and especially the 'Ego' are always considered as false or as illusions.

Understanding this, we can then go back and use the Four Errors, as I listed in my previous post, to classify and distinguish our experiences and see if what we 'Know' is either: pure or impure, immediately leading to suffering or not, supporting the aspects of the path to "liberation" or not, and if there is need to either remove or transform what we 'Know'. If done correctly, this leads to 'Wisdom'(different from Knowledge), which is the main part of many that leads to the path to "Nirvana" or Buddha Enlightenment (End of Suffering).

Of course this is all what I have learned from others teachings and have not achieved this myself, but as was also stated in my previous post, "Enlightenment can never be realized by the self, because the path to a Buddha like level of enlightenment is gained through the realization of SELF as an illusion." which I have yet to fully realize.

"The difference between opinion and knowledge, is vast like the ocean."

Maybe that can help others understand that freedom or liberation cannot be found in the external world, and most definite not amongst our current society. Not saying you have to quit your jobs and "live off the grid" to not be miserable, but again, true freedom and liberation cannot be found while "living on the grid" because the "grid" is the external world. So now everybody play nice... and help each other.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rick1

No, cavemen did not have grocery stores. I have no idea where you got that from but that makes no sense of any kind and is completely ridiculous that you even say such a thing.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't really mean that.

Your response to my statement to you seems as if I put you in a uncomfortable position. I never claimed to know you or what you do. But it was very obvious, at least by your question, you think it impossible to live in this world without the hand of a government to hold yours.

And let me state, honest farmers and merchants who grow crops and make goods and sell them at marketplaces and such is one thing, but your Albertsons or Supervalu or Costco store is another. That is what I mean when I say supermarket. I meant it in terms of corporations.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Enigami]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

If you believe in mortality, then I guess I can see what you're saying. In the end, you're going to get and see exactly what you expect. Don't fool yourself into convincing me that I am going to experience the same.

If you still got some 'get up and go" left in you, then more power to you in the cotton fields. But in one of your lives, when you've decided it's enough, you will see what I'm talking about.

well said. Thank you & I learned a lot from your post. We should also remember that people often knowingly or unintentionally drain other people's personal energy by convincing or forcing others to think like them. It's called propaganda.

I don't think its accurate to say that everyone & everything goes through reincarnation cycles. After all, energy can't be created or destroyed. That means our souls can never really evolve or gain enlightenment from what it originally was unless more energy were to be added from elsewhere. For example, a few out of millions of cells in my body could have gained their soul energy from various types of primitive bacteria with really small, limited, & survival-instinct (ego) based souls that later evolved, mutated, reproduced, died and/or were metabolized by other life forms. But obviously more parts in my body belong to larger and newer organisms that ate & metablized (meat, plant life, small bacteria, & other smaller organisms). This could mean even once I get rid of my ego, it can come back repititively everytime I eat or drink anything because they almost all have of organic protein, carbohydrates, and also many types of germs/bacteria in them.

In the end, things that were never any more conscious or spiritually aware than the physical components in our biology and/or the organic protein, carbohydrates, and germs that get metabolized into becoming muscle tissue everyday (rather than going down the sewers as fecal matter and pee or being exhaled as carbon-dioxide) shouldn't be considered "souls" any more than mere survival ensuring, food gathering, money/wealth-acquiring, reputation preserving, & reproductive faculties of our lower chakras.

Also, any human being, alien or astral entity could choose be so limited to their ego that many natural germs, bacteria, insects, animals, & other organisms around them remain more conscious & spiritually aware than them. So its a matter of what we consume as food or what ends up eating us. Maybe even the organ transplants we receive can influence the soul-energy within us. Except we should remember there are things that we cannot digest & can kill us.

Edited to add: anyone can keep haunting us as ghosts & continue to reincarnate repititively to do the same things everytime by preaching us & convincing us to believe that they have a whole soul and will see us in the near future. This way, reincarnating wil be always as easy as fearmongering & draining soul energy form other creatures.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by killyou]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

You did not put me in an uncomfortable position at all. I like most people do not appreciate being talked down to.
Once again you claim to know me with silly statements. You say I don't know how to live in this world without government holding my hand. Tell me and everyone here just exactly
how govt. holds my hand. I will be really interested to hear this since you don't have one
clue about who I am or what I do. But please go ahead Tell me in detail how govt. holds
my hand. I could use a good laugh.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I like what you say. Thanks for your reply!

