It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Coast Elite will Benefit from Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Anyone who owns land, real estate, businesses, etc on the Gulf coast are mostly wealthy individuals ala Martha's Vineyard, Malibu, etc . The beautiful white coastal sands of the Gulf are their personal private sanctuaries. I've never been able to afford to vacation there

Simply put, the spill will only do damage to the local fish, not the elitist and their pregnant bank-accounts.

Like 911, when mostly millionaires with great insurance policies died, the wealthy will once again have their hand out for a donation. This time the cash cow will not be the donations from the American public, but from a Oil company with much deeper pockets. The Gulf coast elite are licking their greedy chops.

I don't feel sorry for these people, I feel sorry for the ecosystem, the fish and wildlife.

On a side note, all the poor fisherman throwing oil tainted shrimp off the side of the boat makes great TV on CNN, but we all know who will benefit from this man made disaster.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's amazing that a rig just so happens to blow up off our shores, but the US government doesn't step in. They let the oil company do it and say they are gonna take the bill, but then you get Obama calling for a quadruple tax hike on oil.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comfyinsidethebox
It's amazing that a rig just so happens to blow up off our shores, but the US government doesn't step in. They let the oil company do it and say they are gonna take the bill, but then you get Obama calling for a quadruple tax hike on oil.

Believe me folks are gonna double dip. I hate to bring up the 911 analogy, but in that scenario people got money from the insurance companies AND the tax payers.

People living in the Gulf will get paid handsomely from BP and the tax payers too, while the poor fishermen gets a job paying minimum wage cleaning up the mess.

join