It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Barbecue explodes after being covered too soon

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not sure if I've put this in the correct area.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

How stupid does someone have to be to pull this off, for God's sake
It only take common sense. Who in their right mind covers a barbecue when it's still hot. I feel really sorry for the neighbor. Imagine what he's reaction must have been




posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Better ban propane grills now. At least register them all and have their owners pass a gambit of tests and pay exorbitant fees to maintain their ownership of these "destructive devices."

I bet this Winter he dies trying to warm his home with a grill indoors.



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I bet this Winter he dies trying to warm his home with a grill indoors.


OMG - that was the funniest thing I've heard today
I just can't believe that someone can pull a stunt like this. Maybe he'll toast marshmallows in his living room this Winter too


[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Lol some people can be so dumb..



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

I bet this Winter he dies trying to warm his home with a grill indoors.


OMG - that was the funniest thing I've heard today
I just can't believe that someone can pull a stunt like this. Maybe he'll toast marshmallows in his living room this Winter too


[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]


Truth is stranger than fiction. This all happened when I was living in Charlotte NC.


2002

No doubt the biggest challenge for emergency workers came during Decembers ice storm that resulted in the largest number of power outages the area has experienced. Most of the area residents experienced a power outage for some time, many for as long as a week. Many of the people without power turned to alternate sources of heat in order to stay warm. The Hispanic community was especially vulnerable to CO exposure and a great effort was made to increase the Hispanic community's awareness of the risks of using charcoal and gas grills indoors. County and City Firefighters responded to over 367 carbon monoxide alarm calls between 12/4/ and 12/16. This being the single largest incident since the regulation went into effect.

December 16, 2002 - Emergency medical personnel and firefighters were called to the scene around 2 p.m. for a reported CO poisoning. Eight people were taken to the hospital for treatment.

December 9, 2002 - Mecklenburg Carbon Monoxide Death Officials reported Mecklenburg county's first carbon monoxide death Sunday morning. It happened at the Beacon Hill apartments off of South Boulevard. The victim was from West Africa. Investigators say she was burning charcoal inside her fireplace to keep warm.

www.charmeck.org...



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


I can understand people doing that in those kinds of conditions, happens all the time in townships in South Africa. But this nit was barbecuing outside, and he blows up part of his house, and damages part of his neighbours. That's just being a dumbass


Edit to add: Maybe he works for BP


[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek
 


I'm surprised that the cover didn't melt enough to let the heat out before the explosion. The dude was probably drunk if he couldn't feel the heat of the grill while covering it.

Dumb indeed!! This guy is now "that guy" in his neighborhood.



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by TortoiseKweek
 


I'm surprised that the cover didn't melt enough to let the heat out before the explosion. The dude was probably drunk if he couldn't feel the heat of the grill while covering it.

Dumb indeed!! This guy is now "that guy" in his neighborhood.


My thoughts exactly on the drinking. Probably hit the sauce hard, and that's going to be one hell of a costly drinking session. As for the cover, well I've seen some pretty durable ones here.

I don't think his insurance will cover this, never mind his neighbor's house



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is kind of scary really. Especially about the people using bbq grills indoors. I live in teh country, power goes out all the time. You can find a lot of items that would help you vent a fire outside.



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


When you say you live in the country, I have to assume South Africa not Canada? I come from SA, been here 3 years now and my family tells me the power outages there have become a frequent thing, load shedding etc. And you guys are being hit with heavy electricity bills, which is ONLY going to increase the use of coal and anthracite in the townships


[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

- A backyard barbecue that was covered while still hot caused an explosion that damaged parts of the owner's home and a neighbouring house


Poor Ned Flanders.
He really just needs to move.

- Lee



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm flagging this because I love hearing stories of stupid people endangering their lives.

What can I say? I'm a sadist.

Thanks for posting this, OP.



TheAssoc.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join