Enlightenment is something I dont worry about...but I do know I am learning more about myself, other selves, and how we are ONE....every day. I do think I have learned some very important things that I once did not know...such as you are another self to me, and I you. This doesn't enlighten me...but it is something that I learned through my personal path of seeking. I have learned that love can conquer all things....I have learned the difference between a path of self and a path lived for other selves. Truth is truly for the eyes of the observer...for I can not expect anyone to pick up my words as a truth and they should not, unless they experience something on their own path that allows this to become their own truth.

I caution anyone to think that they have it all figured out. For we can only figure what we are ready for. Being able to look at ourselves and see what we are trying to avoid, hide from, or not look at....is a tough one. But there is something to figure out....from the things we wish to avoid. All things serve a purpose. Even the paths of the ones that have hurt you, hurt others, hurt the world.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I feel me and my ego person know nothing, but my higher self who is in charge knows exactly how to guide me in the right direction and protect me, so it dosen't matter how much I know, just matters to go with the flow and trust the big picture..

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

My goodness, you are not understanding what I am saying. You are just getting jumpy and upset and trying to be smart when again, I said your question made you seem you need the government. I didn't accuse you of so, just stated you made yourself seem that way. I'm not trying to get into a silly war of words with you. So please, give it up. Just like you said you have an idea as to who I am from my statement, your doing the same with yours. Ease up.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I feel me and my ego person know nothing, but my higher self who is in charge knows exactly how to guide me in the right direction and protect me, so it dosen't matter how much I know, just matters to go with the flow and trust the big picture..

Your higher self is nothing more than a slave master, break free from their grasp. They came to us as gods and we accepted them, they lied and now, we as humans are being used for our emotional energy. Achieving "oneness" is being devoured by the entity at the top of this spiritual pyramid scheme. We will lose all identity and become nothing if we keep repeating their cycle.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Your higher self is nothing more than a slave master, break free from their grasp. They came to us as gods and we accepted them, they lied and now, we as humans are being used for our emotional energy. Achieving "oneness" is being devoured by the entity at the top of this spiritual pyramid scheme. We will lose all identity and become nothing if we keep repeating their cycle.....

Well, where is your proof of this??

This is your belief or opinon, but not mine...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think that 'higher selves' still allow us to hold on to individual selves. This may not be a bd thing per say....but for me I feel that there is a Spirit of life...a prime higher self that is within all of us and is a cord that we all come from and can connect to.

I call it the Holy Spirit...which allows me to not see myself as separate from others. When venturing the higher self path...I still saw a separation amongst life...and for me, I had to over come that separation to see a Divine purpose. I saw a self purpose through a higher self...but to find a more purpose of unity, Universal....I had to go deeper within, past the higher self of me...and find the thread that we all have in common.

So hard to explain, sense all of those words are just of our human understanding of them.

The Holy Spirit within me...is the same within you...and within all...ect.

Higher selves seem to still hold some walls of separation amongst us all. Just sharing thoughts.

Edit to add...I still learn from both...the Holy Spirit seems to offer pearls that only are for the well being of Universal means and objectives and we all are always in need of working on the self. So a higher self is still always something we will use just the same.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

Just want to say I love your avatar....Im thinking it would make a great tattoo and have been looking for something of its nature for such an idea. Very beautiful!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Enjoy your belief, ask your spirit guide. I'm sure they will comfort you well. Its all novocaine for the soul, you are comfortably numb lol!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

Enjoy your belief, ask your spirit guide. I'm sure they will comfort you well. Its all novocaine for the soul, you are comfortably numb lol!

I don't have "spirit guides", just intuition etc, but I am blocking you because I feel you just popped in to try to drain my energy, so hello and goodbye...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

LOL! Obviously peace and understanding has not been taught to you by your higher self. Enjoy your slumber....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Thank you very much!! Its funny you should say that because I found that design while searching for ideas for a tattoo also! I wanted to get the image of Gaea and there are so many to be found, but I loved this one and plan on getting it on my forearm. Thanks for the comment and would love to see a pic of it if you ever get the tattoo!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

Nothing worse than someone who doesn't stand behind what they say. Here is some of what you said. "You have never truly worked for what you need."
"I doubt you ever worked to plant and grow your own food or build your own shelter."
"find your own water"
"But I'm also sure that just sounds ludicrous to a ROBOT as yourself.
And you don't want sto get in to a war of words huh? Just blast someone you don't know
and then you want to walk away or say Oh that's not what I meant.
Just think if the first words I ever posted to you were what you posted to me.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rick1

I stand by 100% of what I said. I am not sure why you seem to think otherwise. Again, seems as though I put you in an uncomfortable position and instead of trying pointing out why I am wrong about you, you just become defensive. You give the ol' "you don't know me" line and then go about telling me cavemen had grocery stores.

And when did I ever write what I originally wrote is not what I meant? Besides stating I meant supermarkets in terms of corporations? Again, your misinterpreting what I was saying because you are too busy feeling you are being pushed into a corner and becoming defensive.

You are trying way to hard, give it up already. Please don't waste your time on another reply, it will be pointless.

I'll just leave it up to the OP to answer your original question as I simply should have done in the first place.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Enigami]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
This message might be hard for some of you to believe, since the reality of your world seems so gloom and dim. Here's the news that I've retrieved from the global conscience of humanity!! ..........

Hi. This is my first time posting on a forum EVER so please bare with me if I make any newbie mistakes...

This is a bit random butI've been visiting ATS for a few months now but never bothered to join. I've just read your post and registered an account just to thank you for what you've shared.

This past year my life has completely changed and I think I've slowly started looking for Truth. These past few days I've especially felt as though I'm on the verge of a breakthru, like I'm Truely ready to Believe...if that makes any sense. Anyway, your post just hit me...especially that bit about your past lives (my boyfriend has been here for a very long time as well) and something's just 'clicked'. I just felt the need to let you know

Peace and best of luck on your journey...Keep posting!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think that we have very challenging and busy times ahead. Busy not in the sense that we have to continue striving to maintain a system of manipulation; no our beings have expanded beyond that. Busy in the sense that it has come the time for human beings to finally play their true role. We must create not only a new society or earth but from the ground up an entire universe... One thing I would like to stress. Nobody and nothing has to be left behind in this new adventure. As the OP says learning is remembering (even Plato said this a philosopher which pretty much wrote down everything everybody else was talking about). All we know is all that has ever been known. The evil we see are the flaws in our souls exposed. This is what we need to heal and nothing nobody needs to be left behind unless they will it so. I do not think that we are simply awakening into a utopia, no. We are awakening into our true potential and it is as dangerous as it is beautiful. I for one know that I am still making horrible mistakes too even amongst this beautiful energy. We set up our own obstacles. God if this entity exists I believe does not come to see us we are on the journey towards the light. Light is learning, awareness not bliss. The more light the more darkness you are aware of and this process I think will never end.

I wish Us all great journeys. Some of us who have awoken have a great responsibility to illuminate others not forcibly this is unproductive. The rest of us yet to choose awareness will only be moved by our actions and the manifestations of our creativity which blasphemous as it might sound to some is Godlike. We can do anything. They will not be moved by our words. So that is my addition to this great thread. Great challenges await do not be fooled that awareness is bliss and this awakening is instant Utopia. No we are up against our infinite souls here my friends. We are in for one wild ride. Stay sharp, stay focused, breath deep and taste freedom and peace for what they are intangible and always beyond reach. There will be those who oppose you only if you invite them to oppose you choose everything wisely as the common cliche goes... It is all depending on us. Damn right it is we are the creators we humans this is what we do this is why we experience. My heart goes out to you all. I really have hope that We can brave the storm. You know we have failed before... Atlantis... And don't go looking to blame someone the more we think of disaster the more we bring it on... Think about it all is fair in love and war but what do we really want to achieve? What is it we want to experience?

And take this snippet of a beautiful poem by Constantine Cavafy with you:

Ithaka:

Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
wild Poseidon—you won’t encounter them
unless you bring them along inside your soul,
unless your soul sets them up in front of you.

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